• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ideal EV Spreads

Fox Legend

Smash Apprentice
I was wondering if I could get some suggestions on ideal EV spreads, natures, and movesets for these Pokemon: Crobat, Milotic, Metagross, Tyranitar, Feraligator, Spiritomb, Snorlax, Rhyperior, and Lucario.

I'm trying to build some competitive teams, and would greatly appreciate this forums input.
Thanks

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Well, it depends on what role you want them to play.

Here's what the following Pokes are good for:

Physical Sweeper: ?Crobat?, Metagross, Tyranitar, Feraligatr, Snorlax, Rhyperior, Lucario.
252atk/252spd

Special Sweeper: Lucario.
252sa/252spd

Physical Wall: Spiritomb, Rhyperior,
252hp/252def

Special Wall: Milotic, Spiritomb, Snorlax.
252hp/252sd

Annoyer: Crobat, Spiritomb.
Crobat: 252spd/252atk
Spiritomb: 252hp/129def/129sd

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Fox Legend

Smash Apprentice
If i wanted a Crobat whose sole purpose was to confuse and toxify my opponent, and then U-Turn outta there, what kind of an EV spread would I want. Since it would need to be able survive a lot of hits, I'm thinking 252 Spd/252 HP, or maybe even 252 HP/125 Def/125 Sp.Def

Chiko_

Smash Apprentice
Crobat won't survive that many hits anyway. Any Steel pokémon counter it. But if you'd like to rely on h4x and stall, try Double Team insted.

Eh, 252/252 spreads is really boring.

* Sweepers. Check the speed tier for the EVs in speed, max sp/atk and probably the remaining EVs in HP.
The slower pokémons, like Rhyperior and Snorlax should probably have a more tankish set, not any speed. A recoverymove or a Substitute is almost a must.

* The walls should have full HP, with about 320-350+ in the stat they're walling, depending on their HP stat. A recoverymove is also pretty clever. Check the speed tier for things it's supposed to counter.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
A Crobat won't be able to survive a LOT of hits because of all the Thunderbolts and Ice Beams, but you might be able to send it into a Fighting or Grass move thanks to it's 4x resist.

Here's a good set:

Crobat @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252spd/164hp/92atk
Jolly (Spd+ SA-)

Confuse Ray
Toxic
Cross Poison/Aerial Ace
U-Turn

Confuse Ray and Toxic for the annoyance you want. U-Turn to get outta there. Choose either Cross Poison or Aerial Ace for STAB.

Most people don't use Confuse Ray because it can be cured by switching, which happens many times in a battle. You could use Hypnosis over CR if you want.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

Top Bottom