• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike: Normal Moves Discussion

GenG

Smash Lord
This thread will keep track on all Ike's normal moves. If you want info of his Special Moves, look here.

This is Ike. Obviously, Ike is strong. Very strong. Many of his moves have some delay, but it's paid off with powerful strikes and super armor frames here and there. His sword doesn't seem to have any special features (like sweespotting) at first sight.

· Normal AAA combo: Punch-Kick-Sword Slam
Description: Ike punches and stop people at close range. He can follow it with a kick and finish with a powerful stoke.
Damage: 3% (Punch) 5% (Kick) 7% (Sword)
Super Armor Frames: Unknown.

Picture:

Where to see it: Here, at 2:25. Ike punches and then stomps Sonic, but the second hit doesn't add damage but knockback.

· Forward Tilt: Forward Swipe
Description: A forward swipe, a very standart move to all swordmen. Quick move for spacing.
Damage: 15-16%
Picture: Too small to see.
Where to see it: Here, at 00:11. Ike swipes forwards and Metaknight is sent flying.

· Up Tilt: Upward Sword Slam
Description: Ike jumps and slams upward with the sword. Has a bit of startup.
Damage: 13%

Picture:

Where to see it: Here, at 00:37.

· Down Tilt: Ground Sweep
Description: Ike sweeps low, just like Link's move.
Damage: 15%
Super Armor Frames: Yes.

Picture:

Where to see it: Here, at 1:04.

· Forward Smash: Armor Breaker
Description: A very powerful swipe, starting at Ike's back and ending in front of him. Can kill people at low %.
Damage: 21~28% Uncharged.

Picture:

Where to see it: Here, at 0:27.

· Up Smash: Heaven Splitter
Description: Another very powerful swipe, covering Ike's whole body. Sports an unmatched range and is surprisingly fast. This seems one of the best moves within Ike's moveset so far.
Damage: 16~20% Uncharged.

Picture:

Where to see it: Here, at 0:01.

· Down Smash: Ground Crusher
Description: Ike swipes forwards, and follows it with a quick and low strike backwards.
Damage: 14% (First hit) Uncharged.
Picture: Too small to see it.
Where to see it: Here, at 3:28.

· Dash Attack: Speedy Slash
Description: Ike runs and swipes in front of him.
Damage: 8~9%

Picture:

Where to see it: Here, at 1:06.

· Wake Up Attack: Anti Ambush
Description: Ike quickly slashes both sides.
Damage: 7%
Picture: Too small to see it.
Where to see it: Here, at 1:47.

· Neutral Air: The 270º
Description: Ike waves his sword 270º around him in a circular motion, starting at 12 o'clock and ending at his back, so it can hit people behind him.
Damage: 10% (At the end of the move, so damage in the main part of the attack could be different)

Picture:

Where to see it: Here, at 0:26. You also can see it more clearly here at 1:11.

· Forward Air: Helm Basher
Description: Ike fiercely strikes in front of him. Has a noticeable startup.
Damage: 14%

Picture:

Where to see it: Here, at 0:17.

· Back Air: Back Turner
Description: Ike quickly turns around midair while striking. This move leaves him facing backwards, like Marth's bair. This is probably the fastest move Ike has, with almost no lag afterwards.
Damage: 14-15%

Picture:

Where to see it: Here, at 0:35 (after Pikachu's Thunder). If you can get the HD one from IGN you can see it even better.

· Down Air: Link Wannabe
Description: As the name implies, is just like Link's downwards aerial thrust, but doesn't bounce.
Damage: 17%

Picture:

Where to see it: Here, at 0:39 .

· Up Air: The Helicopter
Description: Ike waves the sword over his head, attacking people over and in front/back of him.
Damage: 15%

Picture:

Where to see it: Here, at 0:34.

· Grabs

- Forward throw:
  • Description: Unconfirmed
  • Damage: Unknown.
  • Super Armor Frames: Unknown.
  • Picture: Unseen.
  • Where to see it: Unseen.

- Down throw:
  • Description: Unconfirmed
  • Damage: Unknown.

- Up throw:
  • Description: Ike punches the enemy upwards.
  • Damage: 6%
  • Super Armor Frames: Maybe when he is not wielding his sword.
  • Picture:

• Where to see it: Here at 2:13.

- Back throw:
  • Description: Unknown
  • Damage: Unknown

Feel free to discuss and add.

-Knux-

Smash Ace
Well done. ^^

I'm anxious to see Ike's grabs.

Also, do you think Ike is as slow as Gimpyfish says he is? I, like you, compare him to Link in speed, but Gimpy says he might even be slower than BOWSER.

GenG

Smash Lord
Unless Bowser is much faster that it seems, I doubt it. Ike has moderately quick feet.

I just found a new move I can't identify. I think it's his Dsmash, because it strikes twice, in both sides. Look here at 3:28.

-Knux-

Smash Ace
I doubt Bowser is faster than we think. Ike isn't that slow.

It very well could be. You could just add that to the first post and put questionable next to it, or something.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Thanks for making a list and putting pics.
His backthrow is like Sheiks - kicks backwards.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Unless Bowser is much faster that it seems, I doubt it. Ike has moderately quick feet.

I just found a new move I can't identify. I think it's his Dsmash, because it strikes twice, in both sides. Look here at 3:28.
Definitely has to be his DSmash. If the double-swipe isn't enough indicator it looks like he glows before he does it I.E. it can be charged. Unless tilts can be charged in this game too?

GenG

Smash Lord
The dash attack is missing. Let's ask the people attending the E4All if they can check it.

-Knux-

Smash Ace
The dash attack is missing. Let's ask the people attending the E4All if they can check it.
We need to compile a list of the things and moves about Ike that we don't yet know.

~Dash Attack
~Grabs
~Taunts
~Other two costumes
~How fast he is compared to other characters (ex. Link's speed = Ike's speed?)
~How high he can jump compared to other characters
~Can he wall jump?
~Can he crawl?
~How far can he dash in the air with his special forward move?

That's just some of of the things that we will need to ask them.

lukintosh

Smash Ace
I apologise for the double post. Here is the analysis of Ike's normal moves damage

F-tilt: 16%
D-tilt: Unknown
U-tilt: 13-18%

F-smash: 11-36%(Not too sure on this one. The max could be 23%)
U-smash: 18%
D-smash:

Nair: Unknown
Bair: Unknown
Fair: Unknown
Dair: 17%

I will update this list when new info arrives. GenG you might wanna add this to the first post. Please inform me if I've missed out anything.

-Knux-

Smash Ace
I apologise for the double post. Here is the analysis of Ike's normal moves damage

D-smash:

I will update this list when new info arrives. GenG you might wanna add this to the first post. Please inform me if I've missed out anything.
Oh, good job. ^^ The more information the better.

BokutoGuy

Smash Journeyman
ok thx very helpful, his moves seem as powerful or more as roys and abount link speed is ok by me, i just hope he doesnt replace marth

-Knux-

Smash Ace
ok thx very helpful, his moves seem as powerful or more as roys and abount link speed is ok by me, i just hope he doesnt replace marth
I personally won't be sad if Marth isn't in, but I'll warmly welcome him back if he does make it. ^^

GenG

Smash Lord

D-smash:

Wow, I was about to update and I find this. Thanks a lot and don't hesitate to add more.

Hallowed Storm

Smash Journeyman
Great topic.
The range on his Up Smash is huge!
He seems to have a lot of lag at times, but I think his power will make up for it. I can't wait to see his grabs now.

Nintendo_lord

Smash Journeyman
I went to E4, and played with Ike. Some of his B moves are as follows:

Down B-
Deflection Attack, same as Marth's and Roy's.

Forwards B-
Shoots forwards while slashing his sword.

The Up B and Nuetral B are on the website.

(Up be is the same as Kirby's final cutter, Nuetral B is near the same as Shield Breaker)

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
I went to E4, and played with Ike. Some of his B moves are as follows:

Down B-
Deflection Attack, same as Marth's and Roy's.

Forwards B-

The Up B and Nuetral B are on the website.

(Up be is the same as Kirby's final cutter, Nuetral B is near the same as Shield Breaker)
We knew these already, but thanks a lot for bringing the info regardless. It's greatly appreciated. :)

Did you happen to notice how much knockback the Counter has? Or how long it's active (Marth length or Roy length)?

Hallowed Storm

Smash Journeyman
Forwards B-
I have a question: in the videos I saw, this attack was blurry. Does he slash his sword multiple times while running forward, or does he just run into opponents and slash at the end?

Rakath

Smash Ace
Hallowed Storm: Looks more like a chargable Falcon >B When you reach the target you slash.

Phlemingo: Frames where if you get hit you keep attacking anyway.

Hallowed Storm

Smash Journeyman
Hallowed Storm: Looks more like a chargable Falcon >B When you reach the target you slash.
Thanks for that.

I personally won't be sad if Marth isn't in, but I'll warmly welcome him back if he does make it. ^^
Same for me. I still think Marth has a chance of getting in Brawl, too-- Ike is slow and strong, whereas Marth would definitely be a faster, weaker character. Both would be great in my opinion, but I'm also happy with just Ike.

Silent_Hill_Crossing

Smash Apprentice
His B>, does seem quite awesome. Now if we only had a knock back Comp. of the Counter vB.

I wouldn't mind if Marth was in. The more characters the merrier.

GenG

Smash Lord
An almost perfect pic of his ftilt, showing the arc and everything:

Zink

Smash Champion
Hmm, we have almost enough info to do some combo speculation... bair and usmash look to be the fast moves Ike has, maybe dtilt. So those would likely begin a combo. It's hard to say without knockback info, but I think bair might lead into some ground moves, maybe something like bair then dtilt to pop them up then f/usmash to finish... hard to say. Hopefully Gimpy's update will shed some light on this...

D

Deleted member

Remember, folks, its only a demo. They could throw this all out of the window by February.

Anyhow...

IKE RULES! I can see him being like Ganondorf was in Melee, slow, but powerful and skilled enough to be used in tournaments.

GenG

Smash Lord
I honestly can't say, all moves seem like finishers to me. 3 or 4 are enough to kill someone, and knockback looks too high to be able to connect moves.

Interesting moves to start a combo are utilt, dtilt and dair to aerial, since these seems to be reliable launchers at low to mid %. At high % Ike doesn't have to work a combo, just landing whatever attack will be enough.

We have yet to see the grabs, which could start sick combos. Ugrab to utilt to Aether?

I don't see Ike being too much combo oriented.

Elec Man EXE

Smash Apprentice
I'm fairly certain what you've got listed as the video for the Ftilt is actually his USmash...

And you've got the same vid and time listed for both Nair and Fair...

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
As for combos, I'm actually liking the idea of jab->upsmash, ESPECIALLY since the characters a re bit more floatier.

I DO have a worry though. In Gimpy's thread, someone mentioned that it's hard to short hop with Ike a lot because of the start up on his aerials. I think his bair, and probably dair, are fine, but I'm wondering about his fair. He doesn't do the twirl before he does his fair I think, so I would THINK it'd work perfectly for l-canceling. No idea on his nair.

-EDIT-
I was thinking how DK's fair was in Melee, and I didn't want that happening in Brawl for Ike, but then I remembered something...Ike is floatier!

Zink

Smash Champion
Big news?

Okay guys, go check out this video. it's the Peter Gale one with the cool Aether edgegaurd. Okay, look at about 0:17, and again a few seconds later. is it just me, or does he combo the stomp into fsmash, and the fsmash has zero startup lag? It's NOT an ftilt, the motion is wrong. And just as obviously it comes out far quicker than normal!

GenG

Smash Lord
Yeah, maybe the stomp motion was just a slash and we just fell for it? Maybe different moves? I just saw Ike kicking after his punch here at 00:32.

Maybe it's the natural combo thing Sakurai explained in the DOJO? About holding the A button or pressing it many times.

Top Bottom