• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike to get English voice acting?

Bursting_Rythem

Smash Cadet
I want Peach to keep the irresistibly cute voice she has now... please don't change it...

Marth should definitely keep his Japanese voice. When he taunts, I wanna hear "MINNA, MITEITE KURE!" not something English that's gonna sound dumb.
"Everybody, Look to me" sounds alot cooler than "Minna, Miteite kure", but that's just me.

True Sonic

Smash Cadet
IMDB said 50 cent was doing the voice of Epona in Twilight Princess.... Do I need to say anything more?

BrianM

Smash Journeyman
Ugh, I've played both Radiant Dawn and Path of Radiance and loved the games to death, Fire Emblem is easily way up there on my favorite series, but Ike's English VA is terribly mediocore. Ike's Japanese VA is suitable.

Hell, this has been brought up many times, but Pokemon Trainer's voice WILL be *****.

Mike87

Smash Ace
Ugh, I've played both Radiant Dawn and Path of Radiance and loved the games to death, Fire Emblem is easily way up there on my favorite series, but Ike's English VA is terribly mediocore. Ike's Japanese VA is suitable.

Hell, this has been brought up many times, but Pokemon Trainer's voice WILL be *****.
Its the same VA for both games right?

Personally I dont care what the VAs sound like.

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
Marth should definitely keep his Japanese voice. When he taunts, I wanna hear "MINNA, MITEITE KURE!" not something English that's gonna sound dumb.
ROFL. What he's saying sounds weird anyway. In case you missed it when the other guy said it above me, Marth's saying "Everyone, look at me/look to me". :laugh:

And I think Marth will get an English voice this go around, since the only reason he and Roy had Japanese voices in Melee was because they were gonna get cut from Melee but were kept at the last second due to being popular with testers.

Puddin Master

Smash Apprentice
Captain Falcon also speaks English only in the Japanese version of Brawl.

There are voice actors for a majority of the characters you've listed though - I'd imagine Fox, Falco, and Wolf would use their "Star Fox Assault" voice actors. Characters like Marth and Roy, at the time of Melee, never appeared in an English game, which would explain why there was no english voice actor to do it for the english version of Melee.
That sucks. I want Wolf's British voice. It's much better than his Assault voice. It'd be awesome if he would say "Can't let you do that, Star Fox" when he wins against Fox.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Actually, it's been semi-proven.

Watch the Subspace Emissary movie, and about half-way through, you'll see Ike use his Aether move. The yell he does is very much different from the yell in the Japanese version.

I would expect all of the characters to get some sort of localization. The only one could be Marth, but I think NOA will provide some sort of voice actor, so we will know what the hell he's saying...
I also noticed that. SUCH a manly yell! :laugh: It does sound like his English voice actor. I hope he talks, because he has a good voice actor.

Marth probably will get an English voice, too. Especially with Fire Emblem 11 around the corner, being a internationally released game that Marth will star. We'll finally get to know the new Marth.

Marth yelling "Look and me [and be prepared]", as in he's got the Ken combo ready to perform instantly, is always hilarious [in Japanese]. I want to hear him say that in English, though. >_<

Too bad we'll never get to hear Roy's English voice actor. :(

True Fool

Smash Ace
I may leave the language on Japanese. I like Fox and Falco's extra speech, as well as Mewtwo's when using it in Melee. Marth and Ike will likely be the deciding factor in this.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well Marth seems to have been confirm to have an Eng VA for Brawl then...Shinji's VA...hm. Spike, I love thee but don't make Marth wimpy sounding XD

and I hate to pass this along but...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Adkins

For those of you who hated Ike's voice in PoR, bring out the tissues/rocket grenades.
Spike would be great if we got Marth to rant about the SSE's ending.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
We already know David Hayter is talking Snake, so there has to be some localization for some of the characters. So Ike will probably change. I'd guess that Marth will still speak Japanese (since he's never been in a US FE game). Samus probably speaks English because in some ways Metroid is our Fire Emblem. Metroid isn't as big here as Fire Emblem is in Japan (I assume) but it is definitely much more popular here then there. If not for America there probably wouldn't have been anymore Metroid games after Prime and Fusion. So they probably made Samus English in both version because of that.

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
I may leave the language on Japanese. I like Fox and Falco's extra speech, as well as Mewtwo's when using it in Melee. Marth and Ike will likely be the deciding factor in this.

I may follow you and do the same.Cuz no way in holy hell Iam gonna put up with NA dubs.Its basically just like what they do in anime dubs,THEY KILL THE CHARACTER(except for a few exceptions). :embarrass.Solid Snake for example is a American looking dude,and David captures his voice very well.Right down to the personalitly to his..err,sexuality,Snake is what you would look for in a American army badass.Deep voice,guns,cigarettes,"girly"magzines.Same goes with the anime Cowboy Bebop.

But when you get a character that doesnt have a huge fanbase to begin(meaning hes Japanese or not from the US) with and you add a "TAKE THIS MCGIFVER!"to the mix,the results are usually "throw up"worthy IMHO even if you dont understand where Iam coming from. :embarrass And half the time,its nothing even close to what they are actucally saying in comparsion in Japanese for one reason.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
From what I recall what Marth actually says in Japanese is rather uninteresting at best, the only reason it sounds good is because a majority of people don't understand what he's saying XD

Really, I wouldn't put it past them to put in a voice for him. So far the voices they've used have been pretty good from what we have heard from the English Voices so far.

Starry Might

Smash Journeyman
I'm not too keen on Ike's Japanese voice, myself. It's okay, but he sounds like an old man...or maybe Marth with laryngitis. :laugh:

Speaking of Marth, here's part of my most recent post in the "English Voice?" topic in his subforum that might interest you:

Anyhow, I think it's time for me to post something that I've observed in the "Enemies and Allies" video on the American and Japanese versions of the Dojo last week, but with the following very strong disclaimer:

THIS IS SIMPLY SOMETHING I OBSERVED. DO NOT GET YOUR HOPES UP TOO HIGH OR QUOTE ME ON IT IF I TURN OUT TO BE WRONG.

Okay...

Japanese Version: http://www.smashbros.com/jp/gamemode/modea/modea13.html

American Version: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/modea13.html

When the video loads, move the bar on the timeline to the part where Marth and Meta Knight land after cutting a swath through the Primids that rose up behind them, and listen carefully to the sounds they make in the closeups of them moving their heads to look behind themselves.

Meta Knight's "Ulp!"-like sound is different in the American and Japanese versions of the video, but Marth's little gasp prior to that sounds EXACTLY THE SAME.

TAKE THAT FOR WHAT YOU WILL.
EDIT: I just realized this was an oldish topic. Please forgive me for the bump. :urg:

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
I see no intentions as to why Ike, Falco, Fox and Wolf would not have English voices, even though they have English voice actors. :p Marth on the other hand my still not have an English voice, but who knows.

SilentDrifterZ

Smash Ace
Spike would be great if we got Marth to rant about the SSE's ending.
his voice is unique. You can easilly pick that voice out in anything and seeing as I know him as Shinji from Neon Genesis, I won't be able to stop laughing whenever Marth talks cause I'm thinking.

Marth + Shinji Voice = Wimpy feminine kid with a sword.

They even kinda got the same face design almost, creepy.

El Cancel

Smash Journeyman
the english voice acting is great.

i hope they use dedede's voice from that kirby back at ya cartoon. that'll be sweet.

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
the english voice acting is great.

i hope they use dedede's voice from that kirby back at ya cartoon. that'll be sweet.
Man, that would absolutely own and I agree 100%. I kinda' even wanted Meta-Knight's Spanish accent in the game, XDDD.

Ike is smexy no matter what language he's speaking in. Period.

-sonny-

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure the reason that Marth nor Roy spoke in SSBM is because they never had a game come out in the US. The fact that they spoke Japanese also may of interested some people and inspired them to find out more about them.

Ike has been in English games. I forget the title, but he was the main character of the Gamecube one, in which he spoke English. Metaknight's voice has also been changed to English, and I'm sure that Lucario and others will as well. However, I still think that Marth will remain Japanese only.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
King Dedede BETTER not get the Colonel Sanders voice...my main will NOT be selling Kentucky Fried Chicken, thank you very much >.>

I don't think he will, since Nintendo recently broke away from 4Kids doing Pokemon, and Meta Knight has already been revealed to have a new (deep badass) voice, so I wouldn't doubt that the King of Dededes will have a brand new voice as well. Since, in one of his victory poses, he does speak, so we can most likely expect him to have an American voice.

I'm personally hoping for a modification of his Japanese voice, like a gruff English representation of Genghis Khan :D

Top Bottom