• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If OOT link isn't in smash bros anymore, And if Wind waker came out before Twilight princess...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well Link is sort of supposed to be representing most of the Link's in general as his trophies usually describe. Toon Link more specifically represents the Toon style appearance he has had.

Then there is the thing where Link is probably implemented earlier than Toon Link in the games so when Toon Link gets included they merely had to import some of the assets of Link and remix it a bit for Toon Link. So I'd suppose that makes Toon Link the semi clone. Even if in terms of appearance he showed up before that particular version of Link I suppose.

PikaSamus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BattleSubway
Ironically, Twilight Princess was supposed to be Wind Waker 2 (the idea later made it on the DS), so this technically makes TP Link a "clone" in the main Zelda games.

Spectrum of Envy

Smash Rookie
Most LoZ games could be argued to have an underlying theme of the main character letting go of his childhood and embarking on a journey for a new future. Although this is a very typical hero's journey type structure, Link is usually very young in his games. He isn't even a teenager in the majority of his games. The only games that feature a fully matured Link are OoT, TP, and Skyward Sword. That's 3 out of 17 games, and one of those 3 still has a child link. The only reason that Adult link is even a thing is because it made it easier to give him a fighting style in his transition to 3D, and of course it helps that OoT is the most critically acclaimed video game of all time. Anyways, WW link is in my opinion much closer to the original design of the character.

Top Bottom