• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IKE... I NEED HELP!

Pάρί

Smash Apprentice
When I was like 10 I always liked to play as Ike, now that I've come back to smash in PM I wanted to know how can I improve my Ike gameplay because he seems so slow and still feels like he's in Brawl, can I have so tips? Thanks!

Y-L

Smash Champion
A lot of people have the misconception that Ike is a character where you just fsmash people and kill them at 30 percent. Rely less on smash attacks and dash attack, more on aerials. Quickdraw everywhere into everything. Make sure you get fast falls and l cancels as his moves are ultra laggy without them.

RomanCenturionX

Smash Cadet
When I was like 10 I always liked to play as Ike, now that I've come back to smash in PM I wanted to know how can I improve my Ike gameplay because he seems so slow and still feels like he's in Brawl, can I have so tips? Thanks!
Its kind of difficult to say what you need to improve without seeing you play but I would recommend you watch Ally, Metroid, DJ Nintendo (I can't remember if he has any tourney Ike videos) as some of the top level Ike's or you can check out the video thread for more Ike play. There are some people off the top of my head I can recommend which would be SparkingZero, Y-L, NWRL, Hoboz, and Commander (not sure what he goes by in tourney) so be sure to check them out to see a variety of different ways to play Ike and how fast Ike can go.

Last edited:

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
Like I have videos; there isn't a single stream or camera around Kentucky to get me on tape. I'm like the Soren of this Ike Board, you want help with theory? I got it covered. (Ooooh, that's a good idea for a Profile Pic)

Yeah, first, you'll want to reference Metroid and DJ Nintendo for what Ike can be played like.

If you want to play a faster Ike, your go-to moves/habits to focus on should be.
- Neutral Air -> L-Cancel
- Jab -> Grab
- Quickdraw -> Jump Cancel

If you intend on going to events in your state, contact SparkingZero.

Commander

Smash Ace
I notice you have 8 characters listed as your P:M mains. If you want play Ike you should drop at least 6 of them.

grandpappy

Where's the beef?
NNID
eyeplaybass
3DS FC
5343-9859-5848
As a habitual secondary switcher, I have to say the Ike life is rough man. Ike is the truth tho.

Commander

Smash Ace
As a habitual secondary switcher, I have to say the Ike life is rough man. Ike is the truth tho.
Second Blue Ike. Then you will always have a consistent secondary that you can practice without worrying about hurting your Ike.

NWRL

Smash Ace
Play patiently, learn every QD option, and don't rely on your smashes too much.

Oh and grab everything.

Top Bottom