• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you are hit

Victory.IsMyDestinySSB4

Smash Journeyman
When you are hit in smash bros, you enter hitstun, then the tumble state. You can tech out of tumble, but I almost always throw out a move, or airdodge so I don't have to tech, and I land with little lag. This is generally when I am hit with little knockback onstage. Is this a bad idea?

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
I do that very same thing, which is air dodge, no attacking. I try not to get into a situation where I must tech 'cause here in Sm4sh it's very easy to miss a tech. I prefer to midair jump if at all possible.

Yeah...not always a great idea to air dodge during tumbling since y'all suffer **** landing lag if you were near ground level. Some aerial attacks can work if their landing recovery is good (i.e. :4link:'s n-air, :4falcon:'s up-air, etc.). Hey, even if y'all miss the tech, what's it matter if the opponent has knocked you too far to capitalize on it?

Victory.IsMyDestinySSB4

Smash Journeyman
I do that very same thing, which is air dodge, no attacking. I try not to get into a situation where I must tech 'cause here in Sm4sh it's very easy to miss a tech. I prefer to midair jump if at all possible.

Yeah...not always a great idea to air dodge during tumbling since y'all suffer **** landing lag if you were near ground level. Some aerial attacks can work if their landing recovery is good (i.e. :4link:'s n-air, :4falcon:'s up-air, etc.). Hey, even if y'all miss the tech, what's it matter if the opponent has knocked you too far to capitalize on it?
MK's fair landing lag is almost nonexistant, and is a good spacing tool, so it is a good landing option in my opinion.

GLORY12HOUND

Smash Cadet
U should not just throw out moves and jumps, though. Exspiccilly air dodge. Because if u have landing lag u can get heavily punished. As for MK f-air it can be baited and punished for example.... An ike lands a d-tilt which pops u up in the air. Now say u have been throwing out f-air whenever u are hit, the ike might (should have) noticed that that is your main habit so... they can dash forward slightly and shield the f-air. Then shield grab and get a guaranteed 20%. OR could perfect pivot f-smash which will beat out your f-air because it has a big disjoint and TONS of priority.

Top Bottom