• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you can Ken Combo well, I have a question for you

Shadoninja

Smash Cadet
1) Does PPMD or PewPewU ken combo with the c stick?
2) Do you ken combo with the c stick? A? Z?

AudioSilver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-7513-8784
I always use the A button for all my aerials, unless I'm using a retreating aerial.

(I Ken Combo all the time.)

Last edited:

meebius

Smash Apprentice
The risk with using A for your aerials is that you might fast fall and end up too deep to recover back

PlamZ

Smash Cadet
I use A for the raising down air, but use the C-stick for the Fair/double fair.

meebius

Smash Apprentice
What's wrong with using z for aerials?
There's nothing wrong with it. It's just that not a lot of people use that method. You'd still have problems with accidentally fast falling using z for aerials. Hungrybox himself uses Z for all his aerials if that matters

Last edited:

rivers

Smash Cadet
I usually use the C-stick.

I always use Z for nairs though, and I'm not entirely sure why. I guess I just find it comfortable.

dahuterschuter

Smash Journeyman
I can't speak for PP but I use the A button for the fair and pretty much always C-stick dair in all situations.

Clint Jaguar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClintJaguar
I mostly use A since it's easier to do aerials right out of a double jump, making Ken combos (and other stuff) easier. I will only use the c-stick when my down air doesn't require a jump and I don't want to fast fall.

Outside of Ken combos, I will use the c-stick for quick smash attacks, performing back airs while moving forward and performing short hop up airs.

MarthZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NESman1995
most of the time the c stick lags with the dair after the fair so i usually use A but when I'm in a double jump situation c stick is better

Top Bottom