• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you could train with any Smash player, who would you pick, and why?

Shadow Light Master

Smash Journeyman
You have to live with them for a month. During that time, you play Smash with them 8 hours a day.

Who do you pick? Mango? Armada? Leffen? Westballz?

I personally would choose M2K. I feel like as one of the oldest gods, he was one of the biggest inspirations for people like me. Especially since he used to post on GameFAQs, my hometown. I feel like as he's getting older, I want to sort of be like his son and carry on his legacy.

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
Definitely Armada, Zhu, Leffen, or PPMD, they're all amazing players, and pretty damn chill.

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
Probably Plup. He got very good very quickly, and he transitioned from Samus to Sheik. HugS has said that playing Samus is about heavily about conditioning your opponent, and this kind of playstyle alongside guaranteed hard punishes is something I would want in my play.

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
PP. He lives half an hour away, so I could still have my normal social life while living with one of the best in the world.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Mew2King or PPMD. I've met M2K and he's super chill... but I have a lot of respect for PPMD as a person and a player.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
DJNintendo. He plays like every character so I could learn a lot about various MUs, and he's been playing for a super long time, so there'd be lots for him to teach me. Not to mention that he's just a really good player in general.

Also he plays Bowser which is cool too.

Gilbz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrGilbz
PPMD he's just such a real down to earth person. Seems like such a chill dude.

MrB_Tortuga

Smash Rookie
Either Zhu or PPMD. Zhu because I feel like he's the Falco whose playstyle I try to emulate the most, but PPMD because that man is a genius

FEOwain

Smash Apprentice
lol m2k. I'd learn so much from him. Or Hax ****in' Money dude. Fun+Optimizing.

RevySSB

Smash Cadet
Honestly i would have gone with Bombsoldier but there are better Falco's out there now so i would probably pick Westballz. I just love seeing him do crazy combos, his tech skill is also insane which i would need to learn being new to melee

Probably whoever's the most fun to play against. It's probably Mango or Westballz. I'd make a combo video of me getting rekt ^.^

D

Deleted member

I would pick Wizzrobe. Purely because of how young and how well he has done competitively.

vien

Smash Rookie
Probably Plup. He got very good very quickly, and he transitioned from Samus to Sheik. HugS has said that playing Samus is about heavily about conditioning your opponent, and this kind of playstyle alongside guaranteed hard punishes is something I would want in my play.
Yeah I would go for Plup as well. As a Sheik, he could help me with all character specific stuff and I would get to play his amazing Samus, too.

My second choice would be Leffen. It's pretty obvious as to why.

CptJPuff

Smash Journeyman
Ken or PC Chris. It'd be pretty cool to talk about the history of Melee while playing those two.

Top Bottom