• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you replace one of king dedede move's for it's Brawl's version of it what move would it be?

Man of shame

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ManOfShame
What move would you replace? I would replace king dedede's d-air to it's brawl version.

cwjakesteel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cwjakesteel
Brawl's D-air is possibly infinitely times more useful, as right now the King's spiking d-air is pretty much never used, and a falling gordo is trouble for everybody.

I would bring back waddle Dee toss.

For the first time I played a ZSS on For Glory who actually posed a challenge to me. I was able to use Gordo as a bouncing wall to guard when she approaches, but Waddle Dee is just also infinitely more useful.

Otherwise, I think the rest of DDD's moves were improved. His F-tilt has reduced range but I think it's better. and his down-tilt is absolutely amazing.

Also DDD's b-air was pretty useful. It was like a sex kick, but if Smash 4's DDD had the brawl b-air it would be absolutely terrible because of DDD's terrible air mobility.

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
My memories of brawl are a bit rusty, but wasn't DDD's F-air a kill move with less end lag than the current F-air? If so, that would be my choice. His current B-air is so much better and fun IMO, and gordos, while maybe not as fun or hilarious as throwing out a random minion, are more consistent and give you more control. Although this is coming from someone who never picked up DDD until smash 4

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
dair. other than that, nothing. i love the bair in this one and i'm fine with gordos

Jdawg26

Smash Apprentice
Back air is the objectively correct answer.

I mean Brawl dair was fun as an anti approach tool, but could you imagine soft spot back air chains in this game? He'd be busted lol.

cwjakesteel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cwjakesteel
His Dair, and replace the Jet hammer with the brawl Waddle Dee throw
How how about making side B his Waddle Dee throw, and you can change whether he throws a waddle Dee, a Gordo, or a Waddle Doo depending on how long you hold the B button? Tap for Waddle Dee throw, long hold for hitting gordo with hammer and maybe mid with the Doo?

Also just think about using Brawl's dair to pressure shields with your landing. Instead of just jumping, you could jump > d-air > jump > d-air in the air all while taking down the shield.

Flawed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFlawedOne
Uptilt, Bair, and Dair for the down air out of shield.

And back throw. Brawl back throw please.

I can live with everything else

Cook

Smash Master
Definitely dair because it was so useful in Brawl, imo. However, if getting the same grab range he had in Brawl is an option, I might go with that, lol.

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
If we're going with my totally subjective answer, I'd like Inhale to get its grab armor back. I use the move a lot and the lack of armor really hurts it for me. Besides that, Dedede's old grab range would be great to have.

Of course as was mentioned above Bair is probably the only real objectively good answer, but I like the current bair more honestly. It's not as good but I think it's more fun and satisfying to land.

MioTinto

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-2162-7019
The Big Gay Dance, obviously. Other than that, his Brawl moveset is a bit too awkward for me to use properly.

D

Deleted member

I would easily replace the Gordos with Waddle Dee Toss. Waddle Dees only weren't just useful for disrupting and juggling, but they blocked projectiles for you. Plus throwing out a Gordo once in a while and seeing it connect was immensely satisfying. The Gordos here are deadly (especially with them being able to cling onto walls and edges), but them being able to be so easily reflected really undermines their utility.

Oh, and the down air from Brawl. His one here is baaaad. So slow and an immense amount of ending lag if you hit it near the stage.

CO18

Smash Hero
Bair was his best aerial easily. But considering how useless his current Dair is and his bair being decent in this game, I would say Dair.

RandomLax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RelaxBro
3DS FC
3668-7762-8508
Fair/Dair for sure he is a floaty with a fairly weak air to ground game.
Fair had so much more range.
Dair is the approach he needed, it can provide shield pressure, give them something to worry about when juggling, and in the sm4sh engine it would probably spike too anyway.
I liked the brawl bair a lot more too, it seems like it had so much more utility (More range, sour spot, faster startup?, & kill move)
Utilt could at least get the power back too...

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
Obvious answer is obvious.

Bring back the b-air.

Dedede's Brawl b-air is his most useful and fastest move, with it being able to perform a wall of pain and chain into itself with a couple of late hits. Overall very versitile, especially compared to Dedede's new b-air....

RoyMaBoy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Minecrafter620
3DS FC
0044-3464-8959
Nobody likes Dedede's new D-Air, so I'd bring back his Brawl one. I don't know why they changed it, because his old D-Air was a real attack pulled right out of Kirby games, now it's just a really bad excuse for a D-Air/ attack. Everything else is okay for me

FrostBlitzkrieg

Smash Rookie
NNID
Bltzkrieg
The new B-air is pretty safe in this patch, and has a huge hitbox to fish with, so I can complain about it. The Brawl D-air was godly though. I'd like Brawl's down air and waddle dee back please!

Anatase

Smash Cadet
NNID
SilentHuntsman
Hardly ever played Dedede back in Brawl, cannot play him for jack in that one for some reason...

Regardless, I loved how silly and ridiculous his D-air looked in Brawl, so I'd go with that. Yes, I know it's pulled out of the actual games. No, that doesn't stop it being silly.

Top Bottom