• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike is really really really bad on Jungle Japes

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Ike seems to have no recovery options from falling in the water.
Any way I can make it so Ike is at least half way as good as others at getting out of water in general? The fish on the summit seems to eat me during the sword throw animation of aether.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
its not a fish its a klaptrap o.o bu besides the point, the water surprised me but hey before you would die just falling down, but with Ike he could reach the stage even from the bottom XD guess they made the water move so you WOULD die not survive.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
its not a fish its a klaptrap o.o.
I said the fish on THE SUMMIT.

guess they made the water move so you WOULD die not survive.
Yes, but Snake, Jigglypuff, toon link, heck even diddy/fox/falco can escape, because they
can cover horizontal AND upward distance with their recoveries. Ike can either go straight up
and straight down, or straight sideways and straight down.

This makes it so that if you fall in the water, even at 40% you will most likely die as Ike,
but not if you were another character.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I said the fish on THE SUMMIT.

Yes, but Snake, Jigglypuff, toon link, heck even diddy/fox/falco can escape, because they
can cover horizontal AND upward distance with their recoveries. Ike can either go straight up
and straight down, or straight sideways and straight down.

This makes it so that if you fall in the water, even at 40% you will most likely die as Ike,
but not if you were another character.

whoops my bad o.o about skimming over summit. My advice: Either don't play that stage or don't stand on the bottom, and if you are hit there, your opponent used strategy to make the fish eat you. So hit him there instead if you can.

as for other characters coming back, one of Ike has a semi weakness is his recovering for being gimpable and one direction only(up or sideways), the ones you have mentioned are not weak at all in recovery. Basically this stage exploits his weakness in recovering more.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Remember you can jump, THEN double jump, THEN up B or Side B when you're in the water. Make sure you realize that, and you can usually live if you fall in near the middle, and occasionally leftish side. Of course otehr characters can recover from longer distance, btu that's the same on all stages.

I kinda like japes against certain characters cause Ike wrecks that one platform on the main part, and if they fall down on the smaller ones, you can punish without them escaping range easily, if they panic and roll they're still within ranges.

Top Bottom