• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Idle Shield

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
I would like for Palutena to use her shield in some capacity. Does anyone think its likely her shield will absorb projectiles like Link's when standing idle?

Seems like a waste otherwise.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well, we haven't seen Palutena's crouching animation, so she could probably do that with it. The only shield attack she does is her dash attack being a shield bash, though there's still moves we haven't seen her use yet, mainly all aerials except the staff-spinning N-air.
I do want to see a 2nd shield attack or use for it, though.

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
The trouble with Palutena blocking projectiles while idle is that she holds her shield at her side rather than in front of her, like Link. As Admiral Pit said, she does use it for her dash attack, which looks awesome. I'm sure she'll use it for her shield animation, and personally I think a back air shield slam would look awesome.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I would like for Palutena to use her shield in some capacity. Does anyone think its likely her shield will absorb projectiles like Link's when standing idle?

Seems like a waste otherwise.
100% agreed. I was expecting Palutena to use her shield somehow in her moveset. I mean, you can't just hold a huge shield like that and not use it.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
I think yes... every character with shield can do this... Link..... Toon-Link... And now Palutena. ^^

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Ah celebritybonus.... Allright -.-*

I forgot its the Zeldafranchise.

Last edited:

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
Both her dash attack and her B-Air do in fact have projectile blocking properties. :grin:

Top Bottom