• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike is the new Roy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archimbald

Smash Cadet
Now, hear me out on this; I know there are many of you who are hung up on Ike not being like any Melee character, but I imagine you're only thinking of his moves and speed.

I am not comparing him to Roy because of his Neutral-B. Playing as Roy was based on the knowledge of yourself and your enemy. Roy was an absolute terrible character who relied on his Counter-attack.

Now say you take away Roy's Counter-attack. How do you make Roy a good character and still rely on outsmarting your enemy? (Shut up, I know Ike still has the counter attack. Just follow me on this.) Make him slow and powerful. So slow that you must know what you're going to do before it happens. So he's Roy, but he doesn't rely ONLY on the counter-attack.

_Doorman_

Smash Rookie
You make a compelling argument, but I gotta disagree. Ike seems to be incredibly original in terms of design choices.

Archimbald

Smash Cadet
I know, design choices, but I'm talking in terms of strategy. Roy players should transition nicely once past the differences in movement and speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom