• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Help

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
Hello, I'm trying to pick up Ike as another character, but I have absolutely NO ides what I'm doing. All I really know about what he can do is what's written on his character page, but that's not much help in learning HOW to do it. Basically all I'm asking for is a crash course of Ike. What his playstyle is, some good & bad matchups, how to do some of the more technical stuff, etc. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Also, I main Link at the moment, so any comparisons to him will help a lot.

foxygrandpa

Smash Journeyman
for similarities to link, they both air juggle pretty well. Jumping out of the QD is good for rushing down an opponent after they have been launched. Don't throw out too many ground attacks, unless edgeguarding, punishing, or if its a certain hit. It's necessary to learn using the QD, and it works especially well as a tech chase. Hope I helped.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Hello, I'm trying to pick up Ike as another character, but I have absolutely NO ides what I'm doing. All I really know about what he can do is what's written on his character page, but that's not much help in learning HOW to do it. Basically all I'm asking for is a crash course of Ike. What his playstyle is, some good & bad matchups, how to do some of the more technical stuff, etc. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Also, I main Link at the moment, so any comparisons to him will help a lot.
If you're looking for a brief crash-course on Ike, this video is old but still relevant to 2.6 Ike in terms of the uses for QD. I don't mean to "toot my own horn," but if you're looking for ideas on how to use Ike, then my channel has some 2.6 Ike videos here and there like this one.

Top Bottom