• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If Mother 3 had an additional representative...

Who do you want additionally?

• Total voters

Speculator

Smash Ace
If Mother 3 had an additional representative... I think Mother would probably be pushing it at that point. It is a very small series. The reason I think Lucas is crucially important is because Mother is one of those series where the characters and settings change with each installment; despite there only being three games, Ness by himself can only ever represent Earthbound. Ness and Lucas together open up the representation beyond that and allow for a better blend of elements from Mother 2 & 3.

Going beyond that, however, is straying into the unwelcome as-many-characters-as-there-are-games territory currently occupied by Kid Icarus. I don't want Mother to become that, I want it to be proportionately represented and treated with the respect it deserves. I'd rather see Mother resources used for more amazing music tracks and stage settings, and not for new characters that might not feel wholly necessary.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
If Mother 3 had an additional representative... I think Mother would probably be pushing it at that point. It is a very small series. The reason I think Lucas is crucially important is because Mother is one of those series where the characters and settings change with each installment; despite there only being three games, Ness by himself can only ever represent Earthbound. Ness and Lucas together open up the representation beyond that and allow for a better blend of elements from Mother 2 & 3.

Going beyond that, however, is straying into the unwelcome as-many-characters-as-there-are-games territory currently occupied by Kid Icarus. I don't want Mother to become that, I want it to be proportionately represented and treated with the respect it deserves. I'd rather see Mother resources used for more amazing music tracks and stage settings, and not for new characters that might not feel wholly necessary.
Well what about Ninten?

I mean, he is a more Physical based sort of fighter and he is from the first Mother game :p

Speculator

Smash Ace
Well what about Ninten?

I mean, he is a more Physical based sort of fighter and he is from the first Mother game :p
The first Mother games is arguably my favorite and a seriously overlooked game, but I've always felt it's better represented as a stage. Magicant is great, it's a shame it isn't in the Wii U version.

I'm ultra hyped for Lucas.
I voted for all of these on here (Masked Man twice) since Mother 3 is my favourite game and I'll take as many characters as we can get.

Though I guess you could say that Boney's decomfirmed because his sprite is on Lucas's shirt :p
/s

Dinoman96

Smash Master
The first Mother games is arguably my favorite and a seriously overlooked game, but I've always felt it's better represented as a stage. Magicant is great, it's a shame it isn't in the Wii U version.
Tis' also a shame there's no way to turn the Flying Man off, but alas...

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Boney. Give me Boney and I will throw my money at Sakurai

kirby509

Smash Cadet
Masked Man would be an amazing character in smash. He is extremely compatible with Lucas and is quite diverse. If not, I would also want Kumatora

The_Most_Effectual

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EarthBoundNerdC
Porky or Duster, tbh

Kumatora would be a bit superflous imo because all the elemental PSI is already used by Lucas.
Duster could be a kick heavy, agile character while Porky could work similar to Bowser Jr, with lots of tricks and tools in his cradle-mech
Honestly, that's exactly how I was picturing him. I would imagine he'd be a little bit heavier than B Jr., though (no offense Porky, but, come one, your name is "Porky"). I would love to see an alt skin for Porky be him as he appeared in EB, in the other mech.

LightlyToasted

Smash Cadet
No love for cattlesnake? What about doorknob. God you guys are heartless. At least put in the oxegyn machine as an assist trophy.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
As boring as it'll probably sound to some, I'd have to go with Porky. Not only is Porky in Mother 3, but he would also be the main villain of the franchise, and IMO, villains are something we desperately need more of in the roster... Which is puzzling to me, since many of the main villains of most of the franchises have more than enough potential to be unique characters.

Top Bottom