• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

if you could have ONE character type from 3.02 in 3.5 who would it be?

IronChar

Smash Journeyman
it's clear that the character nerfing has the community up in storm.

if you would bring one character from 3.02 onto official release of 3.5 which one would want to keep?

Boiko

:drshrug:
Everyone is going to say their main.

So I'll just save everyone the trouble and say Fox. Bring back NTSC up smash plz.

Celestis

Smash Ace
I am upset about Fox, but honestly pretty cool about everything that happened. None for me.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Ike got nerfed to hell, he's nothing like how he was... in 2.0.
Plz PMBR, bring back 2.0 Ike. Let's bring him out of trash tier.

But really, content as a whole. Wish MK still had a nerfed PM Dair instead of the Brawl dair, but he was already becoming painfully boring for me so him keeping that probably wouldn't have stopped my boredom with the character.

Scuba Steve

Smash Ace
Everybody is crying about the nerfs to their characters in 3.5 and I'm just sitting here like, "Why can't I hold all these buffs?"

Zujx

Smash Apprentice
ZSS
I used to play her every once in awhile she feels pretty weird in 3.5
Not really a huge deal though

kaizo13

Smash Champion
all my characters feel great in 3.5, Charizard, Roy, Ness, ZSS (yes she is better in 3.5), DK, Lucario, Snake, Falcon, and Fox

no complaints here

Dark_Ness

Smash Journeyman
I liked Meta Knight's drill D-air, but everything else is fine with me so far.

4tlas

Smash Lord
I really really really miss old Zelda. PM Zelda felt like a new incarnation of the character, and I loved it. She had a playstyle about restricting opponent's options rather than having many of her own, which was cool. Now I feel like I'm just playing buffed Melee Zelda with a boomerang. :/

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
Pretty sure it's every character's objective to shut down the opponent's options.

IronChar

Smash Journeyman

I like the new ganondorf a lot- one of the best things to come of 3.5.

so used to warlock punch in the air but I'm glad they changed it- it had seriously weak range.... and the things that replace it... man,

I think I'm gonna main ganondorf for the next torny to see how it plays out

that sword man!

Downdraft

Smash Ace
I haven't really experimented with Meta Knight, so I can't complain.
Zelda is the other character I juggle, and she seems fine to me.

Last edited:

4tlas

Smash Lord
Pretty sure it's every character's objective to shut down the opponent's options.
Not in the same way as Zelda, Snake, and Diddy did. I'm talking about controlling the field as opposed to countering the opponent (thus shutting down that option preemptively).

Stryker

Smash Journeyman
Everyone is going to say their main.
I main Marth and Captain Falcon for tournament play

However, when practicing I would often play Zero suit samus as well. Now, she already wasn't exactly the best, but after the nerfs given, she is unplayable to anyone who played 3.02 simply due to the fact that she doesn't play the same.

Nair, and dair got number nerfs and whatnot. I don't care about number nerfs tbh.
Her grab is as useless as before, but no instead of it being because grabbing is a risk, it's because you don't have anything to do with them once you have them grabbed because her throws were nerfed to the point where she is incapable of following up her grabs ~80 - ~90% of the time.
Paralyzer got nerfed to clank. This i like. Paralyzer got nerf so that it's not dash cancellable anymore. Goodbye another aspect of unique zero suit. Lost her tether grab, now she grabs like the rest of the cast.

These aren't all of the changes, but basically, she was both balanced, and redesigned. I agree with the balancing (Clankable paralyzer, ariel nerfs, and whatnot) what isn't cool to redesign a wonderfully unique character to homogonize her and take away her uniqueness because you aren't good enough at design to properly balance her uniqueness and just take the lazy way out and make her like the rest of the cast.
The ZSS boards are in a state of unhappiness right now, and 3.5 ZSS is such a different character that she is basically losing the players that liked her old playstyle. D:

Last edited:

Mean Green

Smash Lord
Psh! Im so mad glad about Ganons huge increase in abilities and how he can actually do something to projectile users and off stage game!

FFS PMDT, why would you nerd him thank you soo much?!
fixed:
Psh! Im sop mad about Ganons huge increase in abilities and how he can actually do something to projectile users and off stage game!

FFS PMDT, why would you nerd him soo much?
/s*

Last edited:

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
I miss old Zelda. I would've been fine with nerfs, but she didn't get nerfed, she got cut and replaced with a totally different character.

himemiya

Smash Lord
3.02 marth
2.1 sonic
2.5 diddy
3.02 zelda
3.02 pit

I don't play lucas but I do like his 2.1 bair and dair with the idea of the sideb to psi option, I'm not really a fan of the kirby nerfs but I worked around them.

Ningildo

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one who thinks that this is a clever plot to nag about 3.5 salt or am I a sarcastic ****?

Fox should obviously go back to 3.02 stats due the drastic changes he received, with nerfs including and limited to upsmash. Makes the character unusable against all the jank other characters have. People nagging about how OP he us should just learn the MU. I mean, why should fox mains learn the MU of jank characters when they can just ***** about how unfair they are and then look like hypocrites when they say everyone ******** about fox just needs to learn the MU instead of whining?

...I really am a sarcastic **** after all.

Last edited:

Beets

Smash Apprentice
I really really really miss old Zelda. PM Zelda felt like a new incarnation of the character, and I loved it. She had a playstyle about restricting opponent's options rather than having many of her own, which was cool. Now I feel like I'm just playing buffed Melee Zelda with a boomerang. :/
How is it even possible that you are the only person to think this (besides myself).

Zelda in 3.02 was Testament and now she's like, not. It was cool to have a Guilty Gear character in Smash.

Beets

Smash Apprentice
How is it even possible that you are the only person to think this (besides myself).

Zelda in 3.02 was Testament and now she's like, not. It was cool to have a Guilty Gear character in Smash.

4tlas

Smash Lord

Don't think I'm the only one to think it. I think about half of the Zelda players feel this way, maybe more. They just don't seem to visit GD all that much.

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
Y'know when you put it that way it occurs to me that 3.5 Zelda is kinda like Bridget then. But I actually play Bridget despite not liking 3.5 Zelda, so IDK.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
Nah. 3.5 Roy's pretty legit
He was still better in 3.02.
But, ironically I'd rather bring back 3.02 Roy, I know people don't really want to hear your main. But I just loved how he functioned back in 3.02, but I wasn't so great with him back then, so having him back now after I've refined my skills would just be amazing.

Top Bottom