• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If items should be given a shot in competitive play,it should be Dragoon NOT FS balls

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Final Smashes should be on, dragoon is annoying, so probably not.

I'm laughing pretty hard at Yuna though, can't dodge the dragoon? Wow, you're awful.
You, me, 200 dollar moneymatch. Dragoon only. You have 10 stock. I get 10 Dragoons. If you can dodge half of them, you win.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's simply a game where I get to fire off 10 dragoons. Apparently I suck for not being able to consistently dodge them. If it's so easy, he should be able to dodge at least 5 of them. If he manages to dodge 5 of my Dragoons, I'll happily pay him 200 dollars.

Raikage

Smash Apprentice
Pretty sure the lag between sweden and australia would make the exercise futile, but I assure you the dragoon is completely dodgeable. I understand if you can't, just practise more and you'll get better. :)

Corigames

Smash Hero
Pretty sure the lag between sweden and australia would make the exercise futile, but I assure you the dragoon is completely dodgeable. I understand if you can't, just practise more and you'll get better. :)
Or, you can learn to get better without a crutch like the dragoon or smash ball :)

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I never said it's not dodgable. However, the hit comes out immediately after it's shot. In other words, you have to literally be psychic to dodge it (which I also said). You have to consistently predict exactly when the opponent is going to fire it off and dodge before it's fired off.

And if you mispredict and dodge it when the opponent doesn't fire it off, well, you just left yourself wide open for him to fire it off and take a stock off of you.

orintemple

Smash Lord
Or, you can learn to get better without a crutch like the dragoon or smash ball :)
Amen brother.
---

Also, we should definitely make Super Spicy Curry match the competitive standard cause it is totally fair and not at all random or luck based.

And geez Yuna you must suck cause your not psychic like the rest of us at Brawl!
/sarcasm

Twin Dreams

Smash Ace
Wait a second, Yuna, you're not psychic?

And to the whole topic discussion...

Dragoon.

Would it be fair if during the match Dragoon pieces instantly spawned in front of me? All the time? The entire match?

As people continue to play and matches approach infinite, that is a certain possibility. I don't want to be in a tournament match because the game was spawning Dragoon pieces on my opponent.

thewiredknight

Smash Journeyman
Final Smashes should be on, dragoon is annoying, so probably not.

I'm laughing pretty hard at Yuna though, can't dodge the dragoon? Wow, you're awful.
Seriously, what dragoons hav eyou been dodging? I've you're talking about the AI then that means nothing. The AI is really easy to dodge if they have the dragoon because they ALWAYS use it as soon as it's on you so you can spot or air dodge it easily.

TheMuffinMan0311

Smash Apprentice
I never said it's not dodgable. However, the hit comes out immediately after it's shot. In other words, you have to literally be psychic to dodge it (which I also said). You have to consistently predict exactly when the opponent is going to fire it off and dodge before it's fired off.

And if you mispredict and dodge it when the opponent doesn't fire it off, well, you just left yourself wide open for him to fire it off and take a stock off of you.
You could say the exact same thing about every freaking move in the game. "Oh god, you LITERALLY have to be PSYCHIC to predict and then dodge a Forward-Smash, F-Smashes should be banned!", "oh no, you thought that Fox was going to do a D-Smash, but instead he rolled behind you and F-Smashes, SO BROKEN, OMGGGGG, HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO PREDICT THAT", I thought that was what "mindgames" were, you make your opponent think you're doing something else and make them screw up.

The fact that in order to complete a Dragoon you have to collect 3 separate pieces, spawning at completely separate intervals, at separate places on the stage, I think the whole "omg it spawned right in front of my opponent" is thrown out the window, not to mention the fact that all you need to do is hit your opponent to knock a Dragoon piece out of them to claim it for yourself.

mangodurban

Smash Journeyman
items are for fun play, in order to see the true representation of time practicing in a competitive sense, it is best to remove as many random variables as possible. When any item appears it gives some type of advantage to the closest person, and has nothing to do with the skill needed to compete in smash.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Don't try to make competition fun. Competition is fun on its own. When you try to make a competition fun, it complicates things and, usually, does the exact opposite. Go to a tournament, have fun, and then realize items aren't needed.

The game's not balanced, but neither is any other **** game ever made. IF you include the dragoon, seriously, then you basically just said that at least one stock is going to be lost at 0% or the final hit will be with the dragoon. That's how it is. So, no. I say screw all items in tournament play.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
If items should be given a shot in competitive play, then indeed it should be Dragoon.

However, it is also the case that if items should be given a shot in competitive play, then there is a colony of dragons living in my nasal cavity, Sakurai knew what he was doing when he affirmed tripping, and the moon is made of green cheese and thyme.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
You could say the exact same thing about every freaking move in the game. "Oh god, you LITERALLY have to be PSYCHIC to predict and then dodge a Forward-Smash, F-Smashes should be banned!", "oh no, you thought that Fox was going to do a D-Smash, but instead he rolled behind you and F-Smashes, SO BROKEN, OMGGGGG, HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO PREDICT THAT", I thought that was what "mindgames" were, you make your opponent think you're doing something else and make them screw up.
Tell me of a single move in Brawl that immediately KO:s you no matter who you are or where you are on the stage at 0% (barring a really huge stage like New Pork City). Tell me of such a move that randomly become accessible depending on how lucky you are (if 3 different factors align).

The fact that in order to complete a Dragoon you have to collect 3 separate pieces, spawning at completely separate intervals, at separate places on the stage, I think the whole "omg it spawned right in front of my opponent" is thrown out the window, not to mention the fact that all you need to do is hit your opponent to knock a Dragoon piece out of them to claim it for yourself.
Anything that can happen will happen. If we turn the Dragoon on, there will be matches where 3 Dragoon parts spawn in front of a single person or at least at a time when one player is unable to make it to the piece in time by any means since he might be recovering or whatever.

Bob-ombs have been nerfed now. Why don't we turn them on? Oh right, 3 of them might spawn in front of me and I'll proceed to KO you with them.

Kyldare

Smash Apprentice
It's even worse than Final Smashes on some aspects. The characters who are the fastest will have the best chance of grabbing it.

Some characters are less capable than others to knock Dragoon Parts out of characters. Others are sturdier and require more beatings to lose them.

Dragoon-parts spawning is entirely random. If one spawns right in front of you, the opponent can do nothing to stop you from grabbing it.

And the most important thing of all:
The second you grab the last Dragoon Part, you go into Dragoon Mode. They don't even have the chance to try and knock it out of you once you have all three parts. And the Dragoon is broken.

It's much worse than Final Smashes because not only is it unblockable, it comes out so fast you have to spotdodge/roll/airdodge before the opponent activates it! Yes, you literally have to be psychic to avoid it! And if you don't predict it right, well, all they have to do is wait 'til your invincibility is up and then kill you!

Dragoons are broken and random. Balanced? Kinda, but they're still random and broken.

Dragoon Nazi: No Dragoon for you!
I agree with the Dragoon Nazi... Items in Brawl tourneys are like hippies in America, there just shouldn't be any.

Top Bottom