• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If Pichu was added in..

Caiahar

Smash Rookie
Would any of you Pika mains use Pichu for fun/as a joke, even in tournaments? (Assuming same move set)

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
Unless he sees similar changes like Pikachu in the transition from Melee to Brawl, no way. Picking him in tournaments is like entering a gun fight with a wet noodle, moreso without Melee's techs.

Some changes I'd like to see though are to make his movesets less like Pikachu's (Throws and Down B for instance. Would love some homage to his egg moves like Sweet Kiss or Charm) and to change his recoil effect on moves like Dair and Fair so they don't deal damage until they hit. Also, give him some notable kill power over Pikachu, please.

Noro~

Smash Cadet
If they add Pichu as a worse clone to Pikachu, I'd propably play it on locals against opponents that I know are below my skill level.

AncientCode42

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Surge_Production
I'd a little indifferent in Pichu came in. It all depends how they change him up. If his moveset from Melee is retained, well there's a slot wasted and you should stick with Pika instead. Even if they were to fix some changes with him Idk if he'd be better than Pika. Especially since Pika's physics and priorities are different from Melee and Pichu controlling the same way would be kinda pointless.

They could give him some new abilities to change this up. But seeing as how they like for the characters to have their retained movesets with altered things about them it's a bit doubtful. I mean Pichu hurting itself with lighting moves is its trademark. He'd also just be Pika with even less range and less up B priority. I don't see how his range could be fix with his small frame and is even smaller than Pika. His big upside is he would be faster. Idk really. I'm fine sticking with Pika.

Emuchu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Emuchu
3DS FC
2320-6462-6471
What if they took Pichu's trademark "hurts itself with its lightning," and expanded that feature? Perhaps Pichu doesn't know how to control his lightning, and so his electric attacks are actually larger and more powerful than Pikachu's electric attacks. So we wind up with Pichu being a smaller, slower Pika with a worse Quick Attack, but he makes up for those features with hugely disjointed and powerful electric attacks that hurt himself. Like a glass-cannon swordie with a projectile.

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
I wonder how Pichu would do with Wii Fit Trainer's pre-1.1.0 recover options in order to offset his recoil. Something like Parabolic Charge (Down B, like Pika's Thunder Burst custom) or Draining Kiss (Grapple), but it would have to hit to heal so that Pichu can't just spam it during respawn. Even if it's low like 1-2%, it'd be nice to know we can counteract his recoil issues.

Though I think we're missing the big question here:
What should Pichu's Final Smash be?

Emuchu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Emuchu
3DS FC
2320-6462-6471
I wonder how Pichu would do with Wii Fit Trainer's pre-1.1.0 recover options in order to offset his recoil. Something like Parabolic Charge (Down B, like Pika's Thunder Burst custom) or Draining Kiss (Grapple), but it would have to hit to heal so that Pichu can't just spam it during respawn. Even if it's low like 1-2%, it'd be nice to know we can counteract his recoil issues.

Though I think we're missing the big question here:
What should Pichu's Final Smash be?
Pichu Warp Digivolves into Mega Raichu.

Principe Momopato

Smash Rookie
if pichu is added that means is a slot wasted u.u and i think sakurai will not add more pokemon slots in ssb4. six was the maximun in brawl :/
and his fs will be volt tackle (~~egg move and have more sense than pikachu~~)

Last edited:

Shaymin slicker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowshaymin
3DS FC
1547-5202-1903
I would actually use Pichu. I didn't play Melee long enough to unlock him, but I would give him a shot.

D

Deleted member

I guess as a joke? Or a form of disrespect?

Just knowing how intentionally bad Pichu was in Melee, I can't help but think they would do the same thing again here.

KelseyEevee133

Smash Rookie
If not Pichu, then why not Raichu? Raichu is obviously stronger than Pikachu because he's the evolved form of him. Also, notice how Pikachu is male-only in the game. Pikachu does not have the heart-shaped tail, which means it can also be a female. Thus, if Raichu was added and Sakurai and his team decided to add gender differences to Pikachu, they would obviously have to apply those same exact changes to Raichu as well, since Raichu also has gender differences as well. And furthermore, if Pichu was added back into the game, Sakurai and his team wouldn't have to worry about gender differences, as Pichu has none. (Unless, of course, Sakurai happened to add the spiky-eared version of Pichu in the game as one of his costumes.)

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
I'd be okay with it only if they make him the glass cannon he was meant to be. Keep his weight the same as Jigglypuff, keep his moves that don't injure him doing terrible damage, but make moves like FSmash disgustingly good, killing at 60 and doing like 25-30% uncharged while causing it to do, say, 3% on whiff, 6% on hit (to self).
Make him the ultimate high-risk, high-reward character. Make his thunder jolt do, say, 6-7% with it doing a constant 1% to self per jolt, make his Skull Bash essentially Pika's heavy skull bash (killing stupidly early), make FAir do 1% to self per hit but do like 25% if all hits hit...make him have massive shieldstun and shield damage but make his shield weaker...

I think a revamped Pichu would be amazing, but only if they make him the most insane glass cannon ever. If this was done Pichu would be a really interesting character who would have incredibly dangerous shield break setups to get kills, but would also have the same done to him.

Basically, in a match with a pichu, if your kill power is low, you lose, if it's high, both characters are dying at like 20%.

Simperheve

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Simperheve
I don't think I would ever use Pichu. To me, everything Pichu did was so much worse than Pikachu and to top it all off it did damage to itself! If they release Pichu as DLC I certainly won't buy it unless it had a humungous overhaul that made Pichu actually worth using.

Rose alumna

Smash Journeyman
What if Pichu temporarily becomes something like Pikachu Libre? :lol:
Humm What if they just added Pikachu Libre Instead Hehe >.> <.< It would be nice To see What they come up with if they do. A power house Mid Range/Short Narrow Range Pikachu. He could have some sort of iron tail spike. I can go on and on.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Would any of you Pika mains use Pichu for fun/as a joke, even in tournaments? (Assuming same move set)
Maybe? I mean I did it in Melee, I'd probably do it again because lulz is always the best motive.

Always.

KiyoXDragon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KiyoXDragon
3DS FC
2981-7067-0666
Switch FC
SW-1752-3317-0324
I would love for Pichu to return I would use him either way, but I like the glass cannon idea!

Scribe

Sing, sing for ourselves alone.
Writing Team
NNID
KipShades
3DS FC
5241-1937-7022
Well, if they kept his recoil the same as it was in Melee, it wouldn't be as big of a deal, since 1% damage means a lot less in Smash 4 than it does in Melee.

I'd say that maybe some of the changes from SD Remix would be fitting - no recoil on up-b and side-b, and slight damage boost, maybe a new dash attack where he does a rolling tackle instead of a headbutt.

Top Bottom