• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike vs Ike match up?

grandpappy

Where's the beef?
NNID
eyeplaybass
3DS FC
5343-9859-5848
I don't know man, I think this matchup is pretty unwinnable for Ike. Ike loses 100% of the time. :awesome:

The key is to out space the other Ike. If you're doing a better job of spacing and baiting, you're probably going to win. Ike really ruins Ike's day when Ike gets a punish on Ike. Ike is ezpz for Ike to juggle and is the perfect weight for throw follow ups. And when Ike is off stage, Ike poops on Ike with walk off FAir.

Personally, I'd like to see an end to Ike on Ike violence, but do what you must. I fight for my friends

Last edited:

Leirkov

Smash Cadet
Grab combos are brutal. From my own experience it's a mini Marth ditto where grabs lead to crazy, beautiful things. But like Shazam said, spacing out is crucial. Even with tipped hitboxes getting chip damage works until you get a big punish.

MLGF

Smash Lord
The only Ike ditto I've ever had is the aggro Ike vs the defensive Ike.
And I think being more patient and defensive is better for this MU, aggro play is generally worse for this MU because unlike a lot of other characters, in the ditto you don't have to respect range.

So yeah, punish like mad.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
The only Ike ditto I've ever had is the aggro Ike vs the defensive Ike.
And I think being more patient and defensive is better for this MU, aggro play is generally worse for this MU because unlike a lot of other characters, in the ditto you don't have to respect range.

So yeah, punish like mad.
Gee, I wonder who taught you that? ;D

MLGF

Smash Lord
Gee, I wonder who taught you that? ;D
Details.
Anyways, I'm impatient as hell. So I never follow my own advice. If you're gonna be aggro, dance dash and nairs all day. Ike, ironically, has the best kit to punish QD ever.

Last edited:
Top Bottom