• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Smash Wars 2008 If you can't find your pool, post here

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Also, if you are in a different pool than the one listed in the master lists, let us know

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
We're on it

Edit: Yep, we're missing the great state of Minnesota. M3D has the full excel file, so as soon as I get ahold of him, we'll let you guys know what pools you are in.

Sorry for the delay.

scarykid78

Smash Journeyman
I have a question regarding pools. Do we just play everyone in our pool once or what?
When I say once i mean the best 3 of 5 thing

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
You play everyone in your pool in a best of 5 set. So, first person to win 3 matches, wins.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Obviously we won't DQ you for our mistake :)

I'm trying to get it resolved tonight. If for whatever reason I cannot, you will have an extension.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Good news! I found Minnesota. It turns out it's located somewhere between Canada and Iowa.

So, y'all exist.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Ok, here are all of the entries I have for MN:

Chumlord
Volke
-NaPPy
Khaijiao
kshat28
Ares_Omega
S0KZ
LaFaldaGunner
RAZE
I_R_Hungry
NDFightingIrish
Nick_44
annoying1359
alex3
wazgood
mkna1311
Va3H
FenderStrat
SonicLucario
JohnnieStag

swim2007

Smash Apprentice
probably a stupid question but what does double-blind character selections mean???

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
It's irrelevant for online play. It means you choose your character without your opponent knowing your choice.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
If you read the rules in ur pool thread you'd find out, it's when neither you nor your opponent knows who their opponent is going to pick, because in regular tournies their are counter picks, over here there aren't you can just pick without telling your opponent.

Gj ****** me to the post scav. But it isn't irrelevant for online play, you can tell your opponent through an IM or a chat room before the match starts, which is what we do on allisbrawl.com.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
That works too ;) but unless that's defined specifically, such as through advanced slob picks, then it is somewhat assumed.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Ok, Minnesota is fully in ;)

MN MW 32 Chumlord
MN MW 31 Volke
MN MW 30 -NaPPy
MN MW 29 Khaijiao
MN MW 28 kshat28
MN MW 27 Ares_Omega
MN MW 26 S0KZ
MN MW 25 LaFaldaGunner
MN MW 24 RAZE
MN MW 23 I_R_Hungry
MN MW 22 NDFightingIrish
MN MW 21 Nick_44
MN MW 20 annoying1359
MN MW 19 alex3
MN MW 18 wazgood
MN MW 17 mkna1311
MN MW 16 Va3H
MN MW 15 FenderStrat
MN MW 14 SonicLucario
MN MW 13 JohnnieStag

sasquatch1

Smash Cadet
i also noticed michigan was missing and i was wondering how this is set up is it 3 stock? cuz ive noticed that lasts just about as long as a melle 4 stock

swim2007

Smash Apprentice
for all who want to know specific rules: (copied from the first post of each pool)

PROCEDURE:

All participants must post their friend code in this thread by 2:00 Eastern tomorrow. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.

As soon as pools are posted, you may start contacting people to play your matches. We recommend email, aim, private messaging, the Wifi Wars chat, Smashboards chat, and the Smashboards matchfinder.

We highly recommend being connected via chat, skype, aim or other real-time messager to your opponent.

ALL MATCHES ARE TO BE COMPLETED BY 10PM EASTERN TIME.

Judges and referees will be on hand from 12:00pm-10pm Eastern. You may start playing prior to noon, Sat 3/29, but refs will not be on hand to handle any disputes.

Lag:
If a match lags, you will have to play through it. Lag is expected in online play, in particular in brawl. Like randomness in poker, it is something you will need to play around.

If a match lags out, you will have to replay it.

REPORTING MATCHES:
When you finish a match, post in your pool's thread the results.

Losers of matches are strongly encouraged to report their own results. We will accept winners reporting, but losers have better validity.

We recommend taking a digital picture of the victory screen if you foresee a dispute. If the match is under 3 minutes, you can use Brawl's built in save feature.

A thread will list active referee for a particular region. If you have a dispute, contact them.

Your result will be reflected in the first post by a regional referee. If you do not see it posted within an hour, please contact a ref to make sure it gets counted.

IF YOU DO NOT PLAY ALL OF YOUR MATCHES:
All unplayed matches will be counted as a loss. Do not leave matches until the last minute, or you might find yourself unable to complete them.

It is recommended that you save drafts and histories of any pms, emails and ims that you send. If, after the deadline, you can prove that you made an effort to contact an opponent who did not respond, you will receive a victory. You will have to prove that you made multiple efforts and made yourself available.

Again, disputes should be directed to the referees listed in the stickied topic.

PROGRESSION:
To advance to day 2 (double elimination), you must be one of the top 2 players from your pool.

Only the top 2 will advance.

However, if you lose any (or all) of your matches, you are not "eliminated." All participants are encouraged to play as many of their pool matches as they wish. After all, this is for fun. Make some friends, get some friend codes, and learn some new tricks.

If you choose to drop out: POST IN YOUR POOL'S THREAD. If you drop out, everyone who you have not played will receive a W. Those whom you have beaten will still receive Ls.

RULES:

Singles - Rules
1v1 Battle
No Spectators (except referees, if necessary) allowed
Best 3 out of 5 matches (first to win three matches wins)
2 Stock
No time limit/sudden death
Items: OFF (includes Smash Balls)
Character Selection: Always double-blind

Stage Selection
In each battle, both players will select a preferred stage from the list of legal options. The game will then choose the stage based on those selections.

Legal Stages
Battlefield
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium
Pokemon Stadium 2
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Distant Planet
Battleship Halberd
Bridge of Eldin
Pirate Ship
Norfair
Brinstar
Corneria
Green Greens
Rainbow Cruise
Skyworld
Pictochat
Electroplankton
Shadow Moses Island
Castle Seige
Green Hill Zone
Mario Circuit
Luigi's Mansion
Onett

Banned Stages
Mushroomy Kingdom
Rumble Falls
Donkey Kong 75m
Spear Pillar
Port Town Aero Dive
Wario Ware
The Summit
Mario Bros.
New Pork City
Flat Zone 2
Temple
Big Blue
Jungle Japes

Stalling:
Excessive stalling is defined as using any glitch or tactic to make your character completely untouchable by an opponent for an excessive amount of time. Using such tactics will result in a match forfeit. Players must submit video evidence to demonstrate that this rule has been violated for the referee to rule in their favor. Also, please note that running away within the normal bounds play or camping ledges does not constitute stalling.

Lag:
No Johns. Lag is not an acceptable excuse for quitting out of a game. A player that quits out during gameplay without the permission of a referee will automatically forfeit that game. Video evidence must be submitted to a referee to prove that this rule has been broken for the forfeit to go into effect. Without video proof, players must complete the match.

Video:
All players are encouraged to record every single match and save those files until the opponent has properly reported the results. Video files can be used as proof in the event that an opponent cheats or lies.

Referees:
Referee contact information will be posted with each pool. Players should only contact referees in the case of a rule violation and they must present video evidence in this instance. Any disrespect or harassing of referees will not be tolerated and will result in disqualification. Referee rulings are final.

Most of all:

HAVE FUN

Top Bottom