• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ike top tier?

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
ok is he or is he not that is the question that everyone is asking so lets review

positive

- ike is strong and has amazing knock back

- he can can K.O. at 60%

- he has a spike

- he has decent recovery

- has super armor

- has decent approach against 60% of the cast

- can live because he is heavy

negative

- is slow as sin

- has ******** start up lag

- can't fight projectiles properly

- can be comboed easily

- no projectiles

- not so good grab game

so i say he is top of middle tier or bottom of high because when u look at everyone else they have worse faults or worse can't K.O.

****by the way who likes my sig it's relatively new and ive been getting bad feed back****

Optimus124

Smash Rookie
I think Ike can be in the right hands. He's more of a survivalist in the heat of battle and his potential to quickly dispatch KOs is awesome. Now you may become an innate punching bag due to recovery limitations, but I think his One Hit Wonder style can make him top tier material in the hands of the right Brawler.

By the way....I like the sig

UobteX

Smash Cadet
He's hard to use at times. You really have to get used to the start up lag he has in his attacks, especially if you want to land any aerials. Also, if you miss, you get punished hard. The trick to Ike is mastering the timing required to use his attacks and adjust according to the speed of your opponent. That being said, as a character he's definitely not a pick-up-and-go character like Marth was in Melee. As a character, I think he only deserves the top middle tier or low high tier.

Btw, you asked for opinions on your sig, so I'll just be blunt and say it's not too good :(

Hinote

Smash Cadet
*Sigh* Yet another tier thread about Ike. Can we all stop it, or at least bother to place it in a single topic? Anyway, it's time for my opinion.

Top? No.
Useable? Yes.

The metagame changes. Arguing about tiers at this stage is just ridiculous.

P.S. There's an Official Tier Discussion thread for Brawl Tactical Discussion.

Cazitha_90

Smash Rookie
Really, Ike can be the best in the right hands, when I was speed unlocking for Snake, one forward smash and a well time Eruption would be an auto K.O.

Miller

Smash Lord
Didnt you see the other 9000 topics about it?
For the 9000th time in a row

GTFO the internets, your post is worthless

Top Bottom