• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike+Ragnell= epic fail

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
On topic: Yes, Ike could have used a projectile attack on his neutral b, since eruption completely came out of nowhere (except maybe to imitate marth/ roy).
Eruption came from the spell Eruption in FE. But it is weird that Ike would use it as it's typically activated via a book like the other spells in the game.

Duker

Smash Journeyman
How... can a sword do ranged attacks?
Energy beams fired from the sword. Man, PoR Ike was a beast.

And I did honestly think Ike would have this when they first announced him, it made perfect sense.
DOH! Should've thought of that...

It annoys me in video games, anime, or whatever whenever a character fires a beam or any kind of projectile out of their sword. Kinda ruins the whole purpose of the sword (to be a close-quarters weapon)...
A swords purpose, and any other weapons, is to kill. If you can kill from a distance AND close-up it makes the weapon more efficient.

Otherwise it would be like saying that the feets purpose is to walk, and therefore Superman is a failure <.< .

LuisMa316

Smash Cadet
DOH! Should've thought of that...

A swords purpose, and any other weapons, is to kill. If you can kill from a distance AND close-up it makes the weapon more efficient.

Otherwise it would be like saying that the feets purpose is to walk, and therefore Superman is a failure <.< .
Well he is since Batman is cooler and Supes an alien not bound to our ways.

Things is though i've never seen i sword shoot beams in real life i think thats what he ment.

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
I'm not that great with mythology, but perhaps it was changed because it'd be more suitable.

If I remember correctly, Alondite is the name of one of Sir Lancelot's swords. Sir Lancelot is an enemy of Gawain and disguises himself as the Black Knight. Ragnelle is the wife of Gawain. He marries Ragnelle in order to save King Arthur. Ettard is the maiden that Pelleas loved. Even though he loved her, she didn't love him. Perhaps the name was used in order to symbolize the conflict between Gallia, Crimea and Daein.
Ah, well, that definitely makes sense. Thank you Hinote. ^_^

GiantKiller

Smash Cadet
This sounds more like a slight disappointment than an epic fail.

Alarmist slogan-flinging FTL.

-GK

Top Bottom