• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If Undertale does come to Wii U/3DS would you like to see undertale character in smash?

NorJen

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2062-9209-3753
So recently I heard that Undertale might be comming to Wii U/3DS, I don't actually know how true this is as it may just be a big rumour, but still if it really is comming to Wii U/3DS then there is the possibility of characters from undertale being in the next smash game (even though its probably a long time off the next smash game). I mean undertale is probably one of my favourite games, and all of the characters have there own unique personalities, just like smash, so I feel as though Undertale characters would fit well in smash. Although, I would love to see my favourite undertale characters Sans and Papyrus in smash, it would be difficult to pull off a decent
move-set for them. I was wondering if any of you guys had any decent moves for the characters? I was thinking Sans final smash could be his get dunked on, but that is about all I could think of :/

So would you like to see undertale characters in smash? If so what characters from undertale and what could be there potential moveset.

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
No, no, no. Would anybody think that putting yet another third-party character in a Smash game, especially from a game as notoriously overhyped as Undertale, over characters like Snake, K.Rool, Wolf, Ridley or even Waluigi and Daisy, would be a good play on Nintendo's part?

Not even Shovel Knight is treated as a shoe-in for the next game, and he at least has a proper Amiibo.

GreenMonkey

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3411-4102-3196
Toby Fox has said that he wanted to port Undertale to Nintendo platforms, but the process would be a huge inconvenience since Game Maker Studio can't make games for Wii U/3DS. So in order for him to bring over UT, he would have to develop the whole game again, which I doubt will happen.

If it happens tho --- and the chances are very slim --- I wouldn't mind a few characters being included in Smash.
a game as notoriously overhyped as Undertale
I don't think it's overhyped~ Sure, the fanbase can definitely be out of hand at times, but I think Undertale still deserves every bit of praise it has received.

NorJen

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2062-9209-3753
Toby Fox has said that he wanted to port Undertale to Nintendo platforms, but the process would be a huge inconvenience since Game Maker Studio can't make games for Wii U/3DS. So in order for him to bring over UT, he would have to develop the whole game again, which I doubt will happen.

If it happens tho --- and the chances are very slim --- I wouldn't mind a few characters being included in Smash.

I don't think it's overhyped~ Sure, the fanbase can definitely be out of hand at times, but I think Undertale still deserves every bit of praise it has received.
ahh, but still even if it where to happen who would you like from it? also I agree with the fact undertale does deserve its praise but like you say the fanbase can be crazy

GreenMonkey

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3411-4102-3196
ahh, but still even if it where to happen who would you like from it?
Probably the major characters like Frisk, Chara, Flowey/Asriel, Toriel, Asgore, Papyrus, Sans, Undyne, and Alphys. Maybe even Mettaton, and have him transform between his robot and human shapes.

Questriolu

Smash Cadet
Might be unlikely, along with most other Indie characters in Smash Bros. Interesting in paper, but it might not be a good idea, as it would create quite the controversy, even if the Japanese audience is familiar with one of the Indie games.

Kritzkrieg

Smash Cadet
I've seen Sans in Freak Fortress, it is not pleasant. I don't think he will be in Smash either.

ZafKiel

Smash Apprentice
Smash DLC is supposedly over so don't even count on an Undertale character being added.

If we did somehow (miraculously) get one, it'd have to be the cool dude Papyrus. Final Smash is a date and spaghetti.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Papyrus. No one else is as deserving as the great Papyrus.

I will however say that adding another third-party character, especially from a would-be recently ported game, would create a lot of controversy. I'd still personally enjoy it, it just might not be a good move for them to do so.

I don't see any chance of it happening anyhow, but still....

Shiida

Smash Apprentice
i wouldn't mind if we just got frisk. but definitely not more than one

Weeatt

Smash Rookie
For right now, to my knowledge, I think Sm4sh has all it's DLC out and there probably won't be more. So the odds of new characters are probably close to none.

finalark

SNORLAX
Oh man, if Undertale got a character in Smash 4 or 5 the amount of resulting salt would be enough to turn the entire ocean into another Dead Sea.

Universe303

Smash Rookie
It's beautiful day outside

Foxes are shining
Jigglypuffs are resting

on days like these
characters like you...

S h o u l d b e b u r n i n g i n t h e l o w t i e r s

*You feel like you're going to be JV5'd

Last edited:

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
If we're going to have a third-party/Indie character I'd rather have someone like Quote/Shovel Knight/Shantae. As good of a game as Undertale is I can't see the characters really working for smash, while other indie characters can fit better due to the source material. Undertale has the whole pacifism theme going for it, which doesn't fit into smash at all.

Twewy

Smash Lord
third-party character in a Smash game, especially from a game as notoriously overhyped as Undertale, over characters like Snake
putting yet another third-party character in a Smash game
okay that is just funny

On topic, no. While I don't mind third parties and enjoy Undertale, if we get an indie character I want someone who has had more of an impact on indie games, such as Quote from Cave Story.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Even just looking at indies there's more significant characters that have been around longer... And I don't see much moveset potential either, though I haven't had a chance to play it yet. (Hoping the Nintendo port pans out.) On that note I've seen more people talk about how ill-suited for Smash an Undertale character would be then talking about moveset potential.

Like, I could see them stepping up their indie support in Smash and Undertale getting something as a result, but a full character even if you cut it down to "indie rep" is a stretch.

Twewy

Smash Lord
People who say Undertale wouldn't fit in Smash because of the game's encouraged pacifism obviously forgot we got Villager and Wii Fit Trainer.

FallenHero

Smash Ace
Undertale is already shoved in my face all the time everywhere on the internet to the point that the fanbase alone makes me want to never play it, so no I don't want it to happen.

FallenHero

Smash Ace
You could say that about every Nintendo franchise ever, especially Fire Emblem as of late, so yeah...
I main Marth, but I am not a FE fan. The only FE game I've played is Sacred Stones and I never beat it. I actually hate a lot of the FE fanbase too even before Awakening.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I main Marth, but I am not a FE fan. The only FE game I've played is Sacred Stones and I never beat it. I actually hate a lot of the FE fanbase too even before Awakening.
The point is that the fanbase is a pretty dumb reason to ignore a game. Honestly it comes off as an attempt to spite said fanbase, but really all it does is rob you of a potentially good game.

Like, I still haven't played it and don't care about it's overall fanbase either, but I'm still going to play it when I get the chance.

FallenHero

Smash Ace
The point is that the fanbase is a pretty dumb reason to ignore a game. Honestly it comes off as an attempt to spite said fanbase, but really all it does is rob you of a potentially good game.

Like, I still haven't played it and don't care about it's overall fanbase either, but I'm still going to play it when I get the chance.
The fanbase really did ruin it for me though. When it first came out I constantly heard from spoiler free reviews to just play the game and not even watch reviews at all until you play it yourself, though I watched it anyways it didn't really spoil anything other than early game stuff. The fanbase on the other hand is nearly impossible to avoid on the internet and they will talk about how amazing the game is even going as far as spoiling some major things about the game without warning. After a month of me finding out about the game, I already knew so much about the story that I really just didn't want to bother playing it anymore. It sucked because I was really wanting to play the game after seeing some people talk about it in a discord group, but it was damn near impossible to avoid the spoilers on any other place on the internet.

Twewy

Smash Lord
I remember being in your situation, I stopped talking in a Skype group for a while because they wouldn't be quiet about it and I wanted to avoid spoilers.

That being said, it is a nice little game, fanbase aside.

FallenHero

Smash Ace
I remember being in your situation, I stopped talking in a Skype group for a while because they wouldn't be quiet about it and I wanted to avoid spoilers.

That being said, it is a nice little game, fanbase aside.
I don't think it is a bad game at all. I've never played it, but from what I've seen and heard about the game it is pretty good, but the fact that it is a story based game makes me not want to play it because I already know like 90% of the story.

Top Bottom