• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike in doubles?

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
Trying to find my main doubles character, and I tried Ike the other day. A friend of mine played Marth and it worked out pretty well, he played Fox and it turned out pretty well. I've had some trouble of hitting him and killing him a couple times since Ike's got huge moves but I think I can work with it. What d you guys think of Ike in doubles?

Commander

Smash Ace
Asking Ike players what they think about playing Ike won't give you very varied responses.

X0dus

Smash Apprentice
I've had the most success with a Fox and Kirby. Fox works with anybody and I can't really explain why Ike and Kirby work well. I also love Ike in doubles.

Last edited:

True Fool

Smash Ace
Ike is a fine doubles partner, I recommend pairing with either a speedy, combo character or a good projectile-zoner. Preferably don't pair with another bruiser, unless you guys have some amazing strats.

Double-bruiser can work, but if the other team knows what's up, you guys may end up divided and conquered.

My doubles partner is usually DDD or Mario, and occasionally when he switches to Wario or Bowser, I'll swap to Marth or Link.

Though Wario and Ike can work if the opponents projectile game isn't too strong.

Though really, the key is to figure out where your partner is comfortable and cover his/her back. I tend to take most of the ground game and let him take the air, since QD and grab can usually cover the ground better than most of his options, taking to the air occasionally to edge-guard and complete combos.

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
Ike is amazing in teams. I think he shines best with someone who can either put on alot of damage fast so he can do the KO's or Ganon. He works really well with Ganon.

xBlitz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AresxBlitz
3DS FC
3583-0912-0374
See blitz + nightmare or ally + any given player in teams and study how the ike behaves, and how the teammate responds in specific situations (also good to spot when either partner should have chose a different option or backed off/approached when they chose poorly as a good general doubles learning exercise)

I think Ike in general is great, especially with fox.

Top Bottom