• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike tournament advice?

Adachi

Smash Rookie
So I'm going to my first Project M tournament in like 2 weeks and I was wondering if you guys have an tips for a fellow Ike Player. I'm gonna be using Ike the whole time against anyone I play against. This tournament is pretty Indie so I have no idea what the competition will be like besides the friends I'm going with to enter the tournament.

grandpappy

Where's the beef?
NNID
eyeplaybass
3DS FC
5343-9859-5848
Play with as many people as you can. Try not to be shy (like me :awesome:)because making friends and playing with people is the best way to get better. Plus, the Smash dudes I know are pretty cool people. And never forget to fight for your friends.

Last edited:

metroid1117

Smash Master
Like shaZam said, focus on meeting as many people as you can and playing as many friendlies as possible - try to find people around your skill level (slightly above is preferable) so that you don't get too overwhelmed about being outplayed by high-caliber players. Most importantly though, have as much fun as possible because in general, Smashers are pretty awesome :).

Last edited:

ZiggaWaTT

Smash Journeyman
Go in with the mindset that your gonna get slain. I went to my first tournament a couple weeks ago and I went in with the mindset that I was gonna get slain and I did, but it was also a ton of fun meeting and playing with other smashers. I also got a sense of match ups that I didn't have much experience before and I can't wait for my next tournament to do it all again!

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
You have to go full mother****ing Trikeceratops. Only then will you place well enough to call yourself a Radiant Hero.

Top Bottom