• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ideas for new PK burst charge

D e l t a

That one guy who does the thing with a camera.
After comparing the old versions of Lucas' PK burst, who agrees that a cancel similar to DK / Samus / Sheik charges would be most effective? Tapping B would start the charge, hitting shield would cancel the animation. The end lag in 3.5 is still atrocious (40 -> 30 frames) and now it takes twice as long to charge up the move.

There's a few options that could be chosen:

1. Having a plain and simple cancel with a few more frames to charge up the move in order to balance PKB properly.​

Say they increase time from 120 frames to anywhere up to 150 frames (1/2 second longer). Useful while ledge guarding & waiting for opponent to recover, after a kill / throw move, or in neutral from a sizeable distance away from the opponent. Allows for starting up a charge and making the move more accessible.​

2. Make the charge revert to previous versions with a "usage" factor.​

In 2.6, I believe Lucas had a system where his PKB was only useable a few times, then it needed to charge up again. Many times as Lucas players, we miss the input for Dair because we hit C stick too early and Dsmash wastes the charge that took forever to get, or a random Up / Forward smash is thrown out because of a missed cue from a DJC aerial or otherwise. 3 uses seems like a reasonable number, as 1 charge is generally whiffed and another 1-2 are used in combos.​

Another idea would be for Lucas' PKB could start out games with 1-3 charges, then be forced to charge up again after a few uses. Starting the game with 1 charge and being allowed a max of 3 can prove to be pivotal as PKB is a high potential, yet under utilized move.​

Could either have a set amount of time that it takes to recharge similar to Snake's Tranq, or charge in increments as Lucario does. Total charge could carry over from stock to stock.​

Last edited:

zFrost

how do i title
NNID
z13124
took my idea for the opening part :p, i like the usage factor a lot more, PKB is useful but i don't think it should be limited to MAYBE getting one shot after taking a stock

Top Bottom