• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you could remove and add one thing into the game what would it be?o

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Remove Link's down air and give him Toon Link's down air. But no... probably remove certain stages and add more. I want Great Bay. :D

ShionKaito438

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SK#378
NNID
ShionKaito438
I'd remove Brawl's airdodge mechanics and add Melee's.

D

Deleted member

Remove: The super armor on :4littlemac:'s smash attacks.
Add: The missing alternate costumes :4wario: had in Brawl.

Razorninja

Smash Rookie
NNID
Razorninja
3DS FC
4098-2412-1493
Switch FC
2785-7286-3012
Remove: Omega stages
Add: Stage hazard toggle

XxSmashM4sterxX

Smash Cadet
I'd remove all of the people who "main" half of the roster and add in everything from Melee except for the graphics.

Elite_Akumus

Smash Rookie
Give Ganon a more canon moveset ( similar to PMs one )
and / or get rid of dark pit, for King K Rool

Last edited:

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
Well, at least you admit it was a mistake.

Remove Miiverse community, add...

Nah, that's it, them being gone would be an addition to humanity alone.

D

Deleted member

I'd remove all of the people who "main" half of the roster and add in everything from Melee except for the graphics.
>implying people can't play a lot of characters
>implying Smash 4 needs Melee's advanced tech in order to be a better game

You crack me up, 'lil buddy. :dkmelee:

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
I'm sure someone has already said this...I would remove every clone/semi-clone character and add them as alternate skins. (Even Dr. Mario and he would still shoot pills)

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure someone has already said this...I would remove every clone/semi-clone character and add them as alternate skins. (Even Dr. Mario and he would still shoot pills)
Semi-clones? You mean Falco, Ganon, Toon Link, Roy, and arguably Wolf, Luigi, and Lucas?

There's just so much wrong with that, I'm not even going to take the time to name them.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Semi-clones? You mean Falco, Ganon, Toon Link, Roy, and arguably Wolf, Luigi, and Lucas?

There's just so much wrong with that, I'm not even going to take the time to name them.
Its all good that way those characters would never get in UNLESS they were completely unique. Period.

Last edited:

Petroklos

Smash Cadet
I'd remove unlimited air dodges.
I'd add more keybind options (shorthop dedicated button, option to stop smash attacks happening from :GCN:+:GCA: so it's tilts only)

Heart of Ice

Smash Cadet

Strawman arguments be like
Why are you two arguing over a matter of personal preference? People often treat this "Sm4sh v.s. Melee" issue like it's some form of a political debate (It's not). The lack of respectful exchange between the two communities greatly disappoints me. Thanks to all of the petty insults like "Trash 4" and "Melame" getting flung around, flame wars are extremely common on these forums. It makes me sad to see fans of the same series bash each other's skulls in over something so subjective. I would definitely be OK if a message like this was spread across multiple forums; maybe it would make the atmosphere on here less toxic.

Troykv

Smash Master
What exactly is Hitstun and why people love it some much?

Is it something relate with Combos and Zero-to-Death things?

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
What exactly is Hitstun and why people love it some much?

Is it something relate with Combos and Zero-to-Death things?
Hitstun is basically how long your character cannot do anything after being hit by a move. Lower hitstun means you can act out of being hit faster, while higher hitstun means you're helpless against an opponent's moves for a longer period of time.

Last edited:

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Remove: The safeness on whiffed attacks.
Add: Hitstun.
Attacks are already less safe to whiff than they have been in just about any other Smash game to date. Remember Melee, where people used to use short-hop fast-fall aerials that they knew wouldn't hit unless the foe walked into them? Yeah, that's a lot less of a thing in Smash 4.

Also, disjointed reach is shorter (but more consistent, thanks to Smash 4's abuse of partial intangibility) across the cast than it has been in any prior Smash game and hitboxes in general are smaller and more precise, so melee attacks with long reach will leave your hurtbox extended and vulnerable, and that little shift backward many characters do when charging their Forward Smashes matters a lot more than it used to. A "properly"-spaced kick to head height, for example, will almost certainly miss Link when he's charging his Forward Smash, whereas in Brawl it's quite likely he'd get hit anyway due to the hitbox on the attacker's foot being significantly larger than the actual size of their foot would suggest.

Moves with long reach also tend to have significantly greater overall lag compared to moves with shorter reach, and this difference is more noticeable than in previous Smash games.

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever

It's almost as if Melee is a much better game from a mechanical perspective.:smash:

Sorry you have 25 APM.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
What's APM?
Actions per minute, it's basically how many button inputs you make in a single minute.

As someone who enjoys both Melee and Smash 4, I'd remove all the Melee and Smash 4 flamewars, and replace them with some sort of acceptance that both games are fun in their own ways and don't always need to be compared.

D

Deleted member

Actions per minute, it's basically how many button inputs you make in a single minute.

As someone who enjoys both Melee and Smash 4, I'd remove all the Melee and Smash 4 flamewars, and replace them with some sort of acceptance that both games are fun in their own ways and don't always need to be compared.
Oh, thanks for the clarification. Is 25 APM a bad thing though?

I feel the same way about all Smash games honestly, they're all their own different experiences and should be enjoyed for what they are.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Oh, thanks for the clarification. Is 25 APM a bad thing though?

I feel the same way about all Smash games honestly, they're all their own different experiences and should be enjoyed for what they are.
25 APM is pretty slow, since every button counts for it, like even just touching the control stick to move, but it depends on the character, characters like Jigglypuff will probably have lower APM while characters like Fox and Ryu will probably have very high APM because they require more inputs for their playstyle. I don't know what the average APM is this game, but 25 seems really low, I'd guess somewhere around 90-70 would be the average, so yeah, 25 would probably be considered bad :p.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

25 APM is pretty slow, since every button counts for it, like even just touching the control stick to move, but it depends on the character, characters like Jigglypuff will probably have lower APM while characters like Fox and Ryu will probably have very high APM because they require more inputs for their playstyle. I don't know what the average APM is this game, but 25 seems really low, I'd guess somewhere around 90-70 would be the average, so yeah, 25 would probably be considered bad :p.
Thanks again for the explanation, that actually makes a lot of sense!

In that case, wedl!! wedl!! , you ruuuuuuuuuude

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
5 possibilities for me:
1) Remove omega forms. Add simplified stage forms (No stage hazards, scrolling, walk-offs and all that jazz.).
2) Add dodge/roll cooldown (F*** spam rollers.). Remove vulnerability frames on roll/dodge. (BC less rolls means less vulnerability frames anyway.)
3) Remove Pit's updated moveset, add his Brawl set back with improvements. (Then no-one could ***** about Dark Pit being a clone.)
4) Remove Wario's Classic Alt costumes, add "Classic Wario" as his own character. (BC a Wario with no Wario Land/World references in his moveset is dead to me.)
5) Remove Smash Tour, add Smash Run Wii U with multiple maps. (DLC Smash Run maps would be fine, too!)

Top Bottom