• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If the next patch completely flipped the tier list? Meta-game or Forget-the-game?

Should Sakari Flip the tier list in smash 4?

• yes, the top tier doesn't make sense.

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • no, its balanced for newbs and tradition

Votes: 22 78.6%

• Total voters

Dark Dr. Pink-Gold Pit Jr

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bloxxed

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Being that we don't have an official tier list yet, a number of pro players on Twitter have posted their own lists. Roy is never a high tier.
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...ds_collection_of_tier_lists_from_top_players/
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3ue9rk/wii_u3ds_i_took_some_recent_tier_lists_and/
And the words of a few people are a substitute for everybody? Maybe when an official tier list says Roy is mid tier I'll believe it. Or when somebody who actually plays Roy says it.

Dark Dr. Pink-Gold Pit Jr

Smash Apprentice
NNID
bloxxed
And the words of a few people are a substitute for everybody? Maybe when an official tier list says Roy is mid tier I'll believe it. Or when somebody who actually plays Roy says it.
I'd say the opinions some of the game's top players is pretty accurate. These are people who have incredible knowledge about the game and each and every one of its fighters.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I'd say the opinions some of the game's top players is pretty accurate. These are people who have incredible knowledge about the game and each and every one of its fighters.
That's true, but I'd rather not take that chance. If everybody took the word of top players without question, we'd all be listening to ZeRo. I don't think I need to explain the problem with that.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Mind explaining why an official tier list would be any different? Just looking at at the current tier lists made by top players and voted by the community should suffice.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Mind explaining why an official tier list would be any different? Just looking at at the current tier lists made by top players and voted by the community should suffice.
I'm fine with the community-voted tier list. Because it actually represents the community, as opposed to one person.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I'm fine with the community-voted tier list. Because it actually represents the community, as opposed to one person.
The idea is to take the tier lists of multiple top players and aggregate them, along with the community voted tier list. For example, if ESAM, ZeRo, Dabuz, Nairo, and Nakat had Roy hovering around Mid and Upper mid tier, it's safe to assume Roy is upper mid tier.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
The idea is to talk the tier lists of multiple top players and aggregate them, along with the community voted tier list. For example, if ESAM, ZeRo, Dabuz, Nairo, and Nakat had Roy hovering around Mid and Upper mid tier, it's safe to assume Roy is upper mid tier.
What "idea" exactly?

Top Bottom