• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If ALL stages returned...

lavamage

Smash Ace
Wisconsin...yay that place no one has ever heard o
Quick question.

Lets get past all limits of space, all "This would never happen" ect spam, and just look the question ok?

Question
If ALL stages (from 64 and melee) returned, would you

Prefer them to stay as is / as were
OR
Have a graphical update to fit in with Brawl

axi0n

Smash Apprentice
graphical updates to fit brawl, but I wouldnt want all the stages anyway...

atleast not all the melee ones.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I would not want graphical updates on most stages. I mean, FD could get graphical updates, obviously, but the ones that were specific to N64 and Melee, I would rather them stay as they were, but only in terms of graphics.

I would want bugs to be fixed, eg things like the infinite combo points in the Temple on Melee.

Rocketspark

Smash Cadet
The 64 ones stay as they are. I like the paper feel.
The Melee ones should get a graphical update, since (for the most part) they're 3D to begin with and would look so much better with an update.

Orbinas

Smash Rookie
I'd definately prefer a graphical update. Not to say that the 64 stages in Melee were ugly, but I don't see why they should have "retro" stages. It just reeks of "can't be bothered re-doing it" to me.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Redo the graphics, obviously. I want more cool stuff going on in the background.

Terradrius

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, as long as they stay within their styles. For example, Flat Zone couldn't really get a graphical update.

Smash Ace
As a casual player, I'm fine as long as there's an FD-ish stage. Yes, I am casual and I like FD. We already have one battlefield layout stage (called battlefield, obviously enough), so I'll be happy.

You know, I could make myself an ugly FD-2 with the stage editor in under a minute (place ONE platform. Done), so I'm not even too concerned about that.

And yes, I want all stages to return. Except Icicle Mountain and Flat Zone, because they suck more than the stupid "OMG WAVEDASHING OUT BOYCOTT TIME" threads. They even suck more than the "OMG WE CASAUL PLAERS WILL PWNZOR ALLLL U COMPITITIVE ****" comments, which is an impressive feat.

I want graphical updates on all of them, but it's not a big deal if it cuts out too much dev time. It'd be nice, but not a priority. You can get the retro feel with good graphics just fine, but I'm not too concerned about having melee-era (or ssb64-era) graphics.

EDIT: nerfed my spelling of "competitive," just for.

JJJ.Brawler

Smash Ace
I would want a graphical update for sure. I didn't like ohw they didn't update the one's in Melee. I never play on them just because they look bad. I'd rather have them look cool. And most of them, I would like to see more interactable.

DTPrimus2112

Smash Rookie
As long as there's nothing like final destination so that the tourney***s get pissed, I'm happy.
You want something missing from the game to annoy fellow gamers? wow.

I'd like the stages to get an update. I hope they bring back at least one Great Fox stage and a level like Temple. New Pork City looks good, but the Chimera could ruin the fun.

Team Giza

Smash Lord
I don't want all the old stages to come back. I want new ones.

But if they had to come back... graphical update.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
It all depends on what stages I would want to see come back and how they return. I broke this down once before, months ago, in the "vote for your favorite past stage" thread, but I'm sure no one read that anyway.

For example: Sector Z from 64 and Corneria from Melee. I wouldn't want to see either of these as past stages, and I think it's pretty likely that the second Star Fox stage will have a similar layout. I wouldn't want to see Final Destination or Battlefield as past stages as it's pretty likely we'll be getting new versions of those as well.

I think the only 64 stage I'd want to see back, un-altered, is Dreamland.

Melee stages? Uhm.. Peach's Castle and Onett. They both have relatively unique themes and layouts, that aren't quite as unique as some others - like Pokémon Stadium and Mute City - that are more likely to be remade.

The rest of the stages would be fine being remade and rebuilt into all new stages.

Magnacor

Smash Ace
If the stages got graphical upgrades would they really be retro? Regaurdless, I would not like to see all of the stages return and if any did they should not have a graphical upgrade.

Dragon Master Luigi

Smash Apprentice
That would be sweet!!! Smash Brothers Revisited, but without the graphical update. Possibly have Metal Mario's Stage from the 64 as unlockable too, but a little enlarged.

Foxy K

Smash Journeyman
NNID
foxy_k
Both? ><
Meh, it wouldn't matter to me, but I really want all the stages back. I actually don't want anything from either two games missing because then it'll feel incomplete, but I'll still be happy with it.

Also, they should bring back the non-multiplayer stages from 64. Tiny, ruiny looking FD, metal stage, you know, those ones. They were cool.

lookatthatbaconsizzle

Smash Journeyman
You know... I will probably end up making all those AWESOME n64 stages on the stage editor (or at least TRYING too...). I really want to see that hyrule temple stage and great fox from the n64 version come back for some reason...

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
Hmm... Honestly I think I'd like the 64 stages to keep their original graphics for some reason. However I don't think it'd work if Melee's were left as is. They just wouldn't seem right, as if they're almost "caught between" retro and new graphical upgrade. *sigh* If I had to choose I GUESS I'd have to say graphical upgrades, even if I have to sacrifice my nice 2D retro for the 64 stages.

Kokaloo

Smash Apprentice
You have no idea how happy I'd be if Saffron City, The original Peach's Castle, and the original Hyrule Castle came back.

majoras incarnation

Smash Cadet
I would want them to have a slightly smoother look but overall i want the 64 stages to still look papery and the melee ones to still look gamecubeish

and i really wouldnt want stages that are getting exact copies in brawl in at all....aka i wouldnt want in the melee cornaria because chances are we have a rehash here......i would want the 64 one though but only becasue its unscaled

Zek

Smash Ace
I would want any stage in the game, besides retro ones, to be on Brawl's level graphically. I hated the look of the N64 stages in Melee. So yes, any returning stages should be upgraded IMHO. But I don't want them to waste all their time doing that for every stage ever, so I think it should just be a best-of selection.

KAFOR

Smash Apprentice
I would love it if Mr. Sakurai renewed every past character stage. It would be a ''buffet'' if you will. You would be able to choose any of your favorite stages regardless of which Super Smash Bros. game it originated from. Yes! I like!!

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
I want all of the N64 stages back, but only about half of the melee ones. no graphical updates on the N64 ones, I loved their old looks as they were and it would have a good retro feel to it. graphical updates on the melee ones, I would like that, but I can go without them.
BTW in the stage editor I would like to make a stage consisting of only one tiny conveior belt style platform just to see if it mkes it online, and if it did get sent out, I would laugh.

TheFifthMan

Smash Journeyman
A couple blocks away from Purdue University
Lesse.... I want to see Pokefloats and the original Pokemon Stadium back most of all. I love those stages. I also want to see Kongo Jungle 64 and Dream Land 64 back in, those were cool stages.

But hey, let's just bring back ALL the stages, that way no one complains. And all the stages that do return should get a graphical update. I mean, keep them in style and all, but a modeler can give all the stages updated textures, make the realistic ones look more realistic, give some cel-shading to the more cartoony stages, you know?

Top Bottom