• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If PMDEV kickstarted their own smash-like IP would you fund it?

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
IndieGoGo. Similar to Kickstarter, the site where they did a crowdfunding campaign for DLC characters. During it they announced the game would come to Linux and backers would get a copy, so I immediately threw my money at them... never to be seen again.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
If PMDEV did a Kickstarter for a Smash-like game for the PS4 I'd totally support it.
Where's the dislike button when you need it
-
In relation to the actual question posed by the OP:
Believe it or not, I probably wouldn't support the Kickstarter. I'm all for this being official and something Nintendo can acknowledge and agree upon: but I know that won't happen. One of the reasons I love Project M is because of all the famous Nintendo faces it brought with it. That's part of the reason Project M is so popular: good old Nintendo IPs. It's one of the many reasons I wish Nintendo as a corporation wasn't so stubborn and had less of the Japanese way of looking at this. I honestly wish things had gone the way they did with Steam picking up the modders who did Team Fortress and made it into one giant thing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom