• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike: Normal Moves Discussion

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
like gimpy said for a split sec ike would'nt do anything then he would wind up his smash atk so it looked good on the vids and im sure it was a bug or problem or whatever b/c in vids ike was fine

GenG

Smash Lord
According to Famitsu, these are the best 3 moves Ike has for ring outs.

# Side Smash A: 48%
# Down A: 86%
# Side A: 93%

The percentages are those you need for KOing Mario at the center of Final Destination. The smash is uncharged. They say, however, that Ike's fully charged Side Smash A can KO Mario at 20%.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
as far as i have seen (cant remember which of the 6 vids) ike has 2 SPIKES
fair- when the stroke is finishing but its still not very powerful
dair- right when he thrusts the sword down and is very powerful nair-LOOKS like it would be a spike

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
Ike's aerials aren't nearly as slow as I thought. LOL though at Masashi trying to use Ike like he uses Marth, SHFFL Forward Airs aren't gonna work with Ike.

His Forward Tilt is really good, comes out fast and hits them far. That 3-hit A combo works really well too.

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
Ike's aerials aren't nearly as slow as I thought. LOL though at Masashi trying to use Ike like he uses Marth, SHFFL Forward Airs aren't gonna work with Ike
F-air might not, but his n-air might, they all come out pretty fast from those video's. He looks pretty decent overall though, his f-tilt and u-tilt both come out fast and the a-a-a combo worked nicely. His grab range seemed good too.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
AAA was great that is goning to be a key move against characters jacked up on spedd like sonic and fox
Nair covers just about his entire body and could be used to protect himself from projectiles
his grab rng was good but the only thing is since DI is more effective in this game ike might not be able to chaingrab or even an followup atk after a d throw or u throw
i think it was match 2 against ddd but ike was off the screen and he used quick draw it looked like he came up short, but the move ended as in he wouldnt hit anybody but the momentum still carried over and he grabed the edge it was an amazing revover

after seeing ike in these matches it prutty much locked it for me that he'll be my main even if there is a faster swordsmen

Rakath

Smash Ace
Ike's aerials aren't nearly as slow as I thought. LOL though at Masashi trying to use Ike like he uses Marth, SHFFL Forward Airs aren't gonna work with Ike.

His Forward Tilt is really good, comes out fast and hits them far. That 3-hit A combo works really well too.
The only one of Ike's Airs that might be able to Double like Marth is Bair... maybe... His Nair can't double but it's got a good hitrange on it.

And Ike's forward tilt is freakin' nuts. Fast and his third strongest move... F-Tilt and D-Tilting with Ike will probably be a key to victory with him.

Jeremy092387

Smash Cadet
Hooray, Ike officially out of garbage tier. He can actually hold himself up on one on ones. Thank god.:)

Top Bottom