• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legality If you could unban one stage in Melee

CptJPuff

Smash Journeyman
inb4 "poke floats" meme

But in seriousness, it'd be cool to see what shenanigans could be pulled off on the N64 Yoshi stage.

Chainz

Sleepy Chainz
Premium
3DS FC
1075-1816-9029
Mushroom Kingdom was one of my favorite stages back in the day. Would be nice to see it in tournament.

copke

I Just Got This Controller
NNID
copke46
3DS FC
1049-0983-0823
inb4 "poke floats" meme

But in seriousness, it'd be cool to see what shenanigans could be pulled off on the N64 Yoshi stage.
I gotta agree with CptJPuff on this one. N64 Yoshi's looks really good.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
inb4 "poke floats" meme

1. Can I use that signature. I understand if you say no, but I love the doc, and wish to spread it if I can.
2. Yeah, Yoshi's Story N64 would be cool.
3. I would also like to see Kongo Jungle. The rock and barrel would be annoying though. Maybe venom for the stupid camping. lol
:jigglypuffmelee:

Last edited:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Probably Mute City or Brinstar
Wish Mute City was bigger and didn't go to other places. Then I would totally want it to be legal, even with the road (Yoshi's has the cloud and the shyguys and Pokemon stadium has the weird stage changes and they're legal as well!)

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
Wish I'd joined the melee scene sooner lol. All those old af vids with mute city / green-greens / termina bay look so dope

GenNyan

Smash Ace
It would just be whoever gets the first percent runs to a cloud and camps for 8 minutes. Other than that its an instawin for puff.

I'm pretty happy with the current ruleset I guess. Its harder to revive a dead stage than to ban a legal one.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
It would just be whoever gets the first percent runs to a cloud and camps for 8 minutes. Other than that its an instawin for puff.

I'm pretty happy with the current ruleset I guess. Its harder to revive a dead stage than to ban a legal one.
iirc clouds disappear after short time, but it'd still encourage camping for the short time they're there. Still annoying lol

GenNyan

Smash Ace
iirc clouds disappear after short time, but it'd still encourage camping for the short time they're there. Still annoying lol
I don't play there often, but I think the amount of time they stay is based on how long you stand on them. Not entirely sure, but I think you could just jump up and down to reset the timer. And puff could easily move to another cloud if thats not true, to make her even more broken on that stage.

bigblast66

Smash Cadet

yeah that's the main reason why i hate it. heh

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
Great Bay, Kongo Jungle, Jungle Japes, Mute City, Green Greens, Fourside, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64.

I love those stages

bigblast66

Smash Cadet
Great Bay, Kongo Jungle, Jungle Japes, Mute City, Green Greens, Fourside, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64.

I love those stages
Venom and mute city are probably the fairest banned stages. if it weren't for the infinite combos on Venom it could be a counter pick :p

ChrisWithAk

Smash Cadet
I would say Rainbow Cruise because when I got into the community it took like 3 months before I figured out it wasnt a legal CP for teams. So I spent wayyy too much time learning all the timings for Rainbow Cruise. How long it takes for the full cruise, when the pendulum shows up, when you can drop down safely to the ship, how long you can ride those magic carpets and how long it takes for platforms to disappear.

And Rainbow Cruise is a great stage

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
people complaining about PS are just mad that top players camp on 2 of the transformations and that fox does good on PS

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Big Blue

But really, probably Mute City. It's been a legal counterpick in the past, and its problems are few, IMO. I love it.

Also, SSJ1/2 SSJ1/2 that's a great avatar.

Last edited:
Top Bottom