• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

if up special is mainly just a tether recovery...

Weruop

Smash Ace
what does his up special do on GROUND!?

any ideas

(also, im said they put in no word on the move u use in pikmin and pikmin 2 with the C stick, where you command the pikmin around u and they atk anything that comes near until u releaser hold of the c stick, and they run back to their spots)

and what will it do if you hop and up b and u land on ground but pikmin are still latching on to one another.

or if the end pikmin hits a character while everyone is in the air.

or if the end pikmin hits a charcter standing on the edge of the platform that olimar is reaching for...

:psycho:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think he just whips the enemy, I think that's what Ivysaur does with Vine Whip

Drgnfiv

Smash Rookie
Wow, another tether recovery... That means P&O along with Zamus and Ivysaur. I actually think that it is sort of an interesting concept since its length is dependent on the number of Pikmin. Also, I can't really think of any other Up B move that he would be able to use. I hope that the variable length doesn't affect how good of a character he is going to be.

Cranberry Rogue

Smash Journeyman
I love the idea of grappling people that are above you. Just think of the mindgames that you could pull off if this actually worked. If you were able to snag airborn enemies back onto the stage, you'd be able to keep them from attacking you from above, since you wouldn't directly be in harms way by attacking with the Pikmin. You'd be able to constantly keep them guessing; is he going to try and grapple me, or will he jump up and attack me directly?

Cranberry Rogue

Smash Journeyman
I was just thinking again about this question after looking at one of Matt's posts from another thread. While I don't see the Pikmin throwing Olimar upwards, I could definitely see him stacking them up and climbing on them like a ladder, then jumping off of them for a little extra boost afterwards. I could also see this working while in the air. Say your grapple fails and doesn't hook onto the edge; Olimar could begin rapidly climbing up them as they all slowly begin to fall and make that last leap of faith once he gets to the top. Naturally, you'd lose all of those Pikmin, but at least you recovered. :p

I don't know, just a thought.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Well, if the Up+B hitting another player brings the player to you, then hitting them while they're guarding the edge can at least bring the stock to an even count with a Kill/Suicide.
And if dragging them down brings you up, thats all the better.
-DD

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Actually, Roy has the worst.

Luigi's is one of the best. What are you talking about, dude? xD
I've always thought Mewtwo had the best recovery, despite of its poor tier spot.

Anyway, tether recoveries have to hit their mark, or else you're toast. In Olimar's case, he needs 6 Pikmin if he ever wants to make successful recoveries.

Gary

Smash Apprentice
I think it'd be cool if you get pulled up to an opponent if you hit them with an up-b. Or maybe you'd latch onto them and be able to jump up like Link / Samus' tether recovery in Melee?

Talking Curtain

Smash Cadet
I was just thinking again about this question after looking at one of Matt's posts from another thread. While I don't see the Pikmin throwing Olimar upwards, I could definitely see him stacking them up and climbing on them like a ladder, then jumping off of them for a little extra boost afterwards. I could also see this working while in the air. Say your grapple fails and doesn't hook onto the edge; Olimar could begin rapidly climbing up them as they all slowly begin to fall and make that last leap of faith once he gets to the top. Naturally, you'd lose all of those Pikmin, but at least you recovered. :p

That actually sounds Brilliant if you ask me! It pretty much solves any problem with not reaching the edge. And at the same time has an interesting dichotomy's to it. Save your life, but lose all your pikmin.
the only problem is, that how would the computer know if you wanted to latch onto the edge, or sacrifice for a ladder jump? Cause I don't think waiting to see if you made it is a good idea with such a time based event(falling to your death) happening.

Weruop

Smash Ace

IDEA.OF.THE.CENTURY.

Pyr0

Smash Ace

I am Pyr0, and I approve this message (or Idea w/e)

Top Bottom