• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Chaingrabs

Scruffy_Scoundrel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Scruffy_Avenger
3DS FC
1805-3603-6917
I noticed there wasn't any threads listing which characters Ike can chain grab so I decided to make one, I hope that's okay if not I'll delete it.

I don't know all of the characters he can chain grab but I know some;

VS Ike, Ganondorf, and Bowser:
F-Throw --> QD JC Grab F-Throw until around 80%
I practiced this against some local players and their DI may not have been up to par so if any of my information is wrong please let me know.

metroid1117

Smash Master
It'd be very difficult to compile a list of chaingrabs that Ike has since whether or not you can re-grab is character-dependent, DI-dependent, and %-dependent. In addition, unless you throw your opponent back towards the center of the stage, you won't be able to get more than 3 QD regrabs or so if you're only going in one direction. IMO it's better to just play -a lot- and gain match-up experience over time so that you have an intuition of what is possible and what isn't.

cisyphus

Smash Ace
Did something like this with Snake and would suggest taking the following steps:
1. Put into effect visual hitboxes via debug mode
2. go frame-by-frame at the critical moment (the regrab) and confirm 100% that the opponent is ORANGE and not YELLOW
3. Retest this attempt a few more times to confirm that it's CONSISTENT
4. Test a few variants of the DI particularly those that send characters far away both horizontally and vertically
5. Be satisfied in imperfection

The first step makes narrowing possible ranges very straightforward
The second step gives precise measures to these areas
The third step confirms usefulness
The fourth step gives an organic concept of the grab combo game at large.
The fifth step stops you from spending 20 minutes on a single percentage. Mine are 5% integers

My regrabs are pretty consistent with Snake because of making this. If nothing else, you gain a lot of insight into how your character combos, so I don't think it's particularly health to discourage an investment like this.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I don't think fthrow or bthrow true combo into any regrabs (you just have to watch their DI), but usually regrabbing doesn't net much gain and it's better to do something else.

Uthrow on fast fallers is the only reliable CG.

Edit: Fthrow can cg Marth (and Bowser lol) at low % which is pretty good to get him into combo percent. I haven't experimented with bthrow much, so I could be wrong on that one.

Uthrow can regrab Falcon and up. If they DI away, side b regrab (or side b attack). If they DI in, it's an easy regrab or utilt. 40% is prime for uthrow -> nair juggles (just be sure to hit them with falling sweetspot nairs so you can continue the combo).

Last edited:
Top Bottom