• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If The Starting Roster Is The Original 12, Who Would You Start With and Why? (SSB4)

If The Starting Roster Is The Original 12, Who Would You Start With?

• Total voters

_Kun_

Smash Cadet
Personally, I don't know. But if I had to choose one, it would be Mario. Mario is that standard jack of all trades character with interesting tools at his disposal. I think he would help me adjust to the new game. How about you?

P.S - Sorry, if a thread like this was already made. If so, can someone please direct me to it?

Random UPDATE List -

UPDATE: Where are my DK's and Foxes @? I feel especially bad for Fox now. In brawl, I would mained Fox but my friend mains him so I don't want to make feel uncomfortable or bad if used him because he considers me better than him. But c'mon! My friend also uses DK too. However, why is there a lack of representation? Of course there are many variables for lack of representation such as people not seeing people this post and lurkers, etc, but once again I say : Where are my Dk's and Foxes @?!?!?!

UPDATE: We got Fox. How about that DK…

UPDATE: The Kongs have arrived!

UPDATE: Broke through to 2nd page of posts!

UPDATE: Captain Falcon takes a sweet spotted knee long lead with a clenched flaming FALCON PAWNCH! Too bad DK's punch can't live up to that with his one vote…

UPDATE: We broke through page 3!

UPDATE: Captain Falcon and Link are tied!!!

UPDATE: DK has 0.8% of the votes, poor DK :(

UPDATE: DK has 3 votes!

Last edited:

ShizChiz

Smash Apprentice
Luigi simply because he's been my main the last two games now.

& as someone who really likes unlocking characters and stuff, I would really enjoy getting the rest of those 35+ characters

Last edited:

_Kun_

Smash Cadet
Luigi simply because he's been my main the last two games now.

& as someone who really likes unlocking characters and stuff, I would really enjoy getting the rest of those 35+ characters
I enjoy unlocking content too! I just can't wait to see what is in store for us! #Weegee#1

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I choose Kirby. I am used to his moveset and it looks tons more viable this time around, plus I get to see the many different Kirby hats! ^_^

_Kun_

Smash Cadet
I choose Kirby. I am used to his moveset and it looks tons more viable this time around, plus I get to see the many different Kirby hats! ^_^
I agree, viability is important (just depends on what type of character your looking) and those hats are so cute! :3

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Hmm it would be between Captain Falcon, Pikachu, Donkey Kong, and Luigi, but I would go with Luigi. I would love if the starting roster was the original 12 actually even the original 8, so many unlockable characters:bluejump:

Khao

Smash Lord
The little icons under my avatar should make it quite obvious.

Been maining Link since like, the first week I ever played Smash, my first ever character was Mario, but once I tried out the others, I just couldn't get enough of Link. It's actually kinda thanks to that that I got into the Zelda series, which I'm now a huge fan of.

But for some reason, I feel like he won't end up as my main this one time, there's so much awesome in these newcomers that I'll most likely end up playing as one of them a lot. But I'm definitely starting out as Link, even if every character is unlocked from the beginning.

Last edited:

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
Basically anybody but Jigglypuff.

But if I had to narrow it to one, Mario, to keep it classic.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Gotta go Captain Falcon. Start throwing those knees around

LoboRundas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LoboRundas
3DS FC
4098-3496-0921
Switch FC
SW 6696 1795 2392
Captain Falcon and Samus, would be a hard decission within those two though.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Mario and Captain Falcon alternating. Actually, four out of five of my mains are a part of the original twelve so I'm golden.

pichupal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pichupower
3DS FC
1997-0164-7116
I doubt Jigglypuff would be unlocked right off the bat, but Jigglypuff all the way.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
Easy: Mario. He's nowhere close to being one of my favs, but I always start with Mario on Adventure Mode when I play a new file on Smash Bros. Honestly, thinking about that gets me excited, cuz it means the game is getting reeeeeally close. I mean, guys... it's less than 2 months for the USA release. 8 weeks. 40 "Pics of the Day." (okay, that last one makes it seem pretty far again, but 8 weeks sounds like nothing at all)

_Kun_

Smash Cadet
Captain Falcon and Samus, would be a hard decission within those two though.
Easy: Mario. He's nowhere close to being one of my favs, but I always start with Mario on Adventure Mode when I play a new file on Smash Bros. Honestly, thinking about that gets me excited, cuz it means the game is getting reeeeeally close. I mean, guys... it's less than 2 months for the USA release. 8 weeks. 40 "Pics of the Day." (okay, that last one makes it seem pretty far again, but 8 weeks sounds like nothing at all)
My gosh, I just want this game to be released already!!!!

LoboRundas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LoboRundas
3DS FC
4098-3496-0921
Switch FC
SW 6696 1795 2392
It's even worse when the game releases just the day before my birthday. Ngh.

InfiniteNumbers

Smash Rookie
NNID
InfiniteNumbers
3DS FC
1693-2938-8132
I'd choose Fox personally since he's the one I'm most familiar with in the original 12. If I got bored of Fox for whatever reason though I'd pick Mario.

Hitzel

Smash Ace
Jigglypuff or Kirby. I played Kirby more in Brawl, but I'd give Jiggs a chance first because she has more of a unique fighting style that could be better long-term.

Brindor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2939-3197-6187
A three way decision between Samus, Ness and Pikachu.
But i'm leaning towards Samus.
Samus it is.

Manzeln

Smash Cadet
Jigglypuff, with Ness as a second choice.

I'm surprised Jigglypuff is tied for first in the poll right now.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Pikachu, since I went instantly as him the first time I popped in Smash Bros and was most familiar/acquainted with (because duh I was a rabid Pokemon-fan kid). I might also alternate with Kirby (second main who I grew fond of through Smash), Yoshi and Ness.

EarthBoundRules

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4399-0517-2480
I picked DK. I've always loved large and strong characters, and DK's looking better than ever in this installment.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I would go with Luigi. Out of the original 12 he is the character I use and enjoy the most. Pikachu deserves a shout as well.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Captain Falcon was my main in Smash64, and will be my go-to character any time my Emblemers, Motherlings, or Super Fighting Robot are not available.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Luigi. He looks so good in this game from what I've seen in CT's 3DS movelist video, so I hope most of that is retained. The era of Luigi shall begin anew. That and he was my first Smash main ever, back when I was a little kid.

PingPongCop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bottlecapn
3DS FC
2938-8474-3044
Although Fox has been my main throughout the entire series, I would most likely start with Yoshi. He looks really good this time around, and Yoshi has always been my backup man just incase I didn't feel like playing Fox or Fox was taken.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Pikachu, because he was the first character I played in Smash 64.

Top Bottom