• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If Daisy was more of a Semi-Clone/Individual Fighter (Part 1)

Do you think this is a good list of ideas?

• Maybe; It sounds nice, but isn't very thought out.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe; I also don't know how this would work if it was real

• Maybe; This sounds good, but I have small complaints/critiques that I've/I'll type out below

• Total voters

✝Pear

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
PEAR#397
Switch FC
SW-7440-0594-8130
Hello! this is a list of all the things I could come up with for if Daisy was more of her own fighter, rather than a straight-up copy-paste of Peach because I like both Princesses and think they both deserve their own spotlight. :) This was all typed up in Discord first, and then just reformatted here. This could all just lead to a very broken character, and I don't REALLY REALLY know what I'm doing, so if you have any Critiques, please let me know. This list is from March 16th, 2022 (about 11:30 pm) to March 18th, 2022 (About 11 am) Please answer the poll AFTER you've read at least a little bit of this list!

Stat Changes
---------------
  • Ground Speed would be increased by roughly 2.5%
  • Air Mobility would be decreased by roughly 2.5% (Not as Floaty)
  • Grounded Attacks would have 1% more damage and knockback
  • Aerials would have 2% less damage and knockback
  • Jumps will be 2% shorter
    • Overall, while giving Daisy better ground mobility, also gives Daisy less air mobility overall
Attack Changes
---------------
  • Instead of Peach's "Float" ability, Daisy will have a 3rd jump inspired by her 3rd floatier jump in "SUPER MARIO RUN".
    • This Jump can be activated the same way you can activate float, or by just pressing the jump button after using your 2nd jump.
    • The height of this 3rd Jump will be equivalent to Daisy's new 1st Jump.
  • Up Air will be reverted to its old "SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL" counterpart. (A kick upwards) With a few stat changes.
  • Up Tilt will be reverted to its old "SUPER SMASH BROS. MELEE" counterpart. (A headbutt) With a few stat changes.
  • Down Air will be changed to 2 kicks at a more 90° angle. This will be able to spike.
    • These 2 kicks will have a slightly slower animation.
  • Forward Tilt will be reminiscent of Luigi's Forward Tilt.
  • Dash Attack has different hitboxes. First, that pushes the opponent upward, and the second one pushes away. The 2nd hitbox comes out later.
    • This hitbox comes with a new animation. Daisy only does the pushing animation and stretches out to hit her opponent(s). She then lowers her arms and stands back up.
  • Up Smash will have the sour spots (on the side of Daisy) bigger, and these will cause much less knockback, but a bit more hit stun.
    • This will also come with a new animation. Slightly less altered. Instead of bringing her arm from in between of her legs to above her head, Daisy's new animation will have her bring her arms behind her, and swing her arm from there to the side of her and then above her head.
    • The sour spots are really weak and struggle to kill at even higher percentages.
  • Daisy's back air will be similar to Fox/Ken's back kick. Of course with slight alterations.

Special Changes
---------------
  • Up Special will be changed to Crystal Smash From Mario Strikers.
    • This moves like Dedede's Up special. It also shares the same properties.
    • The Little splash attack (a barrier around you made of crystals) when you land will be smaller than the actual reference.
    • Up Special can also be canceled mid-air for a punch in the air referencing Daisy's Super Strike in "Mario Strikers Charged" on Nintendo Wii. The animation would have her pulling her arm back for a punch, and either using it in the air or smashing down when landing.
  • Neutral Special will be changed from a Toad to a Piranha Plant.
    • The Piranha Plant will have a noticeably smaller counter window but will have a strong counter window.
  • The "Vegetable" move will have only 3 variants. Normal, an equivalent to the "Dot-Eyed" Turnip, and an equivalent to the "Stich-Face" Turnip.
    • The "Stich-Face" Vegetable, will do 3% damage and knockback. - The "Vegetable" Move will have turnips changed to carrots.
    • Mr. Saturn will be replaced by Beam Swords.
  • Side Special will be more of a vertical recovery move, reminiscent of “Flying Peach Bomber”, a Smash 4 custom move for Peach’s Side Special
    • This will have much less horizontal movement and less vertical movement, but it doesn't put you into freefall.
Final Smash
---------------
  • Daisy's Final Smash will be named: Daisy Sports Mix
    • This will be an animation of All Daisy's sports appearances. First, Daisy will make a power circle around her, while raising pom-poms. This is a reference to her special in Mario Sports Mix for the Wii. Up to 4 players can be caught in this. Daisy will then use all of her sports equipment, including a baseball bat, tennis racket, golf club, and more, all in quick succession. Then Daisy will make a pose, take a picture, and finally fly through the screen using Mario's Airplane from Super Mario Land.
    • The voice clips for this final smash will be the same used in her special in Mario Sports Mix.

When I get more ideas or think you guys have some nice ideas, I'll edit this list. Please answer the poll after you're done! Thank You and have a nice day!

Edit 1: Added a few reminders for the poll and fixed a few spelling mistakes. Also added ending remark.
Edit 2: Added this edit log.
Edit 3: Changed the poll to display public results.

Last edited:
Top Bottom