• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Identity Theft

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Link to original post: [drupal=2382]Identity Theft[/drupal]

Ok. Well, here I am trying to get an apartment, and I realize my mother and father's names in credit reports. Although, those were never true. It was mostly about what houses they have been in, stating they rented and didn't pay the rent.

It could either be identity theft (possiblity) [it comes up with NAME matchs, but with the possiblity of social security number fraud] or just that there are alot of people with the same name and last name. My name is carlos. Thats all I will say, lol. Lots of things came up, for me and my father. Nothing should have came up for me since at the time those statements were in effect (or something) I was not of age for such things. Also, I don't have ANY sort of credit in my name, because I could never get it. (I would have to build credit to get it)

So, basically, if you have a child in the future, do not give them the same name as you. I know, maybe you want to name your child after you to leave that certain mark, but at least give them a middle name.

Also, I don't usually write out my full name, but I guess I should so that in the future my name isn't matched up with other people who might have the same name.

===========================================

I don't know how any of this happened. Just please, check your credit some time if you NEVER have. Its probaly IS happening to you. I never thought of this. then, BAM.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Happened to my parents, too.
Its suckish. Luckily, the company caught it right away and we lucked out majorly.

..Also happened to my friend's mom...well...her car window was smashed in and her purse with her credit cards was taken...so...thats definate identity theft. And just plain theft in general.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah running around to try and clear it up. :/ We didn't do much, and no one could really do anything. I'm not sure what to do. And we have 13 days left.

Top Bottom