• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If Super Smah Bros could be an anime how would it be?

kazrisk

twitch.tv/kazrisk
NNID
kazrisk
An anime with how many protagonists?

Too many heroic characters to give focus to them all fairly without cutting down other's screen time considerably.

In particular I'd assume characters like DK, Yoshi and Pikachu would get shafted so we could get more action from the humans who can talk or focus on anime sword fights with the FE crew, Link and Pit.

Would not want.
I love the non-verbal communication of Subspace Emissary along with the dialogue of some of the Smash 4 trailers (Doc Louis talking to Little Mac, Palutena talking to Pit), I could see a combination of that.

Donkey Kong and Diddy Kongs' bit in Subspace was awesome and they never said a word, just facial expressions and gestures, was alright by me, combine that with the characters that can talk, no need to cut the others.

Also, some protagonists aren't necessarily protagonists to each other. Conflict arises when points of view, methods of fighting and honor and all that clash.

Bottom line, it would be foolish to make a Smash anime but then cut some of the characters when the whole point of using Smash as a baseline for the anime would be to unite all these franchises.

Luckily, such an anime would probably be in-house and with trusted people like WarpStar Inc., the company Nintendo and HAL formed to create Kirby: Right Back at Ya!.

Sakurai is the one who set certain rules for the Kirby anime, such as no human characters and Kirby cannot speak.

I think this anime would work best as short 5-minute episodes and no big story arcs.

What would the animation look like? I think 3D models would be fine.

Is it worth making an anime? Well, there's lots of potential for screw ups. If there is an anime it's not going to last long.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
Luckily, such an anime would probably be in-house and with trusted people like WarpStar Inc., the company Nintendo and HAL formed to create Kirby: Right Back at Ya!.

Sakurai is the one who set certain rules for the Kirby anime, such as no human characters and Kirby cannot speak.

I think this anime would work best as short 5-minute episodes and no big story arcs.

What would the animation look like? I think 3D models would be fine.

Is it worth making an anime? Well, there's lots of potential for screw ups. If there is an anime it's not going to last long.
I'd like the animation like the Palutena trailer.

Gazdakka Gizbang

Smash Apprentice
It would be dopey, just like most anime interpretations of fighting games. They're just mishandled a lot, and a competent plot tends to be the common weakness.

Last edited:

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Enter, a world unlike any other. A place where places that have no right to be in the same place intermingle. Denizens of a certain mushroom themed kingdom frequently cross paths with space mercenaries from a far off galaxy. As one would imagine in a world full of such contrasting locales, there is bound to be some conflict between the inhabitants. And so, by order of the Great Hand, creator of this chaotic dimension, arenas were set up across the lands and throughout the stars to settle disputes through combat. Fame and riches are awarded to champions of the battles, some use their wealth and power for good, but others use it for their own gain. This story follows the adventures of Captain Toad, a traveler seeking his fortune who reluctantly ends up as a participant in these brawls.

Our story starts off in the large port town of Aero Dive, where our hero heard rumors of a great treasure to be found. The buildings nearest the coast tower over the shanties of the slums, illuminating the peninsula with their pulsating glow and emitting a low hum.

Farther inland, past the skyscrapers and shacks, is a less space age and more iron age setting, sparcely populated by cabins and trees. In this small woods, a young man garbed in green is fleeing on horseback from an arwing, a special combat oriented spacecraft, as it fires quick bursts of laser projectiles at his noble steeds heels. Of course, there is no real danger present. For in this world death is an unknown entity. Those defeated in mortal combat become statues, trophies for their slayers, although victors more often than not set their foe free before the day ends and return them to their living form by pressing on the base of the statue. This unconventional convention is a bizarre law of nature thought up by the Great Hand.

The young man in green pulls on the reigns of his mount just before he falls to his doom in the miles deep trench that encircles the field. The ship comes roaring past from behind and hits an invisible forcefield that spreads over the fields sky in a large dome. The ship instantly bursts into flame and metallic shards rain over the sky, but not before the occupant of the ship ejects. Out of the arwing somersaults a humanoid fox, sporting military pants and a white jacket, who lands on the ground on his hand and knee with a quiet thud, just behind the horse riding man. The man tries to draw his sword but the space animal is too quick, seemingly teleporting in front of the wannabe knight and kicking him off of the horse and into the pit. The man's yell can be heard through the small speakers of a wall mounted TV, capturing the action. All of the exciting footage is being broadcast on SMASH TV, and into the pub where the TV resides.

Sitting on a bar stool, oblivious to the action happening in the TV, Captain Toad excitedly admires every detail of his map. He doesn't even notice as the man in green from the TV walks in through the automatic sliding door and sits in the stool bext to him.

"What can I get for ya sir?" asks the scruffy bar keep with the fierce eyes.

"A milk please." Drearily replies the swordsman.

Captain Toad lays the map across the countertop, trying to get a closer look at its contents just as
The barkeep slides a glass of lon lon ranch's special lactose blend across the countertop, but it stops short as it gets hitched on the map, and falls on its side, spilling its creamy contents all over the map.

"WAAAAGH!?! My map! My precious map! " shouts Captain Toad.

The swordsman looks longingly at the spilled milk as it makes its way between the floorboards and gets absorbed into the aging paper of the small mushroom headed man's map.
The swordsman looks expectantly at the barkeep, but he only replies,
"Sorry, no free refills, take it up with mushroom boy there, the only thing he's spent tonight is his own time lookin at that sorry excuse of a map."

Captain Toad looks at the swordsman, upon closer inspection he sees that the man is actually a teenager, lean with a feminine face and golden locks that peak out of his long green hood, a hood that reaches almost to the waist of his green tunic. Captain Toad shouts at the young knight "Whyd you have to order milk!?! Milk stains never come out of ancient parchment! Here I am trying to find a quiet, well lit place to examine my map when you come along and order milk! Of all the drinks you could order why'd it have to be milk!?!"

"Actually the only drink we serve here is milk." chimes in the barkeep

"What kind of terrible map murdering establishment are you running here!?!" cries the forlorn captain.
"Now there's no hope of ever finding the lost treasure of King Watutankhamario!"

Oh gawd I have no idea where this story is going. I gotta stop before I get addicted to fanfiction...

Last edited:

kazrisk

twitch.tv/kazrisk
NNID
kazrisk
Enter, a world unlike any other. A place where places that have no right to be in the same place intermingle. Denizens of a certain mushroom themed kingdom frequently cross paths with space mercenaries from a far off galaxy. As one would imagine in a world full of such contrasting locales, there is bound to be some conflict between the inhabitants. And so, by order of the Great Hand, creator of this chaotic dimension, arenas were set up across the lands and throughout the stars to settle disputes through combat. Fame and riches are awarded to champions of the battles, some use their wealth and power for good, but others use it for their own gain. This story follows the adventures of Captain Toad, a traveler seeking his fortune who reluctantly ends up as a participant in these brawls.

Our story starts off in the large port town of Aero Dive, where our hero heard rumors of a great treasure to be found. The buildings nearest the coast tower over the shanties of the slums, illuminating the peninsula with their pulsating glow and emitting a low hum.

Farther inland, past the skyscrapers and shacks, is a less space age and more iron age setting, sparcely populated by cabins and trees. In this small woods, a young man garbed in green is fleeing on horseback from an arwing, a special combat oriented spacecraft, as it fires quick bursts of laser projectiles at his noble steeds heels. Of course, there is no real danger present. For in this world death is an unknown entity. Those defeated in mortal combat become statues, trophies for their slayers, although victors more often than not set their foe free before the day ends and return them to their living form by pressing on the base of the statue. This unconventional convention is a bizarre law of nature thought up by the Great Hand.

The young man in green pulls on the reigns of his mount just before he falls to his doom in the miles deep trench that encircles the field. The ship comes roaring past from behind and hits an invisible forcefield that spreads over the fields sky in a large dome. The ship instantly bursts into flame and metallic shards rain over the sky, but not before the occupant of the ship ejects. Out of the arwing somersaults a humanoid fox, sporting military pants and a white jacket, who lands on the ground on his hand and knee with a quiet thud, just behind the horse riding man. The man tries to draw his sword but the space animal is too quick, seemingly teleporting in front of the wannabe knight and kicking him off of the horse and into the pit. The man's yell can be heard through the small speakers of a wall mounted TV, capturing the action. All of the exciting footage is being broadcast on SMASH TV, and into the pub where the TV resides.

Sitting on a bar stool, oblivious to the action happening in the TV, Captain Toad excitedly admires every detail of his map. He doesn't even notice as the man in green from the TV walks in through the automatic sliding door and sits in the stool bext to him.

"What can I get for ya sir?" asks the scruffy bar keep with the fierce eyes.

"A milk please." Drearily replies the swordsman.

Captain Toad lays the map across the countertop, trying to get a closer look at its contents just as
The barkeep slides a glass of lon lon ranch's special lactose blend across the countertop, but it stops short as it gets hitched on the map, and falls on its side, spilling its creamy contents all over the map.

"WAAAAGH!?! My map! My precious map! " shouts Captain Toad.

The swordsman looks longingly at the spilled milk as it makes its way between the floorboards and gets absorbed into the aging paper of the small mushroom headed man's map.
The swordsman looks expectantly at the barkeep, but he only replies,
"Sorry, no free refills, take it up with mushroom boy there, the only thing he's spent tonight is his own time lookin at that sorry excuse of a map."

Captain Toad looks at the swordsman, upon closer inspection he sees that the man is actually a teenager, lean with a feminine face and golden locks that peak out of his long green hood, a hood that reaches almost to the waist of his green tunic. Captain Toad shouts at the young knight "Whyd you have to order milk!?! Milk stains never come out of ancient parchment! Here I am trying to find a quiet, well lit place to examine my map when you come along and order milk! Of all the drinks you could order why'd it have to be milk!?!"

"Actually the only drink we serve here is milk." chimes in the barkeep

"What kind of terrible map murdering establishment are you running here!?!" cries the forlorn captain.
"Now there's no hope of ever finding the lost treasure of King Watutankhamario!"

Oh gawd I have no idea where this story is going. I gotta stop before I get addicted to fanfiction...
Yeah maybe a Smash story isn't such a good idea... lol jk love you bye

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I, as with many other people, would like to see a Smash Bros anime. If I could give a plot, I would personally like to see a retelling of Subspace Emissary. Expect give it twist and turns to keep it fresh, such as giving some characters bigger roles, or add in new plot points.

kazrisk

twitch.tv/kazrisk
NNID
kazrisk
I, as with many other people, would like to see a Smash Bros anime. If I could give a plot, I would personally like to see a retelling of Subspace Emissary. Expect give it twist and turns to keep it fresh, such as giving some characters bigger roles, or add in new plot points.
Or maybe a story about a world where all of a sudden no Nintendo character can run without tripping, Meta Knight is a king over everyone, and the gravity of the world has been reduced.

Top Bottom