• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If Bowser JR. is his son....

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
You're in denial and need to accept reality.

The irony of this statement being honestly used when discussing fiction and fantasy is painful.

what does canon mean?

Canon is a term used to describe a cohesive work and what has occurred in it.

Why bring up Metroid this is Mario i have miyamoto's words while yall coming at me with 'he contradicts himself' creators words > your fanfic no matter how much he 'contradicts' himself im not too fussed about this but its clear as hell that the Koopalings aren't related to Bowser they look nothing alike... part of the similar species? Sure but related ...Nope.
I bring up Metroid: Other M because it's another case where a creator said something stupid, in that case: "Samus is secretly a crying little girl on the inside who needs a man to tell her what to do, and also she can't kill Ridley without help." The majority of fans refuse to accept that because it contradicts the past Metroid canon as shown in the games and supplementary materials.

Similarly, Miyamoto said: "The Koopalings are not Bowser's children because I say so." despite the fact that they were introduced as his children, despite the fact that for over twenty years they've been his children, and despite the fact that their designs are obviously supposed to invoke the feeling of being King Koopa's Kids. Really, a bunch of siblings who look different from each other but all share familial similarities are far more interesting than just one mini-me alone. I'm not sure why you're attacking this concept so fiercely.

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
When I read the title, I thought it was going to be a thread petitioning for Bowser's name to be changed to Bowser Sr.

I've never heard of a "Royal Koopa lineage" or anything about the horns, though it sounds cool.

On the topic of Miyamoto's retconning (or Other M), this scene from the Avengers is very appropriate (mild swearing).

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Neither do I. Heck, I actually believe that everything that goes on in Mario games are just plays, I mean, come on, Mario freaking go-karts, plays football/soccer, baseball, etc. with Bowser. It's all an act, guys, they're all friends and actors/actresses doing fun stuff for us.
I think of them as kids in a neighborhood; some what like southpark.
Bowser and Cartman are evil, but Mario and Stan befriend them, because... everyone is friends. There is no real danger in this world, magic protects them.

Well I'm getting a bit carried away, but I do think of them as children. They play different games and different roles toward each other as they discover who they are in life. They don't always like each other, but they put up with each other- they are the only ones they have. Just like in a neighborhood, or a school, they do not have anyone else. I mean, there aren't actually THAT many 'people' type of characters in the Mario Universe.

adabana

Smash Rookie
It's on Wikipedia that Bowser carried his young in his womb and birthed them himself.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
There was a woman in that movie by the name of Lena Koopa, I think she is Surrogate Mother of the Koopalings and Bowser Jr.

InfiniteTripping

Smash Journeyman
I think the whole thing with Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings is strange brew. It doesn't feel right that they all exist in the same world now, it seemed like Nintendo brought Bowser Jr. into the picture in the interest of simplifying things, to wipe away so many Koopa children and start over with an easier-to-characterize single child, but then the Koopalings return all of the sudden? And they are apparently comfortable with Bowser Jr? It doesn't sit right with me, And that the Koopalings all have these early 90's names still... you'd think they'd at least retcon the reference to Morton Downey Jr.

The whole thing just makes Bowser's sex life seem very sordid. But what else could I expect from a giant punked out turtle that plays loud rock music all day and night in his mansion of lust...

AppleCracker

Smash Apprentice
I agree with Brawl in the Family. I don't care what anyone say, the koopalings and bowser jr. Will always be his kids!

Blanc

Smash Apprentice
AFTER A BIT OF READING I HAVE COME WITH FACTS:
koopalings are not bowser's kids
bowser jr.'s mom is unknown

miyamoto said these in 2012

HammerHappy

Smash Apprentice
My theory: Alpha Koopa Eggs (Bowser/Koopalings "breed") can remain dormant for centuries - harvesting the energy of molten earth (hence their preference for volcanic homes and their ability to breath fire).

All of the Koopalings are the children of previous Kings and Queens who refused to hatch their eggs for fear of a heir taking the throne away from them. This is why they look so different.

Bowser decided that he would hatch them simultaneously and claim that they were siblings and that he was their father. The presence of enemies like Mario and Bowsers talent as a leader has kept them fiercely loyal and unlikely to attempt to usurp the throne.

Much later, Bowser decided to hatch an egg from his own bloodline - a nest brother. He would groom his infant sibling to be a proper successor - one that would assume the responsibilities of running a kingdom in Bowsers demise.

Peach for her part spends more time in Bowsers Castle than in her own. As reptiles are known to imprint, the amount of time she spent with Baby Bowser Jr. would cause him to consider her his mother even when he became intelligent enough to realize it wasn't biological.

Peach clearly spent much of her time kidnapped with Bowser Jr for him to develop such a strong bond ( the advantages this would have to the Mushroom Kingdom is obvious - a friendly leader of the Koopa Kingdom would be a powerful ally). She cares about Jr., seen in SMS when she didn't outright deny that she was his mother for fear of hurting his feelings.

The end result is an opponent smarter than Bowser (turned the public against Mario rather than typical Smash n Grab) and a more sympathetic reason desire to kidnap Peach - to reunite the family he grew up with.

Last edited:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I remember when the canon was changed that the Koopalings aren't Bowser's kids anymore but just working under him.

I want Bowser to have 8 kids from an unknown mother, dammit.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I remember when the canon was changed that the Koopalings aren't Bowser's kids anymore but just working under him.

I want Bowser to have 8 kids from an unknown mother, dammit.
I'd rather have each kid be from separate unknown mothers. Yeah, Bowser has a dark and perhaps embarrassing past he doesn't want to talk about. Just think what kind of person Ludwig's mom was. Bowser probably read Jane Eyre and sees himself as Edward Rochester and sees Princess Peach as his dear Jane. Huh, I guess that makes Bowser Jr. his Adele Varens except less innocent, less French, and more annoying.

Wow... That makes Bowser Jr.'s past even more tragic since while the Koopalings are just ignored and left to do whatever, Bowser Jr. means more to Bowser Jr. than them maybe because his mother had a tragic fate compared to the Koopalings' mothers who probably just dumped them onto Bowser.

If you want this to be less tragic: Bowser was a popular guy or that one unlucky guy who couldn't avoid what Michael Jackson's character in "Billie Jean" experienced... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Imagine Bowser performing "Billie Jean"! :joyful:

Last edited:

Pachyy

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5257-9987-5185
What if.... Bowser.Jr was Bowser's little brother? (meh, but why not? Well I know why not, but I want to believe in this.)

Top Bottom