• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

if you dont use mech hammer.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

showmeyagoose

Smash Cadet
edit: kill yourself and let this thread die with you.

maybe ill post again in a year when the disrespectful kiddies have left

yourmother

Smash Rookie
The mech hammer is cool, but the main problem is that the range just isn't that good, which means that there's just a better option in pretty much every situation.

Stalfoe

Smash Apprentice
If you can see they are doing a move that will end up with a lot of lag and you are safe, pull out VB, you can position yourself or follow with it out and is basically a free kill at 50+ percent. Although intimidating, it is easily interrupted and out ranged so don't use it when your opponent can counter.

really_calm

Smash Journeyman
It's probably easier to land it while falling or fast falling to a standing opponent. But it seems REALLY obvious. It's like DDD puts up a giant flashing flag with an accompanying buzzer to let you know he's gonna hit you.

I guess if they shield you can always wait until they unshield, unless they grab you. =/

I have yet to test this move very extensively.

And by reversal of a jet hammer do you mean like reversing mario's fireball in the air?

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
That was the worst strategy I've ever heard of, and it will never work on someone who actually play competitively. >.<

"Dude, you can use it when ur invincible omg that's teh secks"

showmeyagoose

Smash Cadet
That was the worst strategy I've ever heard of, and it will never work on someone who actually play competitively. >.<

"Dude, you can use it when ur invincible omg that's teh secks"

lmao yeah, thats exactly what i said "teh invincibl hamr iz butsecks" NO, actually i didnt...
you shouldnt use it every time you spawn, but competitive players are smart and will use the invinicibility to their advantage, sometimes using fsmash right in the opponents face/where they will roll, or you could choose mech hammer and have more control...

youre living a fake competitive smash if you think ddd only has 2 good moves, bair and ftilt.....YOURE WRONG!!!

Waddle

Smash Ace
This is stupid. Why use that Mech Hammer when Dedede has other moves that are tons better than this ****ty move.

showmeyagoose

Smash Cadet
No he has about 19 good moves. Every one except Jethammer.
jethammer is a good move, just because you cant spam it constantly shouldnt cancel it out as a good move.....you never used it right and you take youre frustration out on it here?
boooo, just forget it...

really_calm

Smash Journeyman
so people here are scrubs i see.....roy forums all over again.
Not very helpful. A bit elitist. And if anything statements and thought like that are harmful to the community. Although if you explained your point and share your experience, we'd be grateful.

Also I saw your epic jet hammer kill, darkhero! very awesome ^^
here's the direct link for y'all: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpBAzpyDlHo

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
Look, if you can hit with it, then more power to you. Sure it can kill but he has many better options. DeDeDe can kill with Bair, Fair, Fsmash, Usmash, Utilt, Bthrow, Fthrow, Gordo, and maybe even some more I forgot. Name me a time when the Jethammer can kill, and none of those other options are availabe. Anytime they do something laggy enough to punish with Jethammer, you would be better off punishing them with something else. Just because it can work, doesn't mean you should be using it that often.

But hey, I'll admit it's fun when it lands. I have killed with it before, and I got a good laugh out of it. But if there was money on the line, I wouldn't use it.

Banned via Administration
Not very helpful. A bit elitist. And if anything statements and thought like that are harmful to the community. Although if you explained your point and share your experience, we'd be grateful.

Also I saw your epic jet hammer kill, darkhero! very awesome ^^
here's the direct link for y'all: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpBAzpyDlHo
ill be sure to not lose sleep over it. oh and watch your jph dude.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Now he says a sane person would use his f smash while respawning. Regardless of his state, it is super punishable. And I never said DeDeDe has only two good moves, so don't put words in my mouth you scrub.

soroush123

Smash Lord
jethammer is a good move, just because you cant spam it constantly shouldnt cancel it out as a good move.....you never used it right and you take youre frustration out on it here?
boooo, just forget it...
Because D3 has sooooo many spamable kill moves. The best I can think of is utilt, and that doesn't even have the range to be used without planning. As said countless times before, there are many moves that are much better than the jet hammer. It's obsolete. The shuffle glitch is the only cool part about it. If you play with people that regularly get hit by that, your friends should consider buying soul calibur when it comes out.

showmeyagoose

Smash Cadet
He doesn't seem to be yours either, your brawl character says Bowser. And its an obvious fact that there are always better KO options then mech hammer. You're acting so elitist.
i do main king ddd and i had no idea it said bowser, i made this new account as fast as possible...no ones elitist, im against the elitists who hate on anyone who says mech hammer is actually a good move.

falcon. you cant be punished after spawning, you have invincibility...dont call me a scrub or whatever, youre the one who got pissy with me for no reason, i was just responding to your attack.

edit: 5150 shouldnt be putting people down, he tried to name the chaingrab after himself, so dont call me elitist.

really_calm

Smash Journeyman
ill be sure to not lose sleep over it. oh and watch your jph dude.
Well, I can't stop you or anything, so go for it. Just wanted to point it out, just in case you actually wanted to better support the growth of the community.

What's jph?

So there have been a lots of people on this thread that wanted to know the situations in which jet hammer would be better than any of this other moves. So I figure that if we wanted to figure out whether or not jet hammer can be viable at all, we should try to brainstorm some situations....and discuss them.

So here's what I'm thinking:

1.) to punish people who air dodge a lot. You can jump into the air like darkhero did and expect an air dodge just to release jet hammer after the opponent air dodges.
2.) beginning invincibility? I don't know about this one. Just listing it because it was discussed. Although, I personally feel there are better options here.
3.) falling onto a standing character. Nair might not have the range you need. Fair is hard to time while fast falling and also, like jet hammer, has lag after it. Dair has way too much lag, even if it hits. You might not be facing the right way for Bair. So if you were to attack a standing opponent while falling from the air (if you're not facing the right way for Bair) you can either Fair or Jet Hammer. I'm not yet recommending one over the other. Both seem like they may be viable in this situation.

any other situations?

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
No he has about 19 good moves. Every one except Jethammer.
Sorry but the thread should have ended right here. I main Dedede, and I love the look of the Jet Hammer, but it's terrible in practice. He has plenty of good KO moves and the lag and hitbox on the Jet Hammer just make it pointless to ever use it over something else. I've tried working the Jet Hammer into my strategy but any time it hits (which is rare) something else would have done the job just as well.

showmeyagoose

Smash Cadet
any other situations?
yeah, there are a million other situations. you basically said the main ones, like people who ground dodge/airdodge too much. you can also fast fall and reverse it, just like how you can reverse inhale.

but this has become too much of a flamefest, too bad people cant appreciate this move, im fine with that though...if only a percentage of ddd mainers can incorporate this into their game, thats cool. its a different style of play, yes it can be effective, and yes it can ruin you. if i just use it once a day, i make sure it hits that one time, it does add a certain fear when people see it.
i was just playing an MK yesterday, he was on his last stock, i had 2 left. he had no more jumps and was gliding back...i charged up Jhammer, and since he feared it so much he accidentally killed himself trying to avoid it (descending too low while gliding)

just respect that people. dont call anyone or anything useless.

dead thread is now dead.

INVICTUS

Smash Rookie
you wait a second while respawning, then out of the blue you charge mech hammer WHILE invincible, and attempt a quick kill, i have gotten tons of kills this way, especially when people dont realize you still have invincibility from respawning...
Just checking that I have this right - your regular opponents often forget/don't understand that you're invincible for a short period after you've respawned?

showmeyagoose

Smash Cadet
That's the vibe I got from his idiotic post. He acts like it lasts for like 10 seconds too.
falcon dont get sand in your vag. this isnt middle school, no ones calling you out or being an ahole, you arent any better than me or anyone else, stop being so cocky.
you too invictus, you ask a question but it doesnt seem you care what i answer.
if you werent just like falcon i would take you seriously, youre only here for confrontation.

no, it doesnt last for 10 seconds, and im not saying everytime i spawn i use this, because id be lying if i said that.
i may use it once a week at most sometimes, its not the kind of thing you constantly do...
skilled players will try to run from you, but if youre on a small stage like smashville, all they can do to avoid you while invincible is roll away, dodge, or hang on the edge.
you can easily reverse and land a hit if they try airdodging or rolling, or sometimes you miss. but THATS what i mean by invincibility, if you miss you wont be damaged....
only foolish opponents who dont know the invincibility time will try to hit you, just because they know if you are hit the jhammer goes down.

you revived a dead thread so you can be *****? whats your problem, we've established this doesnt need any more discussion and i thought we had a mutual respect. i even linked you video of when this is useful, i never said you should spam this idea, of course not...dont get pissy because you have a different style.

really_calm

Smash Journeyman
They're not going to let this thread die right are you got the last word. They said jet hammer isn't useful. You say it is. There's been little compromise or discussion to try and reach common ground. Still looks like a live thread to me. I mean unless we're all just giving up here, in which case, how awesome are we? -_-

TiersAreReal

Smash Apprentice
I'm inclined to agree with the literate people if for no other reason than that they have the appearance of logic in their posts while the illiterate chicken scratch of the opposing posters contains some very bad logic (when I can make out what the poster is trying to say) when they aren't using ad hominem.

INVICTUS

Smash Rookie
you too invictus, you ask a question but it doesnt seem you care what i answer.
if you werent just like falcon i would take you seriously, youre only here for confrontation.

you revived a dead thread so you can be *****? whats your problem, we've established this doesnt need any more discussion and i thought we had a mutual respect. i even linked you video of when this is useful, i never said you should spam this idea, of course not...dont get pissy because you have a different style.
There was nothing confrontational or ****-like in my post, please read it again and check your interpretation. If you're making assumptions about my tone or intent then I can't do anything to stop you, but my question was genuine, addressing what I felt was a significant point in understanding your credibility. I can see how you would be defensive about this, given the approach of a lot of other posters, but I don't think I've taken their stance here.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
The computer Dedede did something really interesting to me with the Jet hammer the other day. I was playing Ness and I'd just grabbed the ledge. I noticed he was charging the jet hammer so I figured "that attack leaves him open. I think I'll jump off the ledge and get him from above.

So I pressed jump and did a ledge vault, however, Dedede jumped as well, followed me up, and whacked me with the jet hammer on the way up!

Since then, I've been wanting to experiment with this move more.

whisperingtears

Smash Apprentice
well if the mech hammer gltich isnt banned then there not reason it should suffer mobility. Just Imagine shooting across the stage back and forth.

really_calm

Smash Journeyman
well if the mech hammer gltich isnt banned then there not reason it should suffer mobility. Just Imagine shooting across the stage back and forth.
I don't think anyone has been able to pull off and control the super waddling jet hammer glitch consistently, much less incorporate it into their game. I'm not saying people shouldn't keep experimenting and trying, just stating that it's tough to get down. :ohwell:

dan smith

Smash Champion
I wonder if there is an alternate control scheme that would allow for better super waddling.

And no the Mech Hammer is not a good move.

Samus-T

Smash Lord
lol i use the mech hammer. i mostly use it when i get knocked up way high in a doubles match and i jump a couple of times off the top of the screen, then just down-B fall into the match and let go XD

batboy267

Smash Rookie
for the most part the jet hammer is a surprise attack if you use it at the right time it works well (but you can't use it often) over all it is King dedede weakest move

showmeyagoose

Smash Cadet
I'm inclined to agree with the literate people if for no other reason than that they have the appearance of logic in their posts while the illiterate chicken scratch of the opposing posters contains some very bad logic (when I can make out what the poster is trying to say) when they aren't using ad hominem.
the appearance of logic doesnt mean jack **** sometimes, appearances can be deceiving.
i didnt call anyone out, so why must people have to patronize others for using a move, call them noobs or whatever when there is no way to gauge skill with text...
this thread originally was intended to be a place where king ddd users can read about mech hammer from my view, and hopefully others views, but it seems all we've gotten is bickering and it just pointless/stupid.
maybe it was my fault, but i wasnt biased in my post...just frustrated at people who patronize players that use jhammer, they needed defending, because alot of them know what theyre doing. if its anyones fault its those who look down at players for using this move, while acting like they know whats best.
we cant have opinions without them being forced in others faces

Quondulen

Smash Cadet
Ok. Some people think the rocket hammer sucks and some people think its good. Great. Lets get back on topic and quit the bickering before this thread gets closed; this discussion has merit and I'd like to see it continue.

So far, the only situations I've discovered that takes advantage of the rocket hammer are instances where you are falling with your opponent near you. The rocket hammer kind of comes out of no where and no one expects it because it isn't used very much.

Here's a video to demonstrate. Watch at 1:46.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JQMC9GlRSY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom