• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

if you could add one move?

mark.

Smash Journeyman
what if samus had FOX's shine. that would be quite interesting.

or, something what would end up in her shorthopping well.

edit- darn, cra$hman beat me to it. umm, what about peachs forward throw? she could have some new killer move (samus in mind :D)

CQue tHe Sunn

Smash Journeyman
mark: if samus had fox's shine... a really strange thought. idk if it'd be good or bad, cuz samus is really floaty but then again her recovery is rediculous so she could jump out farther to shine them and still survive. while as interesting as it is, its unrealistic.

Respawn: friggin sweet ideas there man. props. youve done some thinking. but you see the thing is; some of those are unrealistic. not because the moves would be too good or anything, youve showed me that you at least think about the reality of the moves you think up actually making it into brawl. but the thing with the changing of the shots and flicking a stick in a different direction while charging and all that: that would be sooo much of a change in the game, they would have to do something of this nature to every character. and see that poses a problem because many characters do not have much to add (such as capt falcon, fox, and falco whose moves have almost entirely (for falcon completely) been made up in super smash bros melee and not their own games. (if you think about it, falcon had no fighting moves, he drive a car. similar to fox and falco who flew ships)

this isnt to say that i dont like your ideas. i love em :) its just a little much. but the ideas you had for throws were spectacular on the other hand, i can see them in my head now and im loving the view.

but.. there is one thing that i think might make your dreams come true for these moves. i have read somewhere that brawl may contain multiple special (b) moves that can be interchangable for each character. some of the shots may be included. my personal opinion on this new feature? its hard to say. ill have to wait and see, it might change the whole smash game entirely but maybe not. i definately like the thought though.

oh yeah, and change samus' friggin roll!! and her usmash. oh and don't forget that roll!!

Echo

Smash Champion
samus doesnt need another move... she needs to be faster.

but if there were to be one move to add... it would be marths fsmash.

yorpy

Smash Journeyman
^^yeah, that would help, but her current Fsmash is pretty awesome.

Blue_Requiem

Smash Cadet
I would definitely add a morph ball mode...Where you actually get to move around in the ball not just as a dodge roll.

Respawn

Smash Journeyman
In the shadows. Or NE Ohio. Whichever sounds bette
Respawn: friggin sweet ideas there man. props. youve done some thinking. but you see the thing is; some of those are unrealistic. not because the moves would be too good or anything, youve showed me that you at least think about the reality of the moves you think up actually making it into brawl. but the thing with the changing of the shots and flicking a stick in a different direction while charging and all that: that would be sooo much of a change in the game, they would have to do something of this nature to every character. and see that poses a problem because many characters do not have much to add (such as capt falcon, fox, and falco whose moves have almost entirely (for falcon completely) been made up in super smash bros melee and not their own games. (if you think about it, falcon had no fighting moves, he drive a car. similar to fox and falco who flew ships)

this isnt to say that i dont like your ideas. i love em :) its just a little much. but the ideas you had for throws were spectacular on the other hand, i can see them in my head now and im loving the view.

but.. there is one thing that i think might make your dreams come true for these moves. i have read somewhere that brawl may contain multiple special (b) moves that can be interchangable for each character. some of the shots may be included. my personal opinion on this new feature? its hard to say. ill have to wait and see, it might change the whole smash game entirely but maybe not. i definately like the thought though.
I see what you mean, and after I had posted that, that actually crossed my mind. While I love my ideas (not one to gloat...) I doubt that any of them will ever come to fruition. I can still take pride in the fact that people like them, though.

Rumors. Maybe, maybe not. I guess we'll have to wait to find out exactly what comes out. We can't shoot too high though, gotta be glad with what we get. Either way, it's guaranteed to be a great game. Here's hoping.

SilverDraco134

Smash Cadet
Give her the Spring Ball. Then she can jump in her ball form and avoid her foes easier. Or maybe upgrade her roll to the Turbo Ball (that one from Prime). Make her roll faster.

CQue tHe Sunn

Smash Journeyman
i know this is really late and i'm posting here way out of date. but i wanted to apologize because i remembered posting about interchangable moves in brawl and reading it somewhere... sorry. this will sound really stupid, but i'm pretty sure i dreamt it. :laugh: funny. but i apologize if this started some gay rumour which i doubt it did. :043:

Undefined

Smash Apprentice
I would definately add some sort of super wavedash
if i was good enough at computers id create a program that would hack this board to give infinite +rep to you because you have the best name i've ever seen on here. WIN.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
More Projectiles:

Super Missile
Need I say more? Much like the Charge shot, this can be stored. Possibilty to allow beam switches and have missile combos lead from this. Weakness: Horrible start-up lag. Similar to the charge shot.

Wave beam missile combo (Metroid Prime)
Attacks from a distance of about 5-10 meters. Follows opponent up to 30 degrees above or below Samus. Weakness: 30 degree limit allows opponents to jump over this attack. Like Bowser's flames, this decays over time, so it cannot be held for too long. Much shorter, due to the fact that it would attach to your opponent.

Ice Beam missile combo (Metroid Prime)
Freezes opponent for a short time, much like the IC. Weakness: Power decays over distances, so long distance shots do not freeze the opponent for very long. Slow moving (not too slow as to be useless).

Plasma beam missile combo (Metroid Prime)
Shoots out a short, flamethrower in front of Samus. Similar to Bowser's flames, but parallel to the ground. Weaknesses: Just look at Bowser's flames. Decays over time.

I've also thought about some of the things from Metroid Prime 2, but as of right now, it just over complicates things. For another day, perhaps.
That black hole thing with the Dark Beam missile combo would be cool, though. But way too overpowering.
Of these, I think Super Missiles are best. Mostly because I think multiple beam types is too disruptive to the way the game is played. I like to think that a missile while Samus is charged would be a super missile, but lose the charge shot.

More importantly, I'd like to see Samus' charge shot more resemble the rapid-fire nature of the shot from the Metroid games, maybe alter the control scheme to have charge shot operations be more like the super scope.

One thing I'd like, mostly because I'm tired of having to find shortcuts to shorthopping, is a somewhat longer jump animation. Maybe I'm alone, but I feel like the amount of time I have to shorthop is abysmally short, and most of the time when I try to, I end up performing a full jump, which makes it hard for me to play.

Kick

Smash Apprentice
give samus a 1,2,3 combo with the jab. i cant recall all the countless times someone interrupted me from jab to swat or to ftilt. adding the second jab would allow enough time to stun them again and come in for a ftilt or w.e.

Corigames

Smash Hero
To be able to walk around while charging. I.E. any metroid game ever made. If not that, then have shinesparking thrown in there. Run a while, boost up to full speed, then turn around and destroy anything in your way like ness after the PK thunder hit. Those are my two choices.

Top Bottom