• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If melee HD is released some time recently, should Nintendo attempt to balance the game?

Mr Snak3_

Smash Apprentice
Only fix things like invisible wall and falling through stadium maybe yoshi's dash grab, apart from that keep it the same as 1.02, no buffs, no nerfs, no pal differences, absolutely nothing but graphics and bug fixes

Slip33

Smash Cadet
The question of How could you buff the low tiers?... So the top/high tiers wouldn't be as dominant is tricky. Maybe both nerfs and buffs is needed, if slight.

One Shot Man

Smash Rookie
Simple solution similiar to bernards post,
have multiple versions that have 'dipswitch' type options to change things between all the current versions' changes and also have a new balanced/default version all in one disc/download.

Melee was like 2GB and games now are like 20GB so i dont think a bunch of options like these will fill up that much data lol.

they should make tap jump a thing to enable/disable as well. [only thing i dont like about melee]

Last edited:

Mr Snak3_

Smash Apprentice
Simple solution similiar to bernards post,
have multiple versions that have 'dipswitch' type options to change things between all the current versions' changes and also have a new balanced/default version all in one disc/download.

Melee was like 2GB and games now are like 20GB so i dont think a bunch of options like these will fill up that much data lol.

they should make tap jump a thing to enable/disable as well. [only thing i dont like about melee]
The problem is with melee if nintendo even touches blast zones or di they'll cause another huge community split with elitism all over again. and they'll also have a hard time since i don't think they'll allow the 20XX hack pack to exist

Swagic

Smash Journeyman
What about a few stage changes?

Ships on Corneria don't shoot you anymore, take out the farthest sets of clouds on Yoshi's 64, lower the KJ 64 top platforms...

We could use some stage cp's that don't favor the top tier so heavily.

The only nerf I would like is to eliminate shinespiking. That **** is BROKEN. Kill at 4% for being offstage at all. No clue how to, though.

Maybe change the transformation time with Zelda/Shiek (shorten), fix G&W L-cancels, but there really aren't many changes they could make to characters that people would be happy about.

Top Bottom