• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you didn't like the Final Destination theme in the 3DS game

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
lol, I did audio hearing test (not blind one, but trying to hear differences intentionally as hard as I could) and here's what I got for mp3:

up to 128kbps, easilly detectable. I perceive so much losses, it's not worth to review.

192 kbps: somehow detectable, but I still don't give that much respect with the losses.

256kbps: quite hard to detect and I may not detect it on blind test, but remember that if I really love a vgm, I could listen to it for months and even years for a crazy amount of loops that it could become apparent.

320kbps: honestly, if I have to use it, acceptable because it was really hard, but I did spoted a tiny difference. The problem is again, I'm VERY picky so in long term, it's safe to go for better quality since music that got engraved in my head like ssbm menu 1 can become a bit easier to spot differences.

I didn't tested AAC, but I know it's a bit better than mp3.

Lossless is good if it's not on high compression. For flac, my converter had low, normal and high compression. I did noticed a difference on low, but at normal, I tried as hard as I could and I noticed nothing. For safety, I could use low compression and be fine for a very long term usage.

So, that's why I wonder what bitrate and codec youtube uses.

But I may switch to low compressed lossless after those tests. I really tried and it may be good to use flac instead of wav.

Btw, itune uses lossless and the quality is very good.
I'm not nearly as much of an audiophile as you, I just like ogg vorbis because it can be safely compressed to levels that would make an mp3 sound like a dog in a washing machine

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I'm not nearly as much of an audiophile as you, I just like ogg vorbis because it can be safely compressed to levels that would make an mp3 sound like a dog in a washing machine
Like I said, I need to test other compressed format, but this was my answer:

http://www.h3xed.com/web-and-internet/youtube-audio-quality-bitrate-240p-360p-480p-720p-1080p

192kbps AAC...that's low enough to be easilly noticeable for me.

The problem with those is the wav you'll get out of it won't change the quality. I know aac is a biut better than mp3, but it took me decent effort for 256kbps and I noticed losses. 192kbps really doesn't ask that much so, I don't think aac is going to change that in conclusion.,..

Looking forward to original quality on sounds test :)

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
The new mute city on the 3ds - now THAT is bad. 3DS FD isn't too bad, but the wii u one sounds great. Happy I can listen to decent versions of Mute City on the wii u version, and trigger the 3ds 'new' version to never play again.

Seriously, it sounds like the musicians in the 3ds mute city song are playing the song for the first time live, it's so robotic and horrible and they mess up timing so often.

Banhfunbags

Smash Rookie
The video in the OP was taken down. Does anyone else have another link to the music?

Top Bottom