• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ike videos

Hostility

Smash Ace
These are posted in video discussion, but I wanted to post them here for some discussion.

Lucien (P.Trainer) vs Hostility (Ike)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xdy5fEusIPY

Lucien (Falco) vs Hostility (Ike)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Rb_k9hQDXHQ

Lucien (Blue Ike) vs Hostility (Gold Ike) 1
http://youtube.com/watch?v=00mZhZldihM

What I learned:

You can't get impatient with ike, and spamming will get you killed. Prediction is key.

When being pressured on the edge, dropping down and throwing your aether at someone attempting to camp the ledge and hit you off is a great way to get people away from the ledge.

Be aware of what you are doing near the edge, I got push killed quite a bit because I wasn't paying attention to how close I was to the edge, and I would get hit and do a move to my death.

Back air out of sheild is probably his best option out of sheild

there are lots of potential changeups with your forward B approach. Try to mask when you will attempt one to keep your ike unpredictable.

Fair to jab combo/fair uptilt up air are the only two combos I could do with ike, and these only apply at super low percents

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
Hmm...pretty nice. I've only watched the first match against PT, but I can already tell of some nice things. In general, I like how when ledgehoping and using his Aether, it'll even come up through the stage. Also, in theory, I REALLY like how his Quick Draw is shaping up to be a huge way to punish the swap outs from the PT. Since stages, some, seem relatively smaller, you can empty Quick Draw over to them and punish as how you see fit. In theory at least. I'll be watching the other videos now.

A matchup against Falco was something I was worried about, but hey...at least he can't pillar? XDDD Hopefully there won't be a substitute. I noticed, though, that an empty Quick Draw right into an AAA combo or any variant is ABSOLUTELY ****ING BEAUIFUL!

Good **** on the Ike ditto guys. Shows some really good potential on what Ike can do. Upsmash is just a punishing beast, 'nuff said.

Thanks for uploading the matches.

Torchik

Smash Ace
Oh, I love it! ^_^ That was a good match against PT! *sigh* I really wish I had Brawl now...I wonder when the stores are gonna get their demos...Or maybe I can find someone who imported it and "befriend" them, so I can play it.

Omg, the music in those videos is AMAZING. I <333333333 the Fire Emblem theme and and I <3333333 the King K. Rool's ship theme. (DKC 1,2, and 3 were some of my first games. DKC 2 was the best, Diddy and Dixie rule!)

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
Loved the videos... lets keep them coming.

One thing that is disappointing to know... Ike is the only one that i have seen been successfully edge hogged.

Love the drop off the ledge into Aether.

shanus

Smash Hero
you and luc seem to be picking up your characters well. Is Quick Draw edge cancellable? It seems like a nice way to get good moment off the ledge to maybe switch to a RAR bair on a recovering opponent, or at least a rising fair or dair. Lookin' forward to more vids of Ike.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
no quick draw in the air leads to fast fall cant do anything anamation

shanus

Smash Hero
no quick draw in the air leads to fast fall cant do anything anamation
I think you misunderstood me, as if you do a quick draw so that you slide off the edge at the end of it (i.e. how you would with the phantasms in melee) all lag would be gone and you'd still have some momentum.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
oh no....like if ur on PK stg in melee and its normal fox can stand on one and side be off the platform? if so no...

shanus

Smash Hero
oh no....like if ur on PK stg in melee and its normal fox can stand on one and side be off the platform? if so no...
no, you still dont get it haha....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8TEcAAEPCQ

at around 19 seconds in. Notice that the move finishes right as he hits the edge of the platform and by holding forward his momentum carries him off the edge and cancels all lag. You can edge cancel the lag off of just about any move in melee (i.e. dair on the edge while sliding off to another dair instantly off the edge on that one)

Hostility

Smash Ace
you and luc seem to be picking up your characters well. Is Quick Draw edge cancellable? It seems like a nice way to get good moment off the ledge to maybe switch to a RAR bair on a recovering opponent, or at least a rising fair or dair. Lookin' forward to more vids of Ike.
Thanks, and yes quick draw can be ledge and platform canceled, I did it by accident a couple times.

Hostility

Smash Ace
Loved the videos... lets keep them coming.

One thing that is disappointing to know... Ike is the only one that i have seen been successfully edge hogged.

Love the drop off the ledge into Aether.
Yea if you're gonna play ike you have to be careful what you do off the stage. Something lucien was doing to me in some of our matches was when I would do quick draw to try and recover, he would jump off the stage and just take the hit and I would fall to my death. You have to be really tricky with your recovery.

Hostility

Smash Ace
Hmm...pretty nice. I've only watched the first match against PT, but I can already tell of some nice things. In general, I like how when ledgehoping and using his Aether, it'll even come up through the stage. Also, in theory, I REALLY like how his Quick Draw is shaping up to be a huge way to punish the swap outs from the PT. Since stages, some, seem relatively smaller, you can empty Quick Draw over to them and punish as how you see fit. In theory at least. I'll be watching the other videos now.

A matchup against Falco was something I was worried about, but hey...at least he can't pillar? XDDD Hopefully there won't be a substitute. I noticed, though, that an empty Quick Draw right into an AAA combo or any variant is ABSOLUTELY ****ING BEAUIFUL!

Good **** on the Ike ditto guys. Shows some really good potential on what Ike can do. Upsmash is just a punishing beast, 'nuff said.

Thanks for uploading the matches.

The falco match was just lucien being more talented than me. I didn't feel a character advantage really when playing him, just lucien being better than me. And thank lucien for uploading the matches, lol.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Haha, pretty good. I can't wait to fight you.

You should join our Guild, we're having an exclusive Ikes-only tournament. ^_^

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Arr, that ya did. It's hard to keep track of our epic amounts of members. XP *punches self in head*

Anyway, good luck in the tournament, only 31 days to go. x3

ZodiakLucien

Smash Ace
I also would like to say that eruption is also a good alternative to hit above platforms and a more rangy alternative to the uair. Though it is risky, its got some lag.

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Oh, Eruption has done some amazing things for me.

Really? You can't use someone else's for a few minutes when it's time for your match?

Hostility

Smash Ace
Thanks, both of us got a bit better as well, so hopefully we will be coming out with some new videos in the near future

Top Bottom