• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike doesn't suck.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
As much as I don't care about Ike, I'm glad you punished the penguin like that. Lame chain-grabbing.

Edds

Smash Ace
ike doesnt suck but hes not the best either. the thing ive noticed with ike is once he gets a hit, he can do quite well. aslong as you can work around their spacing. sideB works somewhat alright after a nair. i havnt really worked whats best comes after what with ike. i only use him as a 2nd main.

iamthelifeonmars

Smash Cadet
he's too slow. Marth has far many more advantages.
marth has a completely different playstyle, how could you even bring that up as a point? ikes ff aerials are 2gud, nair to jab combo or utilt is a force. its fun to have chars that should run circles around ike afraid to approach you. dtilt and dair spikes sap their morale just fine :bee:

Edds

Smash Ace
yeah ike is slow but i dont know why you brought marth into this. ive been using marth once i first unlocked him in melee and before i knew smash bros was used in touraments.

you maybe right that ike doesnt have more advantages than marth. but hes still good either way. his specials what really make up for him. (apart from the recovering side)

i will use ike as a backup in tourneys and always 1st on my random list.

heres a list of few great moves i like using with ike:

A - A - Grab
Nair - A - A - A
A - A - Ftilt
Utilt - Bair on low %

theres proberly a few ones ive missed. hes no combo character but that doesnt mean he blows.

whut?

Smash Journeyman
As much as I don't care about Ike, I'm glad you punished the penguin like that. Lame chain-grabbing.

lol..he wasnt chaingrabbing right.
hence the "imah jab spam till i break free" the ike was able to accomplish.
ddds chaingrab is inescapable if the ddd knows what hes doin,
still the vid was funny..kindve. just dont get a big ****!

Seriaxe

Smash Apprentice
Yes Ike he slow, but he twice the amount of power marth can do, Marth aint the best character so i think you should keep your stupid comment to yourself, There are alot of characters that are pretty slow, bowser, Gano, Snake and much more i dont think Marth is better then Snake.

On topic: Ike not the worst character he a pretty character especially his Side B i love to approach with it.

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
Yes Ike he slow, but he twice the amount of power marth can do, Marth aint the best character so i think you should keep your stupid comment to yourself, There are alot of characters that are pretty slow, bowser, Gano, Snake and much more i dont think Marth is better then Snake.

On topic: Ike not the worst character he a pretty character especially his Side B i love to approach with it.
richARD combo iz muc beta thean marf !!

Top Bottom