• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ike vs. shiek

ike-brawler567

Smash Cadet
i have a friend who plays as shiek online, and he is pretty good. im having trouble approaching him; he will get pretty far away then use needles against my QD. also fair and nair are getting difficult to pull out. any advice?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Shiek's only projectile is the needles but it only is enough to make you approach. How are fair and Nair hard to pull out?

Also if your friend knows how to use Zelda, he should just use her since Zelda has an advantage on Ike than Shiek.

Othersyde

Smash Rookie
Shield+Grabbing, spot dodging, short-hop dodge all crucial components to beating the speedy types. Just be patient, evade their attacks, and wait for that opening.

If Shiek's camping just approach him with caution (dodge or shield his needles) but anticipate that at any moment he could go offensive and dash at you - be ready with a spot dodge and then proceed to jab at him.

And like Ussi said - your buddy should play Zelda versus Ike - Shiek is cake compared to Zelda. The hitbox on Zelda's UPsmash is ridiculous and Din's Fire is particularly annoying.

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
This thread is slightly discouraging.

I main zelda, and I've had enough problems with Ike that I was contemplating development of my sheik to try to counter him. Sounds like that's a bad idea lol.

I will just keep practicing then.
It is true that Zelda can gimp some of ike's moves and has some advantages, but it seems like even if you're playing amazing and winning all game once you make that ONE mistake then wham!

it's all over and ike wins =/
Feels like the odds are totally stacked against me.

My chances are even worse in 2v2 when he is hard to keep track of.
Today I had to vs. a Marth and an Ike on the same team, in close quarters with zelda? ugh..

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
For future reference...

I have created a thread that covers all the character specific matchups. It is rather developed and detailed, thus capable of offering valuable information on this, or any matchup you might be interested in.

You can check it out here:
Detailed Character Matchups

And yes, this is shameless self advertising. :laugh:

Top Bottom