• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If You Could Bring One Stage from SSB N64, Which Would it Be?

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
In all honesty I would love to see them all again. However, Dreamland and Hyrule Castle take my top picks.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Hyrule Castle and Dreamland. What they also should do is bring some of the music from the games to the newer ones. I miss N64 FD's track.

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
Meta Crystal. I'd rock that stage as hard I do in PM if Metal Mario's theme was included.

SuperSmashDrake

Smash Cadet
NNID
SuperSmashDrake
3DS FC
4811-7419-2384
In the following order:
-Sector Z (All time favorite Star Fox stage)
-Meta Crystal
-Saffron City
-Hyrule Castle
-Final Destination (I really liked the design)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hyrule Castle by a mile. It's single-handedly my most played stage in Smash 64.

Rajikaru

Smash Journeyman
For any map in the game available, Meta Crystal, probably the stage with the most potential to never be seen again.

Otherwise probably either Dreamland because of how simple yet unique it is or Mushroom Kingdom for the warp pipe gimmick.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
To be honest I liked all of them EXCEPT for Kongo Jungle (I suppose Zebes was pretty bland too).
My vote goes for Dreamland because I love Gourmet Race and all variations of it.

Arti

Smash Cadet
NNID
Arti31415
3DS FC
2621-3001-2960
Hyrule Castle.

Kinda makes me wonder. Would it be banned in tournaments in SSB4?

HSmileyFace

Smash Rookie
For a second I was wondering why Kongo Jungle wasn't on your list, then I remembered that it was already in the game. I then slapped myself multiple times in the face for being to stupid.

But in all seriousness, I would probs pick saffron city or Hyrule castle, just like everyone else...

D

Deleted member

No love for Kirby Beta Stage 2 and its invisible platform?

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
Hyrule Castle seems a popular fit and I can see why. A varied level which would also translate well to 8 player smash which would be fun (Not that I play it much, but imagine 4v4 on that stage in a tournament cx).

Saffron City holds a place in my heart. The layout was a bit wishy washy but it always lead to madness, and the Pokemon kept it fun too.

And after seeing a HD retexture of it, Yoshi Story's level would be great to see. It was fun to play on and would look really vibrant on Sm4sh.

Drakester234

Smash Rookie
I would love seeing Hyrule Castle again and maybe Dream Land. Other than that, most of the stages got successors like Metal Mario to Battlefield, Sector Z to Corneria. Saffron City is cool, but I don't really mind if it doesn't come back.

PF9

Smash Lord
Saffron City. It was my main's home stage in the original Smash (and in the Pokemon anime, the setting for an unpleasant situation for him).

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
If I had to pick juuuuust one, Metal Mario's Stage wins. If I had to pick just one VS mode stage, Dream Land. But having both plus Hyrule Castle and Saffron City would be perfect

AppleCracker

Smash Apprentice
Hmm.... Saffron City would be good if they changed it up a little... Eh, The Yoshi's Story stage wins it for me! I remember how much fun me and my brother had on that stage!

(Off topic but I'm using this website on the Wii U and it is VERY fast and easy to use! Much better than my iPad)

CCTANK93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CCTANK93
3DS FC
4296-3062-4792
Hyrule Castle all the way. I miss the tornados and the side tower that let you build up some crazy damage. One of my favorite stages ever

MoHarp

Smashin' Bass Guitars
NNID
MoHarp
Switch FC
SW 3796 8060 8415
I'd like to see the N64 version of Battlefield. The one where you fight the Fighting Polygon Team. Trippy background maaaannn...
Also, the N64 version of Final Destination would be amazing... If they kept the flying particle effects and made everything with more detail, it would be hands down, my favorite FD.

On another note though, as far as the regular multiplayer stages go, I'd pick Hyrule Castle of course. Just maaayyyybeee disable the tornado hazard though. I know, I know, that's the way it was originally made, which is what would make it more classic. But, heh, you know... :p

Neerb

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3308-4587-7068
I'm kinda torn here.

1. Hyrule Castle would probably add the most variety, could be 8-player friendly, and would be a fairly big plus from the Smash History aspect, as Link was the first opponent in N64 Classic and therefore Hyrule Castle is the series "first stage" in a way.
2. Saffron City is also a fairly unique stage and has been one of the most requested stages over the past couple years, and I definitely remember it being one of my favorites on the actual N64.
3. Dreamland was probably my favorite stage in N64 or Melee, for its simplicity and its wonderful theme. I also think it would be a great fit thematically, as the current Kirby stages (Great Cave and Halberd for Wii U and Gameboy for 3DS) don't really capture the overall spirit of the Kirby franchise like Dreamland does. HOWEVER, the fact that it's so similar to Battlefield and was already in Melee is a bit of a minus, as I'd prefer the uniqueness that Hyrule and Saffron could offer.

MrGame&Rock

Smash Ace
NNID
SpenstarHD
I'm kinda torn here.

1. Hyrule Castle would probably add the most variety, could be 8-player friendly, and would be a fairly big plus from the Smash History aspect, as Link was the first opponent in N64 Classic and therefore Hyrule Castle is the series "first stage" in a way.
2. Saffron City is also a fairly unique stage and has been one of the most requested stages over the past couple years, and I definitely remember it being one of my favorites on the actual N64.
3. Dreamland was probably my favorite stage in N64 or Melee, for its simplicity and its wonderful theme. I also think it would be a great fit thematically, as the current Kirby stages (Great Cave and Halberd for Wii U and Gameboy for 3DS) don't really capture the overall spirit of the Kirby franchise like Dreamland does. HOWEVER, the fact that it's so similar to Battlefield and was already in Melee is a bit of a minus, as I'd prefer the uniqueness that Hyrule and Saffron could offer.
Of all the BF clones, Dreamland is the one most viable to be brought back. It has a lot of room to move around underneath the platforms, which other BF like stages lack, and has wide blastzones and a high ceiling. In Melee I would joke about FoD and Yoshi's Story being pointless BF clones to make BF special/unlockable, and the stagelist being half BF half everything else, but Dreamland does enough different (IMO) to be considered its own thing.

kirbzpuff

Smash Cadet
NNID
pikaxluigi24
Saffron City, Hyrule Castle, or Peach's Castle (switch with Brawl's Mario Circuit)

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Mushroom Kingdom because warp pipe gimmick, piranha plants, and pow blocks floating in the air.

SuaveChaser

Smash Journeyman
FD the n64 design is still the best imo and that dope theme that never got remixed T^T.

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
Saffron City, if I remember correctly it is the only stage I ever played in Smash 64.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I am torn between Peach's Castle, Hyrule Castle, Yoshi's Island, and Saffron City. I really like them the best.

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452
Metal Cavern

visvim

Smash Apprentice
NNID
visvim-1893
3DS FC
1736-0405-5625
Saffron and Castle put me in total nostalgia mode, but Dreamland is the best candidate.

Leety

Smash Cadet
NNID
Leety01
3DS FC
1993-8239-5899
Saffron City! One of my favorite stages from the Smash series period =D

Top Bottom