• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ideal Falco Wii Mote Control Config

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
Yeah.. i would like to know from you guys, what do you think is the best way to set up a wii mote + nunchunk to competitively defend some bread?
so far i have this:

Z: shield
C: jump
A: attack
B: special
A+B: grab (i don't use it cuz i mess up with the timing and phantasm all over the place Dx)
1: grab
2: taunt
1+2: taunt
D-pad: smashes in their respective directions
Shake Smash: on
tap Jump: on

So yeah, unfortunately, i do not have a gamecube controller yet, so doing some AT's are kinda difficult for me at the moment.... in particular, Boost smashing (i have to press back smash for the dash attack and almost instantly thrust the wii mote up and press up smash along with it, it works sometimes, but its unreliable..) and also laser locking (i don't know why, i suck at pressing b rapidly lol)
I also can't dair without fast falling as i saw on a topic about vsing wolf, the down button still fast falls me to my death....
So yeah, some suggestions would be nice, i can pay pretty well ike this, but i want to get in depth with the AT's so i need a new config.

BEES

Smash Lord
My first problem with the wiimote was the B trigger. It seemed unreliable. The second problem was the lack of a C-stick. Third problem was the C button for jumping, which seemed uncomfortable.

Here's how I solved it:

Z - jump
C - grab
B - shield
D-up - upsmash
D-side - fsmash
D-down - special
A - same smash/tilt configuration

two button grab - on (now it's a shield grab)
tap jump - off

This worked very nicely for Falco. I needed an upsmash and sidesmash button for hyphen smashing, but I could do without a dsmash button.

This is very close to being an actual gamecube controller. The only difference is the triggers switch sides. I got used to it quickly, and now I can use it interchangeably with my gamecube controller.

This works well for Fox too. Easy to shinedash with.

Azorpatch

Smash Cadet
I'm also a wiimote user and I can prove I play good. Personally I stick to the standard customization plus changing the D-pad to work as a C-stick. I can perform any AT except a reverse pivot grab because it rolls instead most of the times.

I say just keep practice and eventually things become a breeze.

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
My first problem with the wiimote was the B trigger. It seemed unreliable. The second problem was the lack of a C-stick. Third problem was the C button for jumping, which seemed uncomfortable.

Here's how I solved it:

Z - jump
C - grab
B - shield
D-up - upsmash
D-side - fsmash
D-down - special
A - same smash/tilt configuration

two button grab - on (now it's a shield grab)
tap jump - off

This worked very nicely for Falco. I needed an upsmash and sidesmash button for hyphen smashing, but I could do without a dsmash button.

This is very close to being an actual gamecube controller. The only difference is the triggers switch sides. I got used to it quickly, and now I can use it interchangeably with my gamecube controller.

This works well for Fox too. Easy to shinedash with.
I dont think i could live without a down smash button.... i use it often, and of course, how would i properly spike? i suxk at pressing down + attack button :p

Top Bottom