• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike against duckhunt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nova The radiant hero

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2105-9110-9470
My mains ike i'm not the best so i'll obviously just lose if they're better than me but i have a lot of trouble with duck hunt duo mostly so i was wondering if theres a good way to counter him...

Colin Steele

Smash Apprentice
You should be able to time your f-air to just slash away his projectiles, but come the landing lag, if he decides to approach you might not have time to counter. Idk, I don't play Ike but that's what I would suggest trying.

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
Power shield the clay pigeon, keep track of can like you would Snake C4/Claymores back in Brawl. You can use aerials to hit the can and clay pigeon to swat them away and approach DH. When you're in you should space out Nair/Fair and look to stay on top of them, you should be good at that point if you space well.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
Mario gave good advice. To add, be really wary of DHD's smash attacks when you get within close proximity, as they have relatively large and super disjointed hitboxes, not to mention his aerials are really quick. DTilt will be your best friend on the ground.

If you're playing against DHD in lag, your job becomes about 50x more difficult.

Nova The radiant hero

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2105-9110-9470
Awesome advice thanks everyone :) and sorry I'm really bad at navigating this site can't find where to post stuff or stuff i want >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom