• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you could edit anything about Jiggz, what'd it be?

JIGGALOO!!

Smash Rookie
NNID
bubsyinclaws
it can be alt costumes, gameplay, moveset or anything else. i'd change Jiggz' floatyness, i feel that Jiggz is too floaty, but then again, Jiggz is pure balloon after all.

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
I would change one of her specials to be a command grab she can use while airborne. Then she wouldn't be completely predictable when approaching while approaching in the air. As she's designed to approach in the air, she needs to have more than one option in order to be viable.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Give her the ability to hog the ledge. Just her.

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
Give her the ability to hog the ledge. Just her.
This or fix her shield so it doesn't cause her to KO upon breaking. It was funny the first few games but in a roster of 50 characters, 2-3 of which are lightweight and deserve the Shield Break KO as much as Jiggs, it needs to be removed.

c4ll me co4ch

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4227-4093-1228
I'd just like a throw to combo into rest, even if it means the puff player has to follow the opponent's DI. It solves one of her biggest weaknesses (not having an easy kill option beyond bair) and could probably move her multiple tiers up IMO

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I would fix that so her jab do still same damage, but its Jab-lockable at any given %
or that one of her throws have either a proper follow up/kill move like DThrow -> Rest or BThrow Kills
or her UAir can chain into itself or into rest and that the UAir makes the opponent go into hurt falling animation instead for it just got a hit
This or fix her shield so it doesn't cause her to KO upon breaking. It was funny the first few games but in a roster of 50 characters, 2-3 of which are lightweight and deserve the Shield Break KO as much as Jiggs, it needs to be removed.
its sadly intended (cause you know, you are popping a ballon)

Last edited:

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
Well in that case, what about kirby? the puffball deserves it just as much as jiggs.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Make up throw a KO option, drastically reduce or increase forward throw's knockback, either make down air like Kirby's or give it less ending lag, give up air, jab, and all tilts more range, make her smash attacks good, make Sing's animation faster, replace Rollout with Moon Blast, and give her her crown and headband back. Boom, instant S-tier Jigglypuff.
Well in that case, what about kirby? the puffball deserves it just as much as jiggs.
Kirby is a puffball, Jigglypuff is a balloon, balloons pop.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
@ MarioMeteor MarioMeteor I agree everything you said expect for
replace Rollout with Moon Blast
she cant learn moon blast. Wigglytuff can learn Play Rough and she can learn dazzling gleam but those are the only stronk fairy type moves.

however, I would love to see "disarming voice" as a attack for her. with a "projectile type move" shape as either a Heart or a music note thats semi homing, fast and has small knockback (like falcos laser/ marios fireball)

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
@ MarioMeteor MarioMeteor I agree everything you said expect for

she cant learn moon blast. Wigglytuff can learn Play Rough and she can learn dazzling gleam but those are the only stronk fairy type moves.

however, I would love to see "disarming voice" as a attack for her. with a "projectile type move" shape as either a Heart or a music note thats semi homing, fast and has small knockback (like falcos laser/ marios fireball)
Pikachu can't learn Skull Bash. Consistency doesn't exist in the Smash universe. If you're really a stickler for the kinda stuff, then give her Fire Blast instead. Which, by the way, I still have how no idea on how that works. Fairy Balloon = Fire? What?

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
If I could change one thing, I'd make Sing useful for once by allowing one to "Charge" it to increase it's range and/or lob it as a projectile. Tis sad such a iconic part of her character is currently useless.

Mizzy Moe

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3883-6486-6414
i would replace rollout with literally anything i hate that move so much :c

as for the shield popping balloon i dont find that too much of a problem as long as you pay attention to habits in the opponent (if its a marth lucina aka shield breaker)

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Why did they feel the need to nerf Rollout? Did they think it was a good move before?

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Pikachu can't learn Skull Bash. Consistency doesn't exist in the Smash universe. If you're really a stickler for the kinda stuff, then give her Fire Blast instead. Which, by the way, I still have how no idea on how that works. Fairy Balloon = Fire? What?
actually, Skull Bash is a TM move from Gen1 which pikachu could learn. the TM was TM40.
same with Mewtwos Teleport which is also a TM move from Gen1. that TM is TM30
dont forget that Melee was created when Both Gen1 and Gen2 was active

Burruni

Smash Hero
1) Roll-out can be jump canceled. :4sonic:It's only fair.
2) Up-Throw's knockback is reduced so you could actually get rests of it.
3) Make Jab be able to jab-lock (Double-Slap hit 5 time(s)!!)

Edit: ...And the Crown & Bandana to return from Melee. Best costumes.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
And make her sparkle. She's a fairy, for ****'s sakes! She needs to sparkle. It's not enough that she's mindmeltingly cute, she needs to look fabulous while being cute.

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
1. Remove Rollout and replace it with another Fairy move.
2. Make sing have more use. Maybe reduce the giant lag on it, or make your opponents count sheep longer.
1) Roll-out can be jump canceled. :4sonic:It's only fair.
2) Up-Throw's knockback is reduced so you could actually get rests of it.
3) Make Jab be able to jab-lock (Double-Slap hit 5 time(s)!!)

Edit: ...And the Crown & Bandana to return from Melee. Best costumes.
Eh. I don't know about #2. Getting rests, even with followed DI, might be a bit too much. That's why we have Leaping Rest.
But I can understand your point.

Burruni

Smash Hero
1. Remove Rollout and replace it with another Fairy move.
2. Make sing have more use. Maybe reduce the giant lag on it, or make your opponents count sheep longer.

Eh. I don't know about #2. Getting rests, even with followed DI, might be a bit too much. That's why we have Leaping Rest.
But I can understand your point.
Melee Up-Throw. That's my counter-argument.
It isn't something new. Just having enough height off it that it's still a okay throw to combo off of, but one that you CAN but are not GUARANTEED to get rests off of.
That's what I'm trying to restore.

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
It isn't something new. Just having enough height off it that it's still a okay throw to combo off of, but one that you CAN but are not GUARANTEED to get rests off of.
I see!

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I would say a better idea would be to increase the knockback on up throw so that it's like, slightly stronger than Marth's, then decrease the knockback on down throw so it can combo. That way she has a reliable and safe KO option and a combo set-up, two things she lacks and needs. FYI, the up throw to Rest set-up only worked on Team Star Fox.
Really, all I'm asking is that they make Jiggly's ground game less horrid. I get that they were trying to have it contrast her spectacular air game, but when you're the lightest character in the game with the shortest range, it doesn't work. For once in my life, I think Melee did it perfect. Her smash attacks weren't bad, she had combos into Rest, and she had a throw that could KO. Although her tilts were horrible. I feel like Jigglypuff isn't extreme enough in this game. She's supposed to be a character of extremes, with the ground and air balance, but it's askew. It doesn't balance. That's why Mac's as bad as he is. Her ground game is too abysmal to excuse her air game, which really isn't as good as it should be. Why is Yoshi faster than her in the air? I mean, she's a balloon, for ****'s sakes! The air is her natural territory. I guess you could say, she prefers the air.

The Eggplantwizard

Smash Rookie
Give Jigg's more options in the air if it's going to be an air based fighter, faster auto canceling and more combo potential.
or
Give Jigg's a better ground game and specials, rollout and sing are down right useless in most situations. Jigg's also has very little range and pretty situational up tilt that doesn't combo into it self like many other character's up tilts.

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
replace rollout with a fairy move, as has been said

Make shield break not auto-KO. it should be like missing a rest- you're probably dead, but not guaranteed to be.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I wish her neutral b was moonblast, a big slow weak projectile.
Why weak? You'd think it would be pretty strong. Like Robin's Arcfire+. Also, wouldn't it be hilarious if she fired it from her hair curl? That's another thing: that hair curl. Why doesn't she slap people with it? As much as Jigglypuff ***** smacks people, you'd think she would do it a lot.

Last edited:

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Why weak? You'd think it would be pretty strong. Like Robin's Arcfire+. Also, wouldn't it be hilarious if she fired it from her hair curl? That's another thing: that hair curl. Why doesn't she slap people with it? As much as Jigglypuff ***** smacks people, you'd think she would do it a lot.
If it is big and slow, I want it to be weak. It's better for combos and such, I think it would be better in general

edit: oops double post :/

sorry mods dont ban me plz

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
If it is big and slow, I want it to be weak. It's better for combos and such, I think it would be better in general

edit: oops double post :/

sorry mods dont ban me plz
The Mod Squad will hunt you down...
Anyway, a projectile that can combo? That'd be unorthodox. I think it would help more if Jigglypuff had a solid KO option that was simultaneously a projectile, two things she badly needs.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
srsly? You main mario and luigi -_-
And Doc. Why does no one include Doc?
You have a point, but Fireballs are small and fast, what you're describing is slow and big. Unless you want something like Rosalina's Floaty Star Bit?

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
best example I can give of this is the bullet sun salutation.
Which is pretty much Floaty Star Bit, but blue. But yeah, I see what you mean. It could be interesting, things like Moon Blast to Rest or some crazy **** like that. Although, I still like the idea of something like Arcfire+ better.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
And I forgot, change Pound back to how it was in Brawl, so you can actually do Rising Pound again.

Top Bottom