• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IGN's framerate theory sucks

Mzero

Smash Cadet
"...many of the backgrounds are kept very simple in an effort to the keep the framerate up..."

That can't be true. The stages are simple in design, but most of the backgrounds travel extremely far distances. The levels change walls, water is added, death lines move around, and some areas have objects that attack players. Then there is the stage builder, where we can make complicated levels all we want with no lag. The only time the game framerate drops is during online play. The levels have become a lot more complicated than melee's.

I dunno about IGN these days. Where are they getting this from?

D

Deleted member

The frame rate doesn't drop during online play, the game is rendering the same things it always does, that's just network lag, and it's only if you have a bad connection or are really far away.

Yuichi

Smash Cadet
It doesn't matter if what they said isn't true or not; it's not like they study the game as much as we do. Seriously, the game got a 9.5; that's still a great score. So stop complaining and making stupid threads about how a person gave the game a score which you believe not to be a sufficiently high enough score.

Peaquak

Smash Rookie
They don't understand Nintendo wanted to make the levels like they first appeared. They wanted the sonic level to look like it was from sega. The yoshi level from super nintendo ect.

Did you guys know fox,falco, and wolf are exact clones with different skins? IGN did

Libomasus

Smash Journeyman
Simple? I wouldn't call any of those particle effects simple. Are they talking about stage layout, because that was done simple to make it easier to navigate.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
the moment it sayed that Wolf is a clone and that Matt is a SSB Sensei...I stopped watching...

Mzero

Smash Cadet
It doesn't matter if what they said isn't true or not; it's not like they study the game as much as we do. Seriously, the game got a 9.5; that's still a great score. So stop complaining and making stupid threads about how a person gave the game a score which you believe not to be a sufficiently high enough score.
I'm not complaining about the score. The score is great, but they include crappy information like its true. They dont even say that its a possibility. IGN is huge and they think we'll believe all the crap they tell us

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
To me most backgrounds look like they either are simple animated flat textures or scale models. It's not unlikely they did try to reduce any framerate issues by cheating.

Yuichi

Smash Cadet
I'm not complaining about the score. The score is great, but they include crappy information like its true. They dont even say that its a possibility. IGN is huge and they think we'll believe all the crap they tell us
Alright, my mistake. But I still don't think you should make threads complaining about another persons/groups opinions.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
IGN is an excellent site for video game info, reviews and stuff but they really ****ed up when they reviewed Brawl.

They said air dodge was a New technique and Falco and Wolf were basically costumes swaps.

Wlokos

Smash Rookie
If you expect IGN to be an expert about every game that it reviews, then you're crazy.

With that said, it is pretty surprising that they made such random assumptions about certain parts of the game - such as the backround thing.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
That was one of the many issues I had with the review as a whole. Some of the stages have simple backgrounds because that is how they were designed. So IGN just doesn't like those simple-background stages, they can play on FD, Halberd, and others with insanely detailed backgrounds that are practically CGI videos, and watch their theory fall to pieces.

japtar10101

Smash Apprentice
Well, Matt as a sensei already says a lot about the review. Plus, he wrote it. Considering he's a Pikachu thunder, this comes as a frustrating surprise.

But I strongly appreciate the 9.5 score, and will cherish that over IGN's incorrect assumptions and quotes. :)

Tofu Beast

Smash Ace
they critisized this in melee too

if the levels are to simple in brawl i dont know what more they want

KernelColonel

Smash Journeyman
As whistle-whetting as the review score is, I can't really count it. It's IGN. They could have given it a 10 and I wouldn't believe they'd have the right reasons why.

ElementSun

Smash Cadet
The problem here is that IGN seemed to have deducted points from Brawl on issues that aren't entirely true.

and that sort of grinds my gears.

Top Bottom